276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cosmetic Butters Mystic Moments | Cupuacu Virgin Butter 100g - Pure & Natural Vegan GMO Free

£3.64£7.28Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Water was added to each of the following: cupuacu, shea butter and lanolin, with stirring, until separation was observed. Cupuacu could support 440% of its weight in water, which means that 1 kg of cupuacu butter could absorb 4.4 kg of water under stirring before any division of phases was noted. Cupuacu butter offers the capacity to attract 440% more water allowing it to function much more effectively as a skin hydrator and plumper(Esprendor, et al, 2019). Mowrah butter ( Madhuca latifolia) originates from the seeds and fruit of the Madhuca tree in India. Historically, people in India enjoyed it as a natural moisturizer and age-defying product. The fruit and seeds are ground together and cold-pressed to extract the butter. With a pale-yellow color the butter offers a faint, mild scent. So it gives formulators another nutrient dense ingredient to play with. I use it in Samba facial balm. Cupuaçu Butter benefits

Produced from the kernel of a fruit we know and love, Mango butter ( Mangifera indica) is one of skin’s best friends. Other than being delicious, Mangos share sweet benefits for all skin skin types. Mangos grow in tropical regions around the world including Central and South America, Asia, The Carribean, and more. Mango butter has a pale-yellow color and smells slightly sweet, reminiscent of the fruit. The main difference between cupuaçu butter and cocoa butter is that cocoa butter contains higher amounts of stearic acid while cupuaçu butter has a higher percentage of oleic acid which is known for its emollient properties providing an immediate soothing effect to dry skin. Bacuri butter is obtained by the cold pressing of the fruit seeds. Each fruit contains up to 4 seeds which would yield, after drying to up to 70% oil. The butter has a brown colour (which is not very pretty) with a mossy/earthy scent. Silva, Alessandra Eluan da; Silva, Luiza Helena Meller da; Pena, Rosinelson da Silva (December 2008). "Comportamento higroscópico do açaí e cupuaçu em pó"[Hygroscopic behavior of açaí and cupuaçu powders]. Ciência e Tecnologia de Alimentos (in Portuguese). 28 (4): 895–901. doi: 10.1590/S0101-20612008000400020. GiveBody offers fair-trade, organically produced, ethically sourced, natural skincare. Ultimately, every decision we make impacts our world. The products we provide positively impact people and the planet. We thoughtfully select each of our ingredients for optimal skincare results while respecting our natural world.Stearic acid (C18:0) is a saturated fatty acid used in many cosmetics and skincare products. Although it mainly supports the scent and texture of the products, it also enhances the skin’s moisture content. As mentioned Cupuacu butter is obtained from the seeds of the fruit, mainly as a by product from other industries. It is used in a variety of cosmetics products, ranging from emulsions to shampoos. The oil contains essential nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that increase the skins levels of hydration and elasticity. It is an anti-ageing oil in that helps protect the skin against UV-A and UV-B rays (Pereira et al 2015). Make sure you store the body butter in a temperature somewhat similar to the one in which it was made— it will readily melt if exposed to high temperatures, and it won’t have that lovely whippy consistency when it re-solidifies. Shelf Life & Storage

Batiston, Weliton & Maruyama, Swami & Gomes, Sandra & Visentainer, Jesui & Souza, Nilson & Matsushita, Makoto. (2013). Total phenolic content and antioxidant capacity of methanolic extracts of ten fruits. Acta Scientiarum Technology. 35. 581-585. 10.4025/actascitechnol.v35i3.18533. Storage: It should be stored in a cool dark place and has a shelf-life of up to 24 months from opening when stored properly.

Cupuaçu Contains Important Nutrients

This batch is a fairly small 30g (1.06oz), and the whipping method is matched to this batch size. If you scale up the batch you’ll need to switch to a whipping method that includes more cooling so the butter doesn’t get too warm as it’s whipped. Please read this post for more information on that: Autumn Spice Whipped Body Butter. Rich in Vitamin A, Hemp seed butter stimulates skin-cell production, making it an increasingly popular anti-aging product. Its extremely high EFA content at 76%, contains all four EFAs. It’s also high in zinc, which naturally fights acne and other skin irritations. You should always consult a healthcare provider before adding any supplements to your routine. Cosmetics I’ve been using Shea since 2004 ish, but only started playing with Cupuaçu around 2017. I use Shea butter in my face creams and Cupuaçu in the night balm. Why? I was experimenting with a solid serum type texture and Cupuaçu was recently available. There are so many fantastic raw ingredients -and it’s addictive to keep trying new ones. I’ve worked with both, and while the unrefined stuff is really neat, its smell can be… not great. I’d probably go with refined.

Hemp Seed Butter is one of the dryer butters, so it absorbs into the skin easily without feeling greasy. Those with oily skin find it a great option. It offers some natural protection against damaging UV rays, and the skin butter delivers superb moisturizing for up to 24 hours! 5 | Kokum Butter Plant-based skin butters should be odorless or have a delicate nutty sweet scent characterized by the plant they’ve been extracted from. Any strong perfumey scents from a plant butter is indicative of added fragrance or other ingredients. Additionally, pay attention to how the butter has been extracted. Raw and organic butters are always purer and better suited for skin sensitivities. Additionally, unrefined butters are filtered to remove any dirt, dust, or unwanted particles, but the integrity of the product isn’t affected.

FAQ’s

You could use a different lightweight ester ( C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Neossance® Hemisqualane, isoamyl laurate, etc.) instead of the coco caprylate, or you could replace it with a lightweight liquid oil. Storage: Store in a cool, dark, dry container, away from the sunlight. The oil should last for up to 24 months. The white pulp of the cupuaçu has an odour described as a mix of chocolate and pineapple and is frequently used in desserts, juices and sweets. [2] The juice tastes primarily like pear, banana, passion fruit, and melon. [9] [10] Chocolate made from cupuaçu, very similar to that made from cocoa, is called cupulate. [11] Cultivation [ edit ] Cupuaçu, EMBRAPA plantation near Manaus, Brazil. Four years old. There are not many warnings against using cupuacu butter; since it can clog pores it is advised that you test it on a less sensitive area than your face to see how your skin absorbs it.

Additionally, cupuaçu butter is a more effective and natural replacement for lanolin in hair care products, offering optimal moisture for your hair as well as your skin. Cupuacu butter also contains high amounts of antioxidants and phytosterols which help fight inflammation and protect skin from environmental damage. Its high fat content helps seal in moisture to rehydrate your skin, increase suppleness, and decrease signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles ( 3). Murumuru butter has a long shelf life and a higher melting point compared to coconut oil. High concentrations of lauric and myristic acid makes it an excellent butter for soap making. In addition to that, it is pre-destined for hair care because of its high lauric/myristic acid content. It’s been positively ages since I made a whipped body butter—since late 2020! This one was inspired by some gifted ingredients from Lavida Oils; their cupuaçu butter is utterly lovely and has re-ignited my long-standing love for this uniquely lovely butter. Cupuaçu butter is rich and smooth, but I don’t find it to be particularly greasy. It leaves my skin feeling soft and nourished, with a rather novel silicone-like finish. I immediately wanted to combine it with the oils from Lavida to create a beautiful tropical-inspired body butter, and that’s what we are doing today!

Whipped Cupuaçu Passionfruit Body Butter

As always, be aware that making substitutions will change the final product. While these swaps won’t break the recipe, you will get a different final product than I did. Moreover, its high antioxidant content may protect your skin from harmful compounds, such as ultraviolet (UV) radiation, environmental pollutants, and cigarette smoke ( 4).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment