276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Revolution Beauty London Skincare, 5% Glycolic Acid, toner, 200ml (Packaging may vary)

£2.38£4.76Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Revolution Skincare Vitamin C Eye Cream is a brightening eye cream that helps to reduce the appearance of dark spots, pigmentation, and uneven skin tone. It doesn’t have as many actives as The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + HA Serum (formerly known as The Ordinary “Buffet”), another affordable multi-peptide serum, but this multi-peptide serum has a better texture and a lighter consistency. I find this hyaluronic acid serum to be a nice boost in my routine when my skin looks and feels dry and dull. Perfect for combination and oily skin types, this gel-cream contains niacinamide (vitamin B3), an active that provides multiple benefits for the skin. I wanted to give this product a good few weeks to work before reviewing, and I'm glad I did because I can really see the difference now! I have maturing, cystic acne prone, combination skin with scarring from previous acne breakouts.

Sodium ascorbyl phosphate provides similar benefits as pure vitamin C. It offers antioxidant protection, improves collagen synthesis, and helps brighten the skin. Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate (Syn-Ake): This hard-to-pronounce active is a tripeptide that works to diminish wrinkles and laughter lines like Botox does.

Miscellaneous

I’ve been using multiple products from Revolution Skincare over the past year. In my experience, they are very comparable to The Ordinary and The Inkey List products. The serum targets the signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines and loss of firmness and elasticity.

Kaolin and rice starch absorb excess oil, while glycerin and betaine are humectants that moisturize the skin. As glycolic acid is an exfoliant, it’s usually combined with soothing and hydrating ingredients to be best tolerated by the skin. Look for ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, aloe, and niacinamide as these will calm the skin and help to retain moisture.First thing I noticed upon opening, is that it doesn't smell amazing, but it doesn't smell awful either. It's just a bit chemically rather than fragranced or fragrance free. This vitamin C serum has a thin creamy texture that absorbs into the skin easily. I’ve never tried a 12.5% vitamin C serum before, only 10% and under or 15% and over. If you suffer from hyperpigmentation and dark spots, or you have a skin type that can handle more potent formulations, this vitamin C product is a very affordable option. Another important factor Dr. Zeichner says to keep in mind is the pH of the product itself. “The lower the pH, the more potent of an effect it will have on the skin in terms of exfoliation,” he says. “At the same time, the lower the pH, the harsher the effect will be on the skin.” Acid toners with a pH of around 2 are generally quite effective, and it’s important to note that they won’t be very effective at a pH above 4.

I’ve seen an improvement in clarity and a slight brightening of my complexion after using this serum daily. From oil regulation and skin barrier restoration to smoothing fine lines and wrinkles and fading hyperpigmentation, niacinamide is a true multi-tasker. I love all of the actives in this eye cream, especially the vitamin C derivative and niacinamide. The eye cream is creamy and non-greasy and has the feel of a luxury eye cream.

Ingredients

A few nights a week, I use it in place of my regular toner, and it leaves my skin softer, smoother with improved skin texture. I use this niacinamide serum without any irritation. It really tamps down the oily buildup in my skin throughout the day. Revolution Beauty is the parent company of Revolution Skincare. Founded in 2013, Revolution Beauty is well known for its makeup products under the Makeup Revolution line. Revolution Skincare Niacinamide Mattifying Moisture Cream is a moisturizer formulated to balance sebum production, reduce the look of pores, and redness and moisturize the skin. Revolution Skincare 2% Hyaluronic Acid Pumping and Hydrating Serum contains 2% of the very popular skin hydrator hyaluronic acid.

Is a potent antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from free radicals and environmental damage. Ascorbic acid also improves wrinkles, fine lines, skin tone, and roughness in photodamaged skin. Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7: Better known as Matrixyl 3000, this peptide duo is supposed to stimulate collagen production and restore skin firmness. It has been shown to improve fine lines and wrinkles in photoaged skin. For my skin, it lives up to being mattifying without being too drying. I enjoy using it over my serums when my skin is feeling a bit oily. Revolution Skincare Multi Targeting & Firming Multi Peptide Serum contains Matrixyl synthe’6 and Matrixyl 3000 like Revolution Skincare’s 10% Matrixyl serum PLUS the peptide Syn-Ake.This serum really agrees with my skin and seems to be a perfect concentration that is strong enough but does not irritate my skin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment