276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nike Men's Odyssey React 2 S Street Running Shoes

£39.995£79.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Odyssey React’s length is similar to the half size smaller in Ravenna, and they both are modeled for a narrow fit. (For that reason, I should have gotten the half size bigger in Ravenna.) These are very very similar shoes.

BUT, the Lunarlon foam compresses so fast that any shoe with React has an advantage toward longevity. What is Nike React foam similar to? Really it feels the most like their Lunarlon and kinda like an adidas Boost layer. Bottom line for me is that Nike React is lighter; adidas Boost has more substance to it: both offer excellent cushion and responsiveness. What really surprised me is how Odyssey’s extended internal arch provides a similar feel to Vongo’s Varus wedge midsole (higher medially). It “feels less significant” than other 10mm drop trainers, I think due to the raised, sloping arch in the shoe, which my medium arch has mixed feelings about.The wide, flat tongue and snug fit of Europa gained my favor right away. It’s very similar to Odyssey (slightly better, with the lacing loops), but this later shoe extends the boundary even more by attaching the “tongue” to the baselines. Nike Odyssey React Sole Unit The heel is plush-yet-thin (how’d they do that?) resulting in a snug, soft, lightweight fit and is also capped with a smaller than normal heel counter that nevertheless gets the job done, securing the heel. Nike Odyssey React Conclusions I don’t think the Odyssey React Shield 2 was ever marketed to be a long-run or speed work shoe, but they don’t perform as such. I think the cushion is plenty for daily running, but anything entering double-digit mileage in a single run would lead to some aching feet. The Nike React midsole offers “soft” heel cushioning and “moderate” energy return, according to RW Lab Test data. Trevor Raab All the Stats You Need! Men’s A friend in my running group fondly remembers a Nike Odyssey of old that had a completely straight last—quite different than today’s hourglass Odyssey React, which also bears no resemblance to the Air Zoom Odyssey mentioned.

There is only a slight difference in weight since the flyknit upper of the Epic React 2 is 10 grams lighter. So, that’s 239 grams for the Epic React 2 versus 249 grams for the Odyssey React Shield. Water-repellentIn my own testing of the shoe, I appreciated the React foam’s light weight and how it softened the surface below, even when running on concrete, without seeming to dissipate the energy I’d occasionally put out at tempo-level efforts. When asked about this shoe’s cushioning, one of our wear testers also stated that the React foam was great for a range of intensities, even after sustained testing. The flat neoprene “tongue” of this shoe is thin but soft and comfortable, and extends down to wrap the entire midfoot like a booty, similar in style to Epic’s knit tongue/bootie/sleeve yet more protective of the upper foot. This arch also makes Odyssey feel more like Vongo’s low drop of 4mm despite a manufacturer’s statement of 10mm.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment