276°
Posted 20 hours ago

adidas Men's Ultraboost 19 Running Shoe

£56.555£113.11Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The collar bulk has been removed too, meaning the fit feels more precise and less clumsy, all of which contribute to a more streamlined and compliant rear to the shoe. The Ultraboost 19 has too much squish for shorter races. The adidas adios 4 or the New Balance 1400V6 meet those needs. For something in between, the Solar Drive or the Saucony Ride ISO are versatile neutral runners with just the right amount of cushioning. SIMILAR NEUTRAL CUSHIONED SHOES Didn’t affect performance, it’s just not the quality you want to see in a shoe at this price point.

It’s mostly just a set pattern with a few permutations of say having blue/red fabric shifted around, but still neat to know this shoe can do this. Previous versions of Continental rubber on Adidas shoes have been extra squeaky on tile/hardwood surfaces (similar to a car tire on tile/hardwood) which honestly isn’t a thing to worry about, but good to know if you want to wear it around the house. If I review this shoe as a shoe for easy runs, which is what I’d argue it’s designed to be, it’s comfortable, rolls nicely underfoot and has seen me through runs up to 10 miles (16km) without any complaints. That said, I’m not sure it’s going to replace the Nike Invincible or Hoka Bondi 7 for my easy training miles. For me, the LEP system makes the shoe that little bit too firm underfoot to be enjoyable over long distances, but if you’re a beginner looking for a shoe to run shorter distances and wear in the gym, this shouldn’t put you off. Apart from the Boost foam, there’s a rigid polymer bar below the midfoot that stiffens the shoe and helps your toe-off.

RECOMMENDED ROTATION

This version of Continental rubber is much better on those surfaces. And it’s still durable, I saw no premature signs of wear after my 90ish miles of running before I wrote this review. The UB19’s deeper cushioning comes with a firmer top and bottom layer due to the new upper and the harder outsole. Most importantly of all, the much-disliked cage has been replaced with pliable synthetic panels. THE RIDE EXPERIENCE

Although the general rule of thumb for running sneakers is the lighter, the better, I was initially concerned that making an already light shoe even lighter would take away from its structural integrity. But after wearing the Ultra Boost 19 for a while, I found out that they're still extremely stable. This is the first Adidas sneaker I've worn with Primeknit 360 material and it's more form-fitting and stretchier than the normal Primeknit. These characteristics make the material lighter without sacrificing stability. I also really like how the heel frame is a rigid 3D printed outline rather than a solid piece of plastic. It's great to see Adidas stay ahead of the innovation curve by employing modern production methods like 3D ( and even 4D) printing.It also helped that the Ultraboost was adopted by casual-wear consumers who overlooked features which would otherwise be missed under performance running conditions. Adidas has set out to improve things with the UltraBoost 22, changing the design of the women’s version. This isn’t Adidas’s first foray into female-specific footwear: in 2016 it launched the Pureboost X, a shoe designed for female feet that had a somewhat bizarre-looking floating arch above the midsole. However, tailoring the fit of Adidas’s most popular cushioned running shoe to women is a much bigger deal.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment