276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fulfil Vitamin and Protein Bar (15 x 40 g Bars) — Chocolate Salted Caramel Flavour — 15 g High Protein, 9 Vitamins, Low Sugar

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is one of my favourite protein bars out there – it makes Grenade’s ‘Caramel Chaos’ look like a chunk of cardboard in comparison. I can’t recommend highly enough. Flavour-wise, each individual element is great. The caramel is rich and deep and the dark chocolate hits the spot with its blend of sweet bitterness.

Fulfil bars come in the following flavours (with new ones released periodically), each of which you’ll find my thoughts on below: The centre is soft and chewier than expected, probably because there’s real coconut in it. The coconut flavour is perfect – it’s not artificial or overpowering. It’s sweet and creamy, and blends well with the hint of chocolate from the coating. This bar weighs in at 60g, 5g more than Fulfil’s standard 55g, explained by the more dense and chewy core. The macros are still stellar with 207 kcal, 8.4g fat, 11.7g carbs, 2.1g sugar, and 20.6g protein. There’s also a hefty 11.2g fibre in there and the protein comes from milk. For 213 kcal you get 7.2g fat, 2.3g sugar and 20g protein. The carb count is slightly higher than usual at 20g, but with the inclusion of lemon peel you can’t really complain! Triple Choc Deluxe 6/10.Macros: 197 calories, 15g carbs, 20g protein and 8g fat. Available in both 55g and 40g. Chocolate Hazelnut Whip 9/10. The bar looks pleasant enough. Dark chocolate coating, gentle scent of cocoa, obvious cookie-like texture. On the inside the ‘cream’ aspect is obvious, sandwiched between two crunchy layers. In an ideal world, protein bars would taste good and do good. That being said, a lot of great-tasing protein bars are laden with sugar, and mysterious ingredients, offering little else than 20g of protein. The best part is definitely the caramel layer. It’s rich and deep, there’s lots of it and, crucially, it blends so well with the white chocolate. Lemon is not a common flavour among protein bars – Oh Yeah!’s lemon drizzle cake ONE bar is the only one that springs to mind. I’ll admit I went into this a little sceptical, but I came out pleasantly surprised.

Cookie dough is slightly salty, it’s soft and chewy and it has chocolate chunks in it. Surely the innovators at Fulfil have experienced the pure joy that is eating cookie dough straight from the mixing bowl. I suspect ‘cookie dough’ has been used as a buzz word to make this bar sound more exciting. I had never really thought about pairing lemon with white chocolate, but it works so well – creamy, sweet and slightly tart at the same time. The lemon flavour is authentic, and the addition of lemon chunks (peel maybe?) is really going above and beyond. Whilst the ingredients list is pretty inoffensive, some might take issue with the milk protein and collagen hydrolysate blend, but you are getting 30% of your vitamin RDA and the macros are great – 212 calories, 20g protein, 9.5g fat (higher than usual because of the peanuts), and 15g carbs. Jaffa Cakes, Terry’s Chocolate Orange, Lindt Orange Intense, Grenade Jaffa Quake – anything chocolate orange is good stuff to me, and this is no exception. This bar looks incredible. I love that Fulfil have replaced crispies with hazelnut pieces, much like the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavour. There’s a wonderful smell of hazelnut, inside it’s the classic three-layer bar we’ve come to know and love.

Follow Fulfil

The macros are good – 208 kcal, 9.3g fat, 8.2g carbs, 1.9g sugar, 20g protein – but the protein does come from soy which might cause alarm among the whey puritans out there. But then again the reason I would swerve this bar isn’t because soy protein is the first ingredient… Having had my moan, I will say that the chocolate coating is nice. The flavour is dark and rich, but still not enough to mark the other, more unpleasant, aspects of the bar. Macros are what we’ve come to expect from Fulfil – 203 kcal, 13g fat, 19g carbs, 2.7g sugar and 20g protein. The carb count is slightly higher than other bars, but they have used real orange peel to add flavour so can you really complain? Lemon Zinger 10/10. It has to be said that initially this bar is quite tough, the centre being a little chewier than other Fulfil flavours. It’s not unpleasant by any means, and the caramel layer offsets it a little, but I do prefer the softer nougat-y core of the other bars. A peanut base topped with a caramel and sprinkled with crispies and peanut pieces, all encased in a layer of white chocolate.

I’ve said it a million times BUT I LOVE white chocolate and, since trying the White Chocolate and Cookie Dough flavour, I know Fulfil do a good white chocolate.

Disclaimer

Whilst all this is laudable, it has to taste good too – otherwise you may as well pop some vitamins and be done with it. On the whole I’m pretty impressed by Fulfil, especially the Chocolate Salted Caramel and Lemon Zinger flavours. But looks can be deceiving. Initially there’s a pleasant cocoa taste, but as I chewed it began to take on the classic ‘protein’ taste and ended up tasting strangely of marzipan. It was too sweet then too bitter, probably because someone was a little heavy-handed with the sweetener. All in all a great bar, especially if you’re a woosie not a fan of dark chocolate. Chocolate Caramel & Cookie Dough If you told me this was a regular chocolate bar I’d have no problems believing you. I definitely prefer it to Grenade’s Peanut Nutter. Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel – 6/10

Anyway, the orange flavour isn’t artificial nor too strong, and it blends perfectly with the chocolate. Once again Fulfil have really got this one right. It’s not a Terry’s Chocolate Orange, but then if that’s what you’re after you won’t find it in a protein bar… Essentially, I just don’t think dark chocolate and rich salted caramel flavours work here. White Chocolate Peanut & Caramel – 10/10The caramel doesn’t even come to the bar’s rescue, being too rich to counter the depth of the dark chocolate. Overall this bar is delicious. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and salt, it’s soft yet chewy, and there’s enough caramel to mean it oozes out when you take a bite. Coming soon. Stay tuned… Chocolate Salted Caramel 10/10. Apologies for the ugly bandages – broken fingers don’t fit the aesthetic…

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment