276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Murder on the Safari Star (Adventures on Train)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was fun watching Hal try to work through it all. There was even a scene where his Uncle Nat helped him to reconstruct the crime to try to find answers. It was adorable. I felt that this was a little more contrived than the first two, but only in the sense that the crime feels a little engineered. Which is forgivable, as I doubt the series would work if Hal and Nat just went for a plain old train ride ;) Aside from all that, it was great to see Hal work his magic on another mystery. And also to see a friend that was less than convinced (at least at first!) by his snooping, and to see a detective who respects his skills. I became quite invested in certain characters and felt my heart-rate rising as they fell under suspicion. It was gripping until the very end. I have this book and it's brilliant. Although it is meant for younger children, it is great for older readers as well. De treinreis zelf klinkt echt prachtig en is heel beeldend geschreven. Alsof je zelf aan boord bent van de Safari Star. De prachtige illustraties, gemaakt door Elisa Paganelli, ondersteunen dit gevoel. Maar dan de dood van één van de passagiers. Dit maakt het weer eens ontzettend spannend. Samen met Alex ga je op onderzoek uit, verdenk je meerdere passagiers en misschien raadt je het plot wel. Persoonlijk vind ik deze serie zo goed geschreven, dat het mij nog geen enkele keer is gelukt om de dader te raden.

Murder on the Safari Star | BookTrust Adventures on Trains: Murder on the Safari Star | BookTrust

Zal Alex deze zaak weer weten op de lossen, of is de recherche die dit keer aan boort is, sneller dan hem?

Follow Me

En om eerlijk te zijn: dit verhaal overtuigde niet helemaal. Er zijn een paar momenten in het boek waar ik vond dat Alex te overhaast te werk ging of niet genoeg aandacht (of de verkeerde soort aandacht) besteedde aan bepaalde elementen. Volgens mij is hij slimmer dan dat. I have a station announcement: their collaboration is a chuffing triumph. Fans of Agatha Christie, or, more recently, Robin Stevens and Katherine Woodfine, should adore this mystery which makes a steam trail all of its own. - The Times Children's Book of the Week Wat hierbij nog een leuk detail is, is dat Alex ook zijn tekenkwaliteiten ontwikkeld. De tekeningen, gemaakt door Elisa Paganelli, worden in het verhaal geplaatst als zijnde dat Alex ze zelf tekent. Hij gebruikt deze tekeningen onder andere om de zaken op te lossen. In Gevaar op safari krijgt Alex voor kerst ander tekenmateriaal waar hij tijdens de treinreis mee gaat oefenen. Door alle ontwikkelingen in de spanning en in het hoofdpersonage is het boek erg prettig om te lezen. Join Hal and Uncle Nat as they plunge straight into an exciting mystery - this time while on Safari!

Murder on the Safari Star by M. G. Leonard - Pan Macmillan Murder on the Safari Star by M. G. Leonard - Pan Macmillan

A high-speed train journey worth catching . . .The best yet' - The Times on Murder on the Safari Star This is the third book in the brilliant Adventures on Trains series. Characters are developing well. The plot is clever and intriguing. Plenty of adventure and how fabulous are the illustrations? Very! These are very well researched and the collaboration oozes a love of writing, storytelling, and trains! Join Hal and Uncle Nat as they plunge straight into an exciting mystery – this time while on Safari! Harrison gets off the train at Hoedspruit (E3) and must follow these directions to find the suspect.

Hal, who was outside the room at the time, doesn't believe it was an accident, but he'll have to prove it, if anyone is going to believe him. The investigation begins. Thuli Madonsela speaks about the importance of SA's political future in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment