276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Marmot Fordham Waterproof Down Jacket, Men, 700 Fill Power Down, Windproof

£132.915£265.83Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not fully seam-sealed, which means moisture can make its way through the outer shell to the down underneath in sustained rain or snow. Why isn’t the Fordham ranked higher on our list? The fit is a bit snug for a cold-weather layering piece, and particularly in the collar area when trying to add extra warmth like a scarf. It also feels bulkier and puffier than the McMurdo above, especially around the shoulders and arms. But the upside is we found it to offer a step up in warmth on truly frigid days (although its shorter cut can't match the McMurdo's coverage). Overall, the Fordham is a very viable competitor to the casual options on this list with its combination of comfort, durability, and price... Read in-depth review I ultimately decided to buy it because I prefer the Marmot Fordham style. Wow, this coat really delivers! As soon as I put it on, I felt comfy and warm. In fact, if I were cold and just wanted to feel cozy or warm, I could wear this coat inside. The only criticism I have is that the coat felt a little stiffer and heavier than usual. But really, I was trying on a brand-new coat. I’m confident that it won’t be as stiff when I break it in and use it a few times. Can’t escape the fact that it’s heavier, but I’m comparing it to down coats that are lightweight and only a few ounces in weight.

Norway-based Helly Hansen has garnered widespread appeal among resort skiers, but their casual lineup also has a lot to offer. The Urban Lab Down Parka is designed for winter in the city, featuring a hefty dose of down in a stylish below-the-hip design. We’ve come to trust Helly Hansen’s in-house waterproof membranes, and the Urban Lab features their high-end Helly Tech Professional, which translates to stalwart protection in wet environments. All told, the Urban Lab puts up an impressive defense against frigid and stormy weather while looking good in the process. I was perfectly toasty when I wore the coat today in 17-degree temperatures with nothing more than a short sleeve shirt underneath. I can’t believe I’ve lived in Montana for three and a half decades without a warm coat. Additionally, it looks fantastic, and both menand women have already complimented me on it. While the cut of this intense parka is roomy and allows for effective layering, it isn't the most stylish. Its warm insulation is too effective for even moderate climates or active endeavors. The Expedition is also very expensive and is only practical in the most extreme cold climates. If you live in a severely cold place and spend a significant amount of time hanging out outside — like ice fishing in Minnesota or bird watching in Vermont — the warmth, protection, and durability of the Expedition Parka may be worth dropping this serious chunk of change. If that still sounds out of reach, the Helly Hansen Alpha LifaLoft is designed for skiing but offers impressive warmth and weather protection for far less. A typical sweater under has kept Me toasty warm done to -25C with a windchill of -33C that's as cold as I've dealt with so far.

No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information. The listed offers do not constitute legally binding advertising claims of the merchants.

The McMurdo Parka has been updated since our last testing period. The version we tested has 550-fill down, while the newest version has 600-fill down. We're in the process of testing this updated version, but for now, our review reflects the previous rendition. Seattle-based Feathered Friends is a small company that specializes in premium down products, and they manufacture most everything in the Unites States. We love their lightweight Eos for cool weather, but the heavyweight Khumbu Parka is about as warm as it gets. Most importantly, it’s absolutely jammed with high-quality down: 13.3 ounces of 900-fill goose down to be exact. And you also get thoughtful touches like PrimaLoft Gold synthetic insulation around the collar, reinforced elbows, and a handy two-way zipper.In general, I believe you guys ought to at least give it a shot. You won’t be let down, I promise. The fewer individuals who have it, the better; if not, that is OK too. We aren’t all here twinned up like this.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment