276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Coral: A Pessimist in Paradise

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The book had me crying, laughing, gasping, and even slightly hyperventilating at some parts. It had plenty of twists and turns, and really made you think to figure *it* out. for me, the most emotional part was when Maya took her life. That made me sad beyond words. In January 1981, the Coral Group was acquired by Bass plc and although it continued to retain the Coral name it became an integral part of the growing Bass Leisure. Sexual: Goodness there was a lot of kissing in this book which I felt was just 😒 bc of the way it was in the story. A lot of it wasn't necessarily needed besides showing character flaws and growth. So for those of you wanting to stay away from that sort of stuff I wouldn't recommend. There was also an unwanted advances scene that kinda confused me... The mc was very smart in saving herself until she knew everyone's place so there was that. And they weren't detailed-ly described like secular YA either so it is better than normal, but still.

This book has been on my to-read list for forever it seems. As an avid fairytale fan--and obsessive lover of mermaids--I absolutely had this book on my radar. And, thanks to my friend who agreed to buddy read it with me before Realm Makers next month, I finally decided to just do it. In July 2009, Coral announced the relocation of their broadcasting department to Milton Keynes to a purpose built studio to manage the inception of its new television channel, Coral TV. [16]Alcohol: One underage character drinks champagne but it's only mentioned twice and very causally (he wasn't doing it abusively and nothing came out of it) Coral: A little mermaid who lost her oldest sister to Red Tide, a condition that mirrors depression. Brooke: The most mysterious of the three perspectives, Brooke resides in a treatment center struggling with depression and anxiety. Sara Ella's prose is just lovely. She really has a way with words! Her descriptions, especially of Coral's underwater world, were so vivid and haunting. I could really envision it. Fathoms House sounded so peaceful, and I loved the aura Sara Ella created around it. It seems like a beautiful place to visit! Rubinstein, William D.; Jolles, Michael; Rubinstein, Hilary L. (2011). The Palgrave Dictionary of Anglo-Jewish History. Palgrave Macmillan. p.182. ISBN 978-1-4039-3910-4.

Recommended to readers who want a story that shows they are not alone and those who need to read a story of healing. I highly recommend the “Indo Pacific Coral Finder”. I field tested it this summer in Palawan. It is very accurate and does a great job of covering the major genera and some dominant species. Every dive operation in the Indo-Pacific should have at least one (I could hardly keep it away from the resort staff), and it will help alleviate the ‘overwhelmed head-aches’ experienced by many Caribbean researchers when they first visit these high-diversity areas." Triggers: Suicidal Depression, Anxiety, Synesthesia (idk if that's a trigger or not tbch), Survivor's Guilt, Cutting, Suicide, unwanted advances (Note: although these are all thoroughly explored, the author conveyed them in such a way that it isn't disgraced nor encouraged. It is skillfully taken on, and I believe it is a good read for people that are in a safe spot in their own mental health journeys to see them from other's povs)I am so torn. I really wanted to love this book. However, I want to give a HUGE thank you to the author. I love that she took a popular fairy tale and used it to bring awareness to mental health, depression, anxiety, and suicide. The fact that mental health is the sole focus of this book is amazing. I urge you to read the author, Sara Ella's, review for this book as she includes a full list of trigger warnings. I definitely think that is important for this one.

Listing particulars (Report). Ladbroke Group. 10 March 1999. p.47 – via Companies House. [ permanent dead link] This quite rightly carries a trigger warning as it's a very heavy subject but told in a deft intriguing way. Its surprising, profound and imaginative. Told initially from the point of view of Coral we gradually learn about Brook, Hope and those around them. There was a moment I became confused and then as I read on I realised that the characters imagination and sheer overwhelming need for peace and escape had her sinking down into a pit that she needed help escaping. Joe Coral (born Joseph Kagarlitski, 11 December 1904 – 16 December 1996 [2] [3]) began his bookmaking business in 1926 and, although primarily concerned with operating betting pitches at racecourses, together with his friend Tom Bradbury-Pratt, he ran speedway meetings at Harringay and opened a credit office in the West End of London in 1943. Barber, Bill (31 October 2016). "Coral-Ladbrokes merger completes on Tuesday". Racing Post . Retrieved 31 March 2018.

Thank you so much to the publisher, Thomas Nelson, for providing me with a copy of this to read and review.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment