276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Drinking Custard: The Diary of a Confused Mum

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She’s so honest about her motherhood journey and herself and is incredibly welcoming to the reader/listener. I just put some of my latest boiled custard in a quart jar to share with my oldest even before reading this. However, once I saw the cover I realised that I did indeed know who she was and had heard her on some podcasts relatively recently – I am clearly just terrible with names. She remembers stories of her own birth while her mother was on holiday, some points of which she sends to her mother some time later to clarify points of confusion – just to make sure that family legends are actually true. If you would prefer more of a baked custard, I do have a recipe for creme caramel which would be a wonderful wisdom teeth recovery treat as well at https://artofnaturalliving.

It was interesting to hear about Lucy’s relationship with her parents and grandparents and how she feels these have impacted upon her relationship with her daughter Elsie. She talks candidly here about the ups and downs of being a new mum, not least the pressures we often pile upon ourselves. I had listened to a podcast with Lucy and Jon on and thought Lucy was just as funny as Jon and they were talking about their funny daughter so I wanted to give this a shot. Or the efforts she made to infiltrate the local mums' social groups and when she embarrassingly forgot her own new-born baby's name!If you grew up in Jackson TN, you would have had this every Christmas (Walmart now carries it as early as Halloween. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. I had wondered how often he would chime in and was worried it might be a bit too often but actually there are only the occasional few lines which added to the humour nicely!

I'm really not a fan of 'mumsy' books so 'Diary Of A Confused Mum' is not a title I would usually pick up. I do like Lucy and Jon as a couple (heard them on Parenting Hell etc) but I didn’t feel that his interruptions were required. I can be quite sceptical about celeb books but Lucy comes across as so down to earth and relatable that I felt like I was sitting with a friend as I read. I think one think I appreciated about this book was there was no frills about how tough parenting can be; but it’s still the most amazing thing you can do!Today I am on a blog tour for an entertaining non-fiction – autobiographical book – Drinking Custard – Diary of a Confused Mum. Hubs treated me to this after it was mentioned on MEET THE RICHARDSONS , we are not Parents to Human Children but we are Parents In our own fashion. Come down the travelators, exit Sainsbury's, turn right and follow the pedestrianised walkway to Crown Walk and turn right - and Coles will be right in front of you.

Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages.Lucy Beaumont is a fabulous and witty narrator of her story – I was going to say guide, but she is clear that this book isn’t full of parenting tips and is much more about entertainment, Good, I say – most of the parenting books I did try out of desperation when my children were tiny were no help and laughter would have been better anyway! I don’t blame her for wanting to look after a pet bull when she saw an advert on Facebook during her pregnancy and wanted to bring him home to cuddle and have parties with his bull friends. Adding the Milk: If you add all the milk at once, sometimes the egg will cook too much and you’ll end up with little chunks of cooked egg in your custard, which obviously isn’t so great.

As I read through the book, this is a book with humour and with anecdotes that parents may be able to relate to in their own lives. The writing style is conversational and each section is broken up with different subheadings and the occasional aside.Heating: Bringing this just to a boil essentially “cooks” the egg enough that it isn’t considered raw any longer. Once I got beyond the fact that I had totally mis-identified Lucy Beaumont (in my head, she was actress Lucy Punch – whoops! Altogether this is a funny book with much that I recognised, and I was very pleased to have the opportunity to read and review this entertaining book. Divinity candy, Italian or Swiss meringue frosting, pure white cake, angel food cake, meringue cookies, combine with whole eggs and make your own Egg Beaters. Not saying this because it will make them feel better about their own parenting skills no, but for the feeling of comradery amongst mothers alike.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment