276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ORIENT Men's Kamasu Stainless Steel Japanese-Automatic Diving Watch

£14.995£29.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re familiar with Orient’s offerings, you probably recognize this case from the highly popular Orient Ray II, and this is because the cases of these two watches are essentially the same. Slapping it on a NATO and now a perlon strap and pulling it up just a bit higher on my wrist has eliminated the lug concerns.

In fact, this watch offers so many things that you want in a dive watch, even considering its price. It has premium materials such as a sapphire crystal and of course good water resistance. There is an endless selection of dive-watches and dive-inspired watches on the market. Like literally an endless selection in all kinds of designs, shapes, and forms. The Orient Mako III is the real deal – a dependable and sturdy daily companion that’s up for any adventure, whether it’s diving into the deep blue or just splashing around in the pool. I actually know this guy who swears by it as his go-to timepiece. This change of mind return policy is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including any rights you may have in respect of faulty items. To return faulty items see our Returning Faulty Items policy.Another great thing that we love about this watch is also the versatility that it offers. It is sporty, but not too sporty to wear for everyday wear. In fact, this is a great everyday watch that also works for more formal occasions, if you need it to. However, not just their dive watches have a massive following. The “Bambino” dress watch is another crowd favorite. It’s the go-to choice for newbie collectors and folks who want a watch that catches the eye without breaking the bank or resorting to sketchy online shops. As for the mechanical aspect of the watch, for me, it is a bit of a mixed bag. I really like the fact that there are no batteries or tiny electric motors, and that the watch runs simply on stored potential energy released carefully through mechanical advantage. It also winds itself if you wear it every day, which is very convenient. I also like the weight of it. It has a satisfying heft to it unlike many quartz watches, but I will say it’s weight does make it hard to forget that it is there. From what I know, the factory tolerances for accuracy are 15 to +25 seconds per day, but as an average taken over a period of 7 days. Personally, I wouldn’t mind if they tightened up those tolerances a bit more. However, as I often say, if you’re not timing Japanese bullet trains with it, that’s not a dealbreaker.

Moving on to the dial of the Orient Kamasu, you can find everything that we expect from a dive watch. It is presented, as mentioned, with different colors, and has applied hour markers with metal frames and a generous amount of luminescence applied to them. The hour hand is shorter and has an arrow tip. The hands also have luminescence applied to them. Thanks to this, the watch offers excellent legibility, as a dive watch should. Overall, the watch is great in most aspects, from movement, to design, to finishing, to build quality. Yes, there are some shortcomings and room for improvement such as the crown, but it wouldn’t be an affordable dive watch without them. Plus, these are small things in the grand scheme of things that, in our opinion, doesn’t make this any less of a good choice. The positives just keep on coming: nice polished/brushed case, GORGEOUS dial, framed day/date comp., applied indexes, applied logo, great lume, sapphire crystal, accurate (in my experience) in-house movement, 22mm lug width makes it a true strap monster.Orient and Seiko have a parent company in common, Epsom. This is not to say they work in partnership, but have been known to share parts or resources) ref. RA-AA0002L with a blue dial. Even though it is technologically identical to the previous model, this watch costs slightly more at 280 USD. The The Orient Kamasu is a highly popular watch from Orient for a number of different reasons. This watch has a beautiful and timeless design, great built quality and performance, and of course a high-quality, robust and durable automatic movement. In terms of design, Orient has done a good job with the steel bracelet. It looks good and blends into the overall style of the watch perfectly. However, keep in mind that this is an affordable watch and as is the case for most affordable watches, there is certainly room for improvement when it comes to the build quality of the bracelet. The bracelet is fully brushed which looks nice, however, it has hollow end links and split pins which affect the overall qualitative feel of the bracelet. It is also equipped with a pressed metal clasp. In other words, it would be nice to have screwed links, solid end links, etc, but this is what we expect from affordable watches.

There are a few common features across all Kamasu watches: a 41.8-mm case, screw-down crown, unidirectional diving bezel, and a depth rating of 200 m (20 bar, 656 ft). The dials have a beautiful sunburst pattern that appears to change color depending on how the light hits it. The bar indices boast a generous coating of luminous material, which guarantees optimal readability under all lighting conditions. While the refs. RA-AA0005B and RA-AA0006L come on rubber straps, the rest of the collection is outfitted with three-piece link stainless steel bracelets. The straps and bracelets are each 22 mm wide. Case details: 316L stainless steel, sapphire crystal, anodized aluminum bezel insert, screw-down crown The lume on the Orient Kamasu is pretty good. It’s comparable with many Seiko watches out there and glows long and bright. And here’s a neat detail: all the hour markers with lume are applied. I really dig how they did it. You can see the steel bases of the indexes, but it’s not flashy or overly blingy. It’s efficient, well-executed, and adds a touch of class to the dial. Well done, Orient! Potential for customizationIt’s quite different to the Kamasu. Even with objectively inferior specifications, there is no denying the appeal of the SKX through its long lineage of military, cultural and practical provenance. From my experience, the SKX provokes enjoyment through allowing you to revel in its legend when it sits on your wrist while the Kamasu impresses via its sharp aesthetic and contemporary watchmaking. Collecting can be as emotionally or practically driven as you choose, so it is highly likely you have a favourite of the two already. It’s Bmw vs Mercedes, Iphone vs Android, Nike vs Adidas. You have a preference that likely can’t be swayed and that is awesome. It just so happens the Kamasu is my preference with its appearance and componentry reigning supreme. When I compare it to Citizen’s entry-level automatic dive watches from the Promaster collection with their 8-series Miyota movements… Well, the Orient F6922 takes the crown without a doubt. The case…and how it feels I knew I wanted to get a dive watch because I consider it a really versatile design, and I don't mean versatility in the spirit of the Apple Watch, which I would be comfortable wearing in both casual and formalwear, but at the end of the day is a downsized phone on your wrist. Why wear an Apple Watch when you can wear a classy watch? Found this in a Tokyo dept. store on sale at an insane markdown. More than 75% off msrp and 50% below what it is usually going for online.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment