276°
Posted 20 hours ago

In a Thousand Different Ways: the gripping, unforgettable new novel from the Sunday Times number 1 bestselling author

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It means that she is compassionate and constantly needs to deal with emotional overload from the feeling of others and her own. To date, Cecelia’s books have sold 25 million copies internationally, are published in over 40 countries, in 30 languages. Over the years, and with the help of certain people, she begins to learn how to live with this 'gift', as it is described to her, but not without many battles. Ahern tackles many different scenarios in the book, so readers can fully appreciate what life would be like. Beim Hörbuch ging es alles übergangslos ineinander über, was es eben so schwer machte zu erkennen dass wir jetzt wieder in Alice' Vergangenheit sind.

Alice finds her perfect mate in one such man and Ahern used her sophisticated, masterful storytelling style to wrap all this up beautifully. She and her books have won numerous awards, including the Irish Book Award for Popular Fiction for The Year I Met You . It felt a bit like a mega serial (soap opera) with an extraordinary person since the mini-events happened to be nothing life changing or from a novel form story line altering. The last portion spans many years in Alice’s life, but I liked that approach as I think the author probably felt there was not much new material which could be introduced. How can one move in a society without fear, if one can see and feel the darkest intentions of some people for instance at a children´s playground?Overall a lovely read, uneven and sometimes getting bogged down in the middle, but ultimately a very enjoyable journey.

I hope to introduce new features during 2022 and join the Bookstagram community on Instagram properly, so come and follow me there too! Highly recommended if you enjoy rooting for an underdog, a little woo woo, and triumph over adversity themes. It would be like having an extra sense, of living in a world of colour where everyone has their own hue that reveals so much about them. Her brother Hugh is supportive, but her mother Lily struggles with illness, and her brother Ollie gets into trouble (later landing up in the jail). To access your ebook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.I have certainly read many glowing reviews of the book so why not read it for yourself and see what you think?

Alice wears a mask, sunglasses, gloves, and she won't shake anyone's hand and this comes across as her being rather strange.

I don't want to give any spoilers, but I love the way reality and the unlikely or even impossible blend together here. Disclaimer - I received a free digital download of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The book discusses everything from self-discovery to complicated family relationships, neglectful parents, and a love story. I never read blurbs, if the title catches me, cover catches me or it’s one of my favourite authors I’ll read it. Der Vater hat sich vom Acker gemacht, und so muss die 8jährige Alice eines Tages den Krankenwagen rufen weil sie glaubt, ihre Mutter sei tot.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment