276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PUMA Men Voyage Nitro Gore-Tex Running Shoes

£37.495£74.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As Jacob states, I find the wet traction of the Endorphin Trail suffers a lot from the comparison with the Voyage. The Saucony would get the edge with light mud thanks to the more prominent lugs but that’s all - and I clearly lean more towards the Puma for its more versatile and efficient grip. Mike P (10.0): (non GTX). My SG4 is 1.3 oz lighter, and the weight difference is felt. Although Puma protection is good, SG4 has even more. I find the fit of the SG4 to be better than Puma’s bootie construction. Some believe the SG upper to be narrow, but for me, version 4 is plenty wide enough - I’ve run a full 100 miler in them with no issue. I feel uncomfortable beyond 1 hour in the Pumas. I don’t see any advantage in having GTX for actual running, but if you need or want it, I would go for the SG GTX.

Puma Running Voyage Nitro GTX Multi Tester Road Trail Run: Puma Running Voyage Nitro GTX Multi Tester

Jacob : have been following along with Puma’s recent excellence in the road running shoe realm (such as the Deviate Nitro Elite), but had not tried any Puma Nitro shoe myself. The Voyage Nitro GTX is a Gore-Tex waterproof high-cushion trail shoe which uses Puma’s modern, low density, high-rebound Nitro midsole foam which is cradled by a firmer material called PFlite. It is rare that the first shoe I run in from a brand is a heavy waterproof trail shoe. However, due to where I live in Maine, I have been using a Gore-Tex waterproof shoe for daily wear for the past few weeks and from this time of year (mid fall) all through winter every year. Through fall, winter, and spring, I wear a waterproof trail shoe while out of the house for walking my dog, going to the store, exploring, and other similar things to keep my feet warmer and dry. Thus the Voyage Nitro GTX came in for testing at a great time. Jeremy: The Xodus was a very pleasant surprise from Saucony - and I actually liked it more than the Endorphin Trail. The shoe runs way lighter than its actual weight, cushioning is nice, responsive and covers a wide range of paces, from easy ones to tempo, where the Puma lags behind due to its weight and a heel-loaded feeling. The upper does not include any modern bells and whistles but just works, and the traction is second to none. It won’t be as cold-protective as the Voyage GTX, of course, but save from that specific case, I find it to better match my taste.Jeremy: I must confess that it was far from love at first sight with the Voyage GTX. The turquoise colorway is quite bold, but not in a way that I like for running shoes. Jeremy: A very stable ride, well protected, and predictable thanks to the consistent cushioning, stability and tremendous grip. I really like the bootie construction, it is soft and comfortable, and if the temperatures allow it, it is a shoe I can wear all day. It is clearly more an all-day winter shoe kind of comfort than a trail runner one, but...it's comfy anyways. I often struggle with cold feet and I can clearly see this shoe becoming my go-to shoe for the coldest days of upcoming winter. Behind the rich technological content hides another feature: weight. It's 254 grams for the women's 4.5UK and 304 grams for the men's 8UK. These are great results for trail running shoes in principle, especially considering the presence of the GORE-TEX membrane, which structurally adds weight. In this class, better results can only be achieved with more expensive materials and design constraints, which in turn will affect the final price and comfort level.

Puma Voyage Nitro 2 GORE-TEX Mens Trail Running Shoes - Black Puma Voyage Nitro 2 GORE-TEX Mens Trail Running Shoes - Black

Jeremy: This is my go-to deep winter running shoe, when snow covers the trails, or when I go running at a ski area. It is more of an all-uses mountain shoe, clearly performance oriented, but not is specifically for running. The fit is really nice (actually there’s a Sense S/Lab upper inside the external cover), it rides a lot firmer than the Puma, and it gets an equally efficient traction and is maybe a bit more effective in snow thanks to its deeper lugs. Note that this behavior of the outsole became more evident after the first run, where it felt way more rigid. Though not heavy for a shoe in its class of high cushion waterproof shoes, it is heavy compared to most trail shoes - Jacob/Jeremy/Mike P /Sam Trail shoes by nature are heavier than their road-running brothers. In the case of the Voyage Nitro perhaps less so. Standing at 344 g for the size 10, it’s only slightly heavier than the UA Hovr Machina (330g) and the Puma Magnify Nitro (324g). Granted, both these are on the heavier side of the road running spectrum.

UK Delivery

Jacob : Overall I think the Puma Voyage Nitro GTX is a great shoe and I have really enjoyed wearing it for a variety of activities. I am using it as a multipurpose running, hiking, and walking shoe and it is excellent for all of those activities. The ride is stable, secure, comfortable, and protected. It runs well on a variety of terrain, including road, and has excellent traction. I have worn it every day since receiving it for testing and expect that to continue until winter. It is not the best choice for faster running as it is heavy and does not inspire speed, but for just getting out there, it is great. All are at a similar weight to the Voyage GTX but in non GTX, with the non GTX Voyage coming in an ounce lighter.. We have here a smoother more agile flow forward than those two if with a bit less forefoot cushion but more drop at 8mm for the Voyage vs. 4mm for Xodus and 6mm for TrailFly I appreciate more drop in a big shoe used on firmer terrain.

PUMA VOYAGE NITRO GORE-TEX [Review] - TECHUNTER PUMA VOYAGE NITRO GORE-TEX [Review] - TECHUNTER

The NITRO foam midsole also plays a large part in ensuring the bottom of your feet have the protection they need. The toe box is quite a bit more narrow and shallow than other trail shoes. There was a fair amount of discomfort on my toes as I descended the trail. I would steer runners away from these shoes if they live in areas with a lot of elevation. The shoe could be a toenail destroyer if you use them on the wrong trails. Being an outdoor trail shoe, you shouldn’t expect lesser quality when it comes to materials or builds. PUMA has not taken any shortcuts in this regard, with a solid, rugged shoe.Puma provides a nice chunk of curled up outsole for the toe cap to protect the front toe area, with extra plastic here around the toes on the uppers. Interesting fact: PUMA was the first sports shoe manufacturer in the 1960s to use vulcanisation and compression molding to bind the sole to the upper's structure. What it does is melt the sole material at 200 degrees, place it in a mould and then apply external pressure to fix the uppers. Prior to the discovery of this technology, shoes were usually fastened by mechanical means: nails, threads and screws. Vulcanisation made it possible to reduce the weight of the product and increase its reliability. Yes, we are at 12 oz in the GTX which adds a solid ounce to the shoe. Puma tells us the non GTX Voyage will weigh about 10.7 oz, about the same as a Speedgoat 4. Mike P: I took them out for a run - and the whole run I thought the toebox definitely was shallow. Then I noticed when flexing the toe - the bottom of the lace eyelets and the tops of the toe bumper combine to form a crease that presses down right across the top of my toes. I think the pointy shape of the toe box really pushes that crease down. It didn’t cause blisters, but it was definitely uncomfortable.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment