276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MAGDALENE

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

LP1 also features artwork from Jesse Kanda, who has manipulated his own photographs of twigs to stunning effect. With the ever-impressive Nicolas Jaar giving a helping hand, the result is a raw, honest record that's deeply personal, full of self-reflection and, ultimately, accepting and positive. This album reminds me of first listening to Missy Elliot's "Supa Dupa Fly", at the time it was totally unique, with Timbaland's production of chopped up and staccato beats and arrangements, you could just tell it was going to be copied the world over. those of you with a few more years on the clock, will need less encouragement, knowing as you do what this marketplace is and always has been. The vinyl itself has a strange mark as if there was a bit of plastic stuck in the vinyl that the needle will get stuck on as it pokes out.

MAGDALENE is produced by FKA twigs and, as with LP1, the recording process has been directed by her at every stage. It is very much a product of the present, making plenty of use of the musical gadgets and techniques that are out there now. Change country: -Select- Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Republic Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana British Virgin Islands Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Islands Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Comoros Cook Islands Costa Rica Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) Democratic Republic of the Congo Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia Gabon Republic Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea-Bissau Haiti Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Ireland Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Namibia Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Philippines Poland Portugal Republic of Croatia Republic of the Congo Reunion Romania Rwanda Saint Helena Saint Kitts-Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines San Marino Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands South Africa Spain Sri Lanka Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican City State Vietnam Virgin Islands (U. I did not enjoy it at first, as in some tracks I thought there were too many different sounds in the mix and to my mind it was not cohesive. Born in Gloucestershire on January 16th, 1988, FKA Twigs has Jamaican and Spanish heritage which adds depth to her creative expression.

It is hard to categorize this album as a particular genre but I would recommend it to anyone who likes Grimes, Massive Attack or Portishead. Naturally the effects of the music are heightened when combined with Jesse Kanda's mind bending videos ("Water Me" especially) but late comers to the magic of Twigs will be all over this. This and The Weeknd's After Hours are two of the albums that really made me feel the same kind of emotions when listening from the first to the last track.

und auch die Frau dahinter kann man als ,,accomplished woman“, also das vielzitierte Gesamtpaket, bezeichnen, wobei das Thema ,,Imperfektion“ sich wie ein roter Faden auch durch ihre Kunst zieht und sie ihren Hörern und Zuschauern damit automatisch eine Botschaft überbringt: ,,Hey, auch bei mir ist nicht alles perfekt!Review: Given the critical reception rightly afforded to Tahliah Barnett's superb debut album as FKA Twigs, it makes perfect sense for Young Turks to rustle up a swift reissue of FKA Twigs, the four track 12" that announced her to the pop music world last year. One thing is for sure, if she can come up with the same quality that is on display here, regardless of style, I am following into it! The EP was re-released under the Young Turks label in Japan packaged with LP1 and as a standalone product in October 2016. With that kind of timeframe, you can't help but have high expectations for the finished product, expectations "Magdalene" more than meets from the off.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment