276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Singles: Echoes From the Edge of Heaven (CD Singles Box Set)

£32.495£64.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The sets arrive two days after a new documentary on the group, simply titled WHAM! The film premieres worldwide on Netflix and a press release boasts the inclusion of rare footage and unseen interviews with the pair. More than 40 years after they took the U.K. - and then the world - by storm, the story of pop duo WHAM! will be told in a multi-format compilation, issued just after a new documentary set for release this summer.

Sequenced chronologically, the LP journeys through the pair’s chart reign, boasting a total of five UK No. 1 hits ( Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Freedom, Last Christmas, I’m Your Man and The Edge of Heaven), along with two US chart-toppers: Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go and Everything She Wants. Single 6: Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go b/w Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (Instrumental) (released as Epic U.K. single A4440, 1984) Wham! announce stunning singles box set Echoes from the Edge of Heaven". Smooth Radio. 27 April 2023 . Retrieved 12 July 2023. Their tenure at the top may have lasted less than five years, but George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley’s pop legacy is unparalleled. George and Andrew released eleven singles as WHAM!. Incredibly, five of them (Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Freedom, Last Christmas, I’m Your Man and The Edge Of Heaven) were British Number 1s. Meanwhile, in the United States, Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Careless Whisper and Everything She Wants were chart toppers: remarkably, all three were from the same album, Make It Big, which sold six million copies in America alone. Elsewhere, the boys topped the charts in a host of countries, including Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, Ireland, South Africa and Switzerland!

My Services

Now for the very first time, told in their own words, the amazing story of how in four years they dominated the charts around the world with timeless and classic pop songs. With unprecedented access to both George and Andrew's personal archive including remarkable and never-before-seen footage, alongside rare, candid and previously unheard interviews, WHAM! charts their incredible journey from school friends to superstars. WHAM! The Singles: Echoes From The Edge Of Heaven will be released as a deluxe 7” box set. The stylish collection includes all the singles, plus additional content.

The Singles: Echoes From The Edge Of Heaven is a new Wham! release which marks the pop band’s 40th anniversary. It collects all ten singles that Wham! released in the UK (‘Careless Whisper’, as a George Michael single is not included) and will be available across five physical formats, some of which offer B-sides and remixes. The audio has all been newly remastered from the original tapes.WHAM! toured the world. The Big Tour of 1984 and '85, comprised thirty-nine shows in support of the multi-platinum British and American Number One album - Make It Big. It took in the UK, Ireland, Japan, Australia, United States, Hong Kong and China and in the summer of 1985, their WHAMAMERICA! stadium tour played to hundreds of thousands of WHAM! fans the length and breadth of the USA. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. Wham! The Documentary is directed by Chris Smith, who headed up Netflix's acclaimed films Fyre and Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment