276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Murder on the Common: The Secret Story of the Murder That Shocked a Nation (Blake's True Crime Library)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Seller has stated it will dispatch the item within 1 working day upon receipt of cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab . We take pride in offering a wide selection of used books, from classics to hidden gems, ensuring there is something for every literary palate. Colin said the impact of being being falsely accused for one of the most notorious crimes of the past 50 years will stay with him for ever.

Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. These cases of undercover officers having emotional, physical relationships and children with their targets simply can’t be repeated. The decision to bring in Paul Britton was initially taken by senior officers to deal with the inundation of information from the public and the absence of forensic clues. It told it as it was, admittedly from the perspective of the DCI involved in the investigation and includes a frank and understandable account of the murder teams frustration at Justice Ognalls judgement which prevented everything being aired in open court. Keith Pedder gives some good insights into police investigative work, but he falls down on a number of counts in his efforts to justify himself in what was - after all - a failed investigation in which the police screwed up badly.The majority of pages are undamaged with some creasing or tearing, and pencil underlining of text, but this is minimal.

Exec producer] David Nath had done “The Interrogation of Tony Martin”, which I watched with my jaw on the floor, it was incredible drama. Read more about the condition Very Good: A book that has been read and does not look new, but is in excellent condition. They placed enormous weight on Britton’s judgements, probably too much in retrospect because they really believed in it and wanted justice.

Colin said: “When they arrested me and brought Lizzie into the interview room, it was like the last piece of the puzzle had finally been filled and everything made sense. When my niece’s husband found out he did say ‘he did that murder’, but as soon as people meet Colin they can see it wasn’t true and what a lovely guy he is.

A transcript of the covertly recorded pub conversation shows Mr Pedder never asked for the microfiche but was asked on several occasions by DC Blackman about his book.I knew I wanted to work with him and I’d enjoyed working with [director] Niall MacCormick about ten years ago, To be on the other side of the police interview table for once was also a thrilling prospect! In addition, Mr Pedder's solicitor had informed CIB of the contents of a taped conversation with a retired police officer verifying the allegations.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment