276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zigbee Light Sensor,Smart Brightness Sensor,Indoor/Outdoor Brightness Detector,Compatible With Alexa Google Home,Control By Smart Life/Tuya App,Zigbee Hub Required

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The only current name brand Zigbee sensor I'm aware of that includes Lux are both the indoor and outdoor Philips Hue motion sensors. If you have the Aqara hub in Mi Home, you can’t officially add it, as it’s not included in the list of devices that are compatible, and if you add it from the main menu, it will show that neither the Aqara hub or the Aqara G2 Hub Camera are compatible (see images above) Plug in the three 10K ohm resistors to separate rows of the breadboardas shown. They will form a chain with the each resistor connecting to one end of each resistor on either side. These scale the input down from 3.3 volt input to near the 2.5 volt maximum of the XBee Zigbee's ADC.

Mi Light Sensor (review) - Homekit News and Reviews Mi Light Sensor (review) - Homekit News and Reviews

I've got two of these - they paired easily but I've yet to get an actual luminance (illuminance?) level report. Aqara: The Aqara Home app can gather location data for weather, time etc. for automation purposes, and it can be restricted in device settings. Mentioned sensor was chosen between 3 other sensors - so according to ours tests this one has really good performances. Zigbee Sensors are an essential part of a smart home system, enabling you to create a home automation system that is truly automatic. Helping to make your home, smart, convenient to use and more energy efficient. And, as all Zigbee devices are wireless, all Zigbee sensors are easy to install as there is no wiring. Select Configurations, then Input and Output Settings, then confirm that DIO1/AD1/SPI_ATTNis set to Analog Input.

When the new HomeKit compatible Mi smart Gateway was released around mid-December in China, it was also accompanied by the Mi Light Sensor, which was first spotted ‘in the wild’ when beta testers for the Mi Smart Gateway, who had also been supplied with the aforementioned sensor, started posting pics of the devices on Chinese social media platforms like Weibo. Both the new gateway and the sensor soon made their way to places like GearBest, AliExpress and Banggood, making them finally available to the wider world. So today, armed with this new sensor, we’ll take a look at this device and try and find out if it’s any good, and if we can actually find a use for it! HomeKit News is not in any way afflilated or endorsed by Apple Inc. or any subsidiary companies related to Apple.

zigbee light/luminance sensor and Desperately need a basic zigbee light/luminance sensor and

You'll configure the radio using your free Device Cloud account. (Note that radios can also be configured using XCTU.) NOTE: If your radio was recently configured by the XBee ZigbeeCloud Kit then the sampling rate and pin settings are already set. You can safely skip these steps. Regardless of whether you’re signed into the Aqara app or not (HomeKit Mode), you can still add this device, and it will also appear as a device in the Aqara Home app once added. It will also be exposed to HomeKit and the Home app as normal. To access light reading data, or to create automations in the Aqara app, you will need to be signed into the app though. Once signed in, you can simply tap on the icon for the sensor, and a window will drop down halfway showing a chart for light readings in daily or weekly format. this window can be fully dragged down to make it fill the screen. They are Zigbee 3.0, but people have reported that these (like the Xiaomi Aqara sensors) can be problematic and drop off. I've not had that happen with any of mine yet, but I also use Ikea smart plugs as repeaters which seems to work well with these. Quotra wireless LED strip lights are one of the best Zigbee lights for your home. You can not only decorate the different areas of your house with ease, but you can also adjust the lighting atmosphere from wherever you are. Plus, it comes with several excellent features such as hands-free voice control and synchronize light to your game, music, and movie!In addition, as a one-stop platform for your smart luminance sensors needs, at Tuya Expo, you can get its exclusive e-commerce service - empowering you to sell globally and drive your business for expansion. I was on a newer version already (2.10.04) and so expected it would have to work than, but it didn’t. But because I saw in your screenshot, that it works somehow, I tried last beta version (2.11.02 / 14.3.2021) and with this beta it worked and my xiaomi light sensors have directly been found in Phoscon app. Do you mean the older Mi Hub or the new Mi Smart Gateway? It will work with the new Smart Gateway, but it will not work with the older Mi Hub. The light sensor is a certified Zigbee 3.0 product, and the older Mi hub can’t work with Zigbee 3.0 devices.

The best smart sensors: Zigbee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi

Zigbee is one of two most popular smart home automation protocols. One of the most popular products it powers is smart light solutions (think Hue, Xiaomi and GE) Setting up sensors with Alexa is very simple. You just need a Zigbee-enabled Echo: either the Echo 4th Gen, Echo Studio, Echo Plus, or Echo Show. Activate the sensor following the manufacturer instructions and Alexa will discover it. Then you can link the sensor to your other Alexa-compatible devices with Routines. So, instead of having to ask Alexa to turn on the lights when you enter a certain room, they’ll just turn on automatically when you walk in. This article explores different ways to use Routines. Through an automation in home assistant, when the state of the switch (ZBMINI) changes, the lights will turn on / off. I have been looking for an ambient light sensor to use with other IoT smart home devices. In my opinion this would be a commonly requested device for controlling internal lighting. For example if you had smart lighting, you may want to turn the lights off if the sun is shining brightly or turn the lights on if it's cloudy. Weather services could help, but ambient light at the location would be far more reliable.Aqara: No. Aqara devices can be used in HomeKit mode without logging into the Aqara app; this loads user data from the Apple Home app. (An Apple ID is required for HomeKit). You did specify that ideally you didn't want a hub, but I think you'll either have to compromise on that if you want IFTTT to be able to integrate with the sensor. Would it work if you rely only on Hue for the motion detection and controlling the light? If you connect the Hue motion sensor and the light to the Hue hub and then setup the logic in Hue would that give the fast reaction you are looking for? You can still do other things in HA with Hue integration. From this, you can take it that this isn’t fully waterproof but can withstand some level of ‘spray’ for at least five minutes. Whilst the battery cover may be tight enough to resist water for a certain amount of time, the weak spot would most likely be the button at the top of the device. This being the case, if you do choose to place this somewhere where at least some water can get to the device, it might be best to place it with the pairing button on the base. This isn’t the first device to use a light sensor by any means, and there are plenty of quite capable devices that include a light sensor, but none of these is dedicated to the sole task of measuring light. In terms of the competition, I’ve put this up against a mainstay device in my home – the Philips Hue Motion Sensor. The Hue is around three times the cost of the Mi Sensor, but then it has three times the services – light, motion, temperature – each of which are exposed to HomeKit. It’s also part of the Hue family and so uses Zigbee just like the Mi light Sensor, which means it’s fast. That said, the light readings only change every five minutes, unless motion is detected, so if you’re looking for regularly updated light readings that don’t rely on motion, then the Mi light sensor is a better option. Indeed, if you really have no need for motion and temperature sensors, then it really does fit the bill quite well. I did find light readings from both sensors to be impressively close, within 1 or 2 lux of each other when they did differ. With either device, you’re reliant on the relevant hub, so it does depend on which you have (if you’ve got both, so much the better).

Motion Sensor P1 - Aqara Motion Sensor P1 - Aqara

Use a traditional motion sensor, add a dry relay to not send current and connect it to a sonoff mini zigbee switch (ZBMINI)

I am a new owner of Hubitat. I only get the hub yesterday. I am a long time Smartthings user. Home automation becomes a hobby. I did get to the point where I make my own sensor. After more tests with the Philips Hue sensor, I am seeing better results by placing it in another area, the range is about 4 meters from directional way and about 2.5 from the sides, but being so directional, it does not work correctly for me in a corridor of about 6 meters. If you think the whites are too off for you or if want to connect your lights with Philips Hue Hub v2, then one good option is the SYLVANIA SMART RGBW Starter Kit . With just a compatible Zigbee hub, you can start controlling your lights in very few simple steps!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment