276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Aberfeldy 12 Year Old Highland Scotch Single Malt Whisky with Gift Tube, Aged in Oak Casks, Notes of Honey, Fruit, Spices, Vanilla & Hint of Smoke, 40% ABV, 70cl / 700ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Palate: Silky vanilla and creamy oak lead to refined smoke, with notes of marzipan, candied orange, and floral fruit. I shared the financial burden with my Scottish pal as part of our annual Christmas pact to split the cost and explore a more expensive bottle that normally we could not justify on our own steam, a great partnership i can highly recommend. Nose: Runny honey, dried fruits, and biscuity malt enlivened by a fresh, zesty quality, and notes of waxed citrus.

Aberfeldy Single Malt Scotch Whisky : The Whisky Exchange

Well we had success with the previous Christmas choice so had high hopes, however the Aberfeldy left us underwhelmed. It was a potential easy win for the bottle with eager, excited drinkers waiting to pour out the first drams but it was not to be. Wow, what a dram... A fine easy drinking dram. Nice and smooth with fruity notes and a honey like taste. Palate: Sweet, malty, with gentle peat and a mellow, silky texture. Vanilla fudge, peaches and cream, and subtle toasted oak follow. It's not bad at all although a little unremarkable and if it was a third of the price it would be a decent buy.We have been privileged to have held her royal warrant throughout the entirety of her remarkable 70 year reign. Nose: Creamy. Some sherried fruit with a trailing hint of smoke. Honeyed prunes, custard, and espresso beans.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment