276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tee & Sympathy Ho Ho Ho Now I Have A Machine Gun Sweatshirt - Inspired by Die Hard

£9£18.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The '80s: Can you say "smarmy, bearded, Gordon Gekko-type working for a company that has been bought out by the Japanese"? See also the price of gas when Sgt. Powell stops for twinkies — 74 cents for regular, 77 unleaded (and the existence of leaded gasoline at the station in the first place, as that hasn't been sold since the early nineties). When Theo first enters, he's describing a play involving four members of the remarkable late-eighties L.A. Lakers: James Worthy, A.C. Green, Magic Johnson, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Takagi barely blinks when he catches Ellis snorting cocaine from Holly's desk, except for identifying John as "Holly's husband. Holly's policeman." Lastly, there're the airport's ridiculously lax safety standards by modern standards: smoking is permitted in the airport proper, and John carries his gun on the plane itself. The only reason John is able to escape the initial takeover of the party is the searching unit sweeping through the offices are distracted by a topless woman being pulled away in mid-coitus with another office worker, allowing John to slip away to the stairwell unnoticed. John McClane: Mayday, mayday! Anyone copy in channel 9? Terrorists have seized the Nakatomi building and are holding at least 30 people hostage! I repeat, unknown number of terrorists, six or more armed with automatic weapons, at Nakatomi Plaza, Century City. Somebody answer me, goddamn it!

Now I Have Machine - Etsy Canada Now I Have Machine - Etsy Canada

Bait the Dog: After the effort he put into his seemingly pleasant façade throughout much of the movie, the critical portion of Hans Gruber's escape plan is to kill the hostages and escape in the confusion.When Robinson arrives on the scene, Al, who was the first man there, introduces himself as "Sgt. Powell. Al Powell." The movie was adapted into several video games, including Dynamite Cop (completely different apart from the premise, where one of the players is based on John McClane, barefoot and all that) and Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza (a direct adaptation). Pregnant Hostage: Played with. Shortly after Hans and his crew take over, they're informed by Holly that one of the hostages is pregnant. Hans rolls his eyes until Holly clarifies that she's not due for a few weeks, but just needs something more comfortable to sit on. He's willing to oblige, to a point.

Now I Have - Etsy UK Now I Have - Etsy UK

Pan and Scan: The DVD contains a featurette giving a very good illustration of the differences between letterbox, "centre-scan" and pan-and-scan. Lawful Stupid: Except for Sgt. Al Powell, every LAPD officer, as well as FBI special agents Johnson and Johnson (no relation), is unhelpful to John McClane in his efforts to stop Hans Gruber, who takes complete advantage of their stupidity. All According to Plan: When the LAPD arrives at Nakatomi, Hans tells his henchmen to relax because the cops were going to arrive at some point, it's just a matter of timing. He also adds as an aside that their arrival was necessary. Why? Hans demands the release of hostages, forcing Robinson to call the FBI, the FBI cut the power to the Nakatomi building as part of their anti-terrorist procedure... allowing Hans to open the vault.

Alarm SOS: John tries to get help to fight the terrorists by pulling the fire alarm, but the terrorists respond by calling 911 and telling them that it's a false alarm.

Now I Have a Machinegun Sweater - Etsy UK

Gruber establishes the Magnificent Bastard, Smug Snake type of criminal he is when he's directing his goons to prep before taking the Nakatomi Christmas Party hostage. And then, after they burst in and spray the place with bullets, he gently chides the screaming, terrified, hostages to please, please be quiet and allow him to speak. A "Johnson" is also slang for "penis". This makes a nice Credits Gag as the agents are referred to as "Big Johnson" and "Little Johnson". Mook Horror Show: John writes the words "NOW I HAVE A MACHINE GUN. HO HO HO." on the shirt of a terrorist he kills and sends it down the elevator so that the other terrorists can see it. Bond Villain Stupidity: Karl has a gun pointed at John. He could have easily shot him any time, instead John managed to disarm him and engage in hand-to-hand combat. Why? Karl thought he'd make John die slowly and painfully.Final Exchange: Marco has McClane trapped beneath a conference table and has just reloaded his MP5 to deliver the coup de grâce. The mook jeers, "Next time you have a chance to kill someone, don't hesitate!" In response, McClane immediately unloads his gun through the table and into the bad guy, killing him (painfully). Speaking to the fallen corpse, McClane says, "Thanks for the advice." Nice to the Waiter: On his way to the Nakatomi, John is chummy with Argyle and even rides in the front seat of the limo with him, like a relatable everyman. Revenge Before Reason: After McClane kills his brother, Karl nearly blows the plan repeatedly to get his revenge. Sgt. Powell: The man is hurting. He's alone, tired, and hasn't seen diddly-squat from anyone down here! Now you're going to stand there and tell me that he's going to give a DAMN about what you do to him, IF he makes it out of there alive? Why don't you wake up and smell what you're shoveling!

Die Hard Christmas Sweatshirt Now I Have A Machine Gun - Etsy

Hostage Situation: Subverted. The entire hostage situation is choreographed to provide cover for the real crime, a massive robbery. The FBI's response, to shut down the power, is exactly what they wanted.

Required Cookies & Technologies

Argyle. After spending most of the film trapped in the garage, he manages at the end to ram the ambulance driven by Theo and then punch him out. As Karl accompanies Hans and Takagi to the 34th floor, he's shown to have put his Walther PPK in the waistband of his pants. Die Hard Christmas Jumper, Now I have a Machine Gun Xmas Grey Sweatshirt, Christmas Movie Jumper, Ugly Christmas Sweater Gift for Friend Averted with Ellis' death. We get a nice (although slightly blurred) view of the exit wound on his head, and it isn't pretty.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment