276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Wandering Warrior Existence (My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I think part of the reason this book felt less substantial is that previous books were startling in both their honesty and the scope of the issues she explored. I think of three people immediately to compare this work to: Lucy Knisley, Michael Rabagliati, and Keiler Roberts, though there are many more. This volume mostly focuses on Kabi's attempts to begin dating, or thinks about beginning to date, and for the most part doesn't mine the levels of desperation, illness, and pain of the prior volumes that gave them their gravitas and import as literature. She also talked about being molested in this volume — she kindly gave a content warning— has established other trauma/mental illness in this an her previous volumes, and talks about a lack of viewing healthy loving relationships due to her parents’ arranged marriage. Robert Morales and Kyle Baker hit home with a touching, timely and thought-provoking tale that spans decades!

My Wandering Warrior Existence | Seven Seas Entertainment

I loved how raw and honest the author is when talking about their own experiences in life, with love, relationships, or the lack of them in this case. Book Onespans John Lewis' youth in rural Alabama, his life-changing meeting with Martin Luther King, Jr. crossover anime between Overlord and The Eminence in Shadow originally announced as an April Fool's joke earlier this year? Nagata touches on her feelings surrounding relationships and partners, but the musings don't have a narrative arc, and don't seem to go anywhere. Maintaining ego as an artist is hard, especially in a world with the constant criticism or acclaim of social media available right over your shoulder.She renders the letter that some nice stranger wrote to her regarding love, and she comes to understand that years ago, when a fan who had realized she herself was a lesbian approached Kabi wishing to date her (Kabi found her nice, but didn’t feel a spark), the author may have fucked up turning her away, because if they had come to spend more time together, it may have turned into a proper, loving relationship. Feels anguished, of course, though we know she is not alone to be lonely in her thirties, or at any time. I realized, to my disappointment slash dismay, that the events depicted on this entry are precursory to her alcoholic debacle. This book, "Wandering Warrior", is a draft that I personally would never let leave the cutting room floor.

Staff Picks for February 2022 - Penguin Random House Comics

I really wish there was more heft to this title, but the end result was a lot of pages with very little to say. But at the same time, I wished she had either explored the implications of this in her life more thoroughlyand what the healing process was like (or wasn't like).Because her parents had an arranged marriage (a subject not explored at all), she doesnt seem to understand that people can learn to love each other over time? It's like listening to a friend explain all the reasons why they can't date when the truth seems to be that they don't know what they want. I think that she was in her late twenties when she finally decided to experience some close contact with another human being by hiring the services of a prostitute.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment