276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Didn't Do The Thing Today: On letting go of productivity guilt

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Wondering how other people seemed to have it all figured out, Madeleine Dore spent five years interviewing people she admired in an attempt to uncover their secrets for being more productive, successful, and prolific. There's the work thing, the catch-up thing, the laundry thing, the creative thing, the exercise thing, the family thing, the thing we don't want to do, and the thing we've been putting off, despite it being the most important thing. Some days, we may only spend an hour doing the thing, but it can take all day to set ourselves up for that one potent hour.

i'd meander through the book like you might do when hiking outdoors, letting your attention settle on whatever captures it. This has long been a topic I've felt strongly about- ask my husband how many times I've ranted about how toxic I feel this culture of busyness is- and I felt like I found a lot in here to apply to my life. The point is that if we begin by feeling the day can’t get any better than this, then we’ll likely bring a mood that proves it can.

Do you push yourself to do more and more, but somehow no matter what you accomplish, you still feel disappointed and guilty at the end of the day?

It’s perfect for people like me, who are a little too driven, slightly OCD, and have some Catholic guilt! she cares about the topic herself and spends a few years interviewing creatives to gain understanding on what works and how creatives find value in their days/weeks/years/lives. We don’t have to view every moment we don’t spend the way we expected to as a waste—we can simply appreciate the part it played in our life. in the same way, you might explore news ways of looking at how your spending your time, where you place your focus and most importantly, how you treat yourself and others. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.Rather than making us better, this “doing obsession” may leave us overwhelmed, burnt out, dissatisfied, inadequate, and alone. writing books is about offering perspective, news ways of seeing things and expanding our worldviews. It’s easily overlooked that our indecision is a decision that keeps us suspended, stuck in limbo, and sometimes opportunities pass us by. It’s a great approach for a productive day, but beginning our day with dread can make it hard to get out of bed. If you're feeling overwhelmed and like all the balls dropping no matter how you juggle, I Didn't Do the Thing Today might also resonate with you.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment