276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Clean & Green: 101 Hints and Tips for a More Eco-Friendly Home

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To get your sheets looking whiter than ever, Nancy explains: 'All you're going to need is table salt, citric acid and a sunny day. Drawing from her experiences growing up post-war, being a working single mother, and creating budget-friendly hacks such as her 12p laundry detergent, Nancy shares 101 useful, cost-effective, and environmentally conscious household tips.

Books by Nancy Birtwhistle – Nancy Birtwhistle

Eco-friendly options are up to 72p a wash, supermarket own (not friendly) cost 10 - 13p a wash and my own "eco-blend" is just 10p a wash! Once you are satisfied that it looks as it used to, take the towel and start rolling from the bottom, nice and tight, until the jumper is concealed in a huge towel and jumper sausage.Nancy Birtwhistle makes it easy with 101 indispensable tips, ideas and recipes that will help you to live a more eco-friendly life without giving up on any home comforts. Most importantly, I feel, are those little hits and tips which make such a difference in the kitchen and within the home. Birtwhistle, a no-nonsense retired GP practice manager and grandmother of nine, won the fifth series of The Great British Bake Off in 2014, but she has also become known on social media for her green cleaning tips. When I worked in offices and used to wear suits, I would often send jackets to the cleaner just because the collar was grubby. To make her eco-friendly solution, you'll need 150g of citric acid, 75ml water, 20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil and 25ml of eco-friendly washing-up liquid.

Green Living Made Easy by Nancy Birtwhistle | Waterstones Green Living Made Easy by Nancy Birtwhistle | Waterstones

Nancy shares her tried-and-tested recipes for all-purpose cleaners, replacements for harmful chemicals that will keep both your home and the planet clean and green for future generations.My Pure Magic is not harmful, it kills germs, destroys limescale (which bleach alone doesn’t do) and smells fresh. She made one from nettles (60g boiled in 600ml water) and another using rhubarb leaves (500g of leaves in a litre of water). Learn how easy it is to make simple swaps in your cleaning and tidying methods for a more eco-friendly home.

Nancy Birtwhistle: 8 Secrets For A Sparkling Clean Home Nancy Birtwhistle: 8 Secrets For A Sparkling Clean Home

Once it has been left to cool, Nancy then adds 10-20 drops of lemon or tea tree oil and transfers it into a spray bottle. We all want to do our best for our homes and the planet, but it’s often hard to find the time and energy to think of alternatives. I knew in the depths of my memory something about ivy and saponin [a natural foaming detergent], so I Googled it. Leave the liquid in the jug to cool completely, uncovered, for a few hours to prevent crystallisation, then pour into a spray bottle and it is ready to use. Fixed stains: Use a small paintbrush to dampen the stain with the Pure Magic – if the garment is already slightly damp this is easier to do.We all want to do our best for our homes and the planet, but it's often hard to find the time and energy to think of alternatives.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment