276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Whittard Sticky Toffee Pudding White Hot Chocolate 350g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Making ahead: Make the pudding up to 2 days ahead, keep covered in the fridge. Warm in a hot oven and serve. Place the dates in a bowl with the bicarb soda and the boiling water. Stir until the soda dissolves and leave to cool. Steps one and two can be done a day ahead. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4). Grease the sides of a 20cm (8in) diameter spring-form tin and line the base with a round disc of greaseproof paper. Freezing: Separate the pudding into individual servings and wrap each serving tightly with plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe resealable bag for up to 3 months. We call dates “nature’s candy” for a reason! They are quite sweet, so for those looking to cut that down, dried apricots are a great swap.

Whipped cream on its own is fabulous, but you can also fold the second half of the toffee mixture into whipped cream. Talk about luxurious! I think I am officially addicted to your recipes.. This is the second one I have tried in two days and I can’t tell you how awesome it is!! I took it to a get together and everyone was just raving about it!! There wasn’t a single person who didn’t ask for the recipe!! Best part was no one could tell there are dates in the pudding as one of my friends is not a big fan of them and wouldn’t have touched it if she had known the recipe calls for dates!! Make-Ahead: Do not add half of the toffee to the pan, and instead bake the cake on its own. While it is still hot, poke holes in the cake and drizzle half of the toffee over. When it is cooled, cover the pudding with plastic wrap. Store the rest of the toffee in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Freezing: This recipe freezes very well. Bake the pudding in a foil container then pour over the syrup. Allow to cool completely before wrapping well with foil. Allow to freeze for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen until warmed through then serve. Put the chopped dates, boiling water and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, stir and then leave for 10 minutes.Some puddings are prepared in Bundt cake pans, while others are in a standard baking dish. In this one, I recommend an 8-½ inch porcelain soufflé dish (this has about a 2-quart capacity); its tall sides keep the pudding crunchy and rich. A similar-sized baking dish would also work, but a porcelain option is the best in terms of the way it conducts heat and produces a crusty exterior and super moist interior. Put the dates and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and cover with the boiling water. Leave to stand. Steam the pudding in a double boiler for about 1 ½ hours. When the pudding is ready, reheat the remaining sauce. Invert the pudding onto a warm plate and pour over the sauce. Serve with Clotted cream, whipped cream or Ice cream.

Raspberry Ripple Flavour White Hot Chocolate: Sugar, Cocoa Butter (15%), Skimmed Milk Powder, Dextrose, Colour: E162 (Beetroot Red), Flavourings, Salt, Whey Powder ( Milk), Emulsifier: E450 (Diphosphates).In a standing mixer bowl, or in a large bowl (and using a hand mixer), you will beat the butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Then, you will beat in the eggs and vanilla. NOTE: Here, you may see things looking a bit clumpy – that’s normal! Pour half of the toffee mixture into the greased base of the baking dish. Place the dish in the freezer, and set the other half aside. Meanwhile, to make the sauce, melt the butter, muscovado sugar and treacle over a very low heat in a heavy-based saucepan. Once the butter’s melted, stir gently until everything else is melted too. Now stir in the cream, then turn up the heat and when it’s bubbling and hot, take it off the heat. To make the toffee sauce, put all the ingredients into a saucepan on a high heat and boil them for 4-5 mins, stirring regularly, until they are smooth.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment