276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pink - Raise Your Glass: Die Biografie der Sängerin P!nk

£11.83£23.66Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I wish I was too school for cool. That sounds like a positive trait that would result in me having an enriched life, and having interests that went beyond acquiring as much music as humanly possible. Perhaps even making me a better person all-around. But maybe I'm just m!ssundazstanding the intent of these lyrics, right P!nk? In August 2017 Pink unveiled a new single, "What About Us." It was the first release from her seventh studio album, Beautiful Trauma, which shot to the top of the Billboard 200 upon its release in October. The momentum continued into 2018, with the pop star performing at the Grammys in late January and singing the national anthem at Super Bowl LII a few days later. 'Hurts 2B Human' For over 20 years, Pink has entertained fans, and Pink: Raise Your Glass takes readers through those years and more. We learn about her young life and family, her career and passions, and her family today. And every step of the way we see her music develop. There’s a reason she won Billboard’s Icon award in 2021. Among her many accolades, Pink received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in February 2019. Later that year she was named the People's Champion of 2019 at the People's Choice Awards. Upon accepting the honor, she implored the audience to go out and make a difference, noting, "Kindness today is an act of rebellion."

Has P!nk really been around long enough to have a greatest hits album? In fact, she has. She’s been around 10 years already, actually, in which time she’s moved an impressive 34 million albums worldwide. Raise Your Glass (liner notes). Pink. LaFace Records. 2010. {{ cite AV media notes}}: CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) ( link) In The Number Ones, I’m reviewing every single #1 single in the history of the Billboard Hot 100, starting with the chart’s beginning, in 1958, and working my way up into the present. Book Bonus Beat: The Number Ones: Twenty Chart-Topping Hits That Reveal the History of Pop Music. Raise Your Glass" serves as the opening song of The Truth About Love Tour. Pink performed the song live at American Music Awards of 2010 at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. [15] It has also been added to Pink's Beautiful Trauma Tour and Pink Summer Carnival, pink trustfall tour Other versions [ edit ]The song was featured in a commercial for the 2011 film Bridesmaids, and in the theatrical trailers for the films What's Your Number? and New Year's Eve. [3] Selling Sunset star Chrishell Stause and Gleb Savchenko danced the tango to the song on the premiere of Dancing with the Stars. Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-12-19 . Retrieved 2011-04-08. {{ cite web}}: CS1 maint: archived copy as title ( link)

Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Pink; 'Raise Your Glass ')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie . Retrieved November 12, 2021.Instead, Pink found solace in music, and as early as the age of 13 she was navigating the complicated Philadelphia club scene. By the time she was 14, she was already an experienced vocalist and dancer, and started to write her own songs. She also had a regular singing gig every Friday night at a Philly nightclub. But it proved to be a hard life for her to manage, as she was swallowed by a world of drugs (she nearly overdosed at the age of 15) and petty crime. She eventually dropped out of high school before returning to earn her G.E.D. in 1998. Early Music Career Pink describes the song as a "celebration for people who feel left out from the popular crowd." [5] In an interview for MTV, Pink comments on the song: "I don't know if it's going to be huge, but it is new. I did three new songs. It was good timing. I had been on the road for two years and I hadn't written anything and I wanted to write a song about underdogs. Instead of going and becoming a cover girl, I kind of just hit the road and pounded the pavement...and became a touring artist. You don't have to be popular when you're a touring artist, you just have to be good, and this is a thank you for the fans." [5] Critical reception [ edit ]

Freeman, Paul (16 March 2016). "Love of music and faith combine in The Maccabeats". The Mercury News . Retrieved 20 March 2017. This book is divided into chapters to cover specifics about her life based on her albums. The overall structure seems to be chronological, yet there are discrepancies that make reading more confusing. There are random facts thrown in that are related to the individuals being discussed, yet don’t fit chronologically. There is also more repetition of information than I would have cared for. Some of the same details about her life are shared in more than one chapter. ARIA End of Year Singles Chart 2011". Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved 2020-02-28.She consistently out-sings her contemporaries with hit songs such as, "Get the Party Started," "Just Like a Pill," "So What," "What About Us," and "Beautiful Trauma," while her willingness to speak frankly about difficult topics has made her a relatable role model. She is an outspoken animal rights activist, and has been vocal about women's rights, LGBT rights, and her support of same-sex marriage. The structure of this book may work well for someone who just wants to jump to a chapter to learn about a specific album’s details. However, I feel that the book would read better if it were written more like a story of her life. It’s kind of a mix between styles.

So What” also happens to be a very good song, so that was probably also helpful to Pink. None of the other songs on Pink’s Funhouse album hit anywhere near as hard as “So What,” and it’s a little disorienting to be listening to Greatest Hits… So Far!!! when a non-hit like “I Don’t Believe You” pops up. (Like a lot of that era’s greatest-hits collections, Greatest Hits… So Far!!! is way too long. Pink would’ve absolutely crushed in the “10 song greatest-hits album that you buy on cassette at a gas station” days.) But Pink toured Funhouse hard, and she became a kind of pop-music road dog, an arena-sized act whose fortunes didn’t necessarily depend on arbitrary pop-chart placements or the vagaries of the album cycle.

I didn’t know much about Pink (Alecia Beth Moore), but I love biographies, so I was intrigued when I saw this ARC on NetGalley. I’m so glad I requested and was approved for an early review. The song was released as the album's lead single on October 5, 2010, by Jive Records gaining both critical and commercial success, being acclaimed by most music critics and described as a party anthem, and reaching the top-ten in several countries, including the United States, where it became her third number-one single. In 2011, "Raise Your Glass" was ranked at number thirteen on the "Top 40 Year End Chart" based on Mediabase. [2] Away from the record studio, Pink's life was also evolving. She married her boyfriend, Motocross star Carey Hart, in Costa Rica, after proposing to him during one of his races. But like her parents' marriage, Pink's union with Hart proved to be tumultuous, and just two years after they exchanged vows, the couple separated. Her fifth album, Funhouse (2008), drew from the raw emotions she was feeling from her separation. It also proved to be a huge commercial success, debuting at No. 2 on the Billboard chart, and inspiring a wild, worldwide tour that featured the artist performing blindfolded and—in some instances—singing upside-down on a trapeze.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment