276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chilli Sauce Making Kit - Make Your own Hot Sauce Valentine Day Gift - Includes Chipotle, Habanero, Piri Piri, Aji Amarillo & Facing Heaven Peppers

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was all quite an entertaining way to spend an hour or so truth be known. I’ve dabbled in making Hot Sauces before, the first time it was nice but stupidly hot and the second I used way too much vinegar (waaaaaaay too much) so it wasn’t enjoyable at all. Spice mix for Mango Habanero Sauce – Chipotle spice, Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Pepper!) spice, salt, curry powder, mustard powder, sugar, garlic powder

Growing chilli plants is easy and highly rewarding. With our growing kit you have everything needed to start successfully cultivating chillies at home in time for a bumper summer harvest! This sauce making kits provides an fantastic introduction into the exciting world of fiery fruit sauce creation. It is with great pleasure therefore that we present this chilli sauce making kit. The kit includes the base ingredients and hardware required to make 3 x 140ml bottles of mild and smokey Chipotle Sauce and 3 x 140ml bottles of fiery and fruity Mango Habanero Sauce. These posts have been fun and informative. I made a tabasco pepper sauce from the non-fermenting recipe here and will be making the fermented version soon. It appears I have a dark red pepper oil starting to develop on the top of the bottle. Not sure if that is normal or not. Any thoughts? I think having the ingredients for the sauce just handed to me in a box made this a much better learning experience for if and when I want to make more sauces in the future.

Required Cookies & Technologies

Given that this is November and it’s “that time of year”, I’m in mind to think that this would make an excellent Christmas gift for someone. It is something different to give and indeed do. I’ve already said that it was convenient to have everything just “there” in one box. This kit takes all the hassle out of wondering what you’ve got in the cupboard and having to make a special trip out to the shop if you don’t have anything. It’s even got the bottles (and a funnel!) so you don’t have to worry about those either. The instructions give you just enough to do between each step so you’re never hanging around. I think the biggest wait I had was after I’d charred the Bell Peppers and Garlic you’ve to put the Peppers into a bag and wait 10 minutes before peeling. I’m not really sure why you do this and it’s not explained but I did it all the same (perhaps to make them easier to peel?). Perhaps most importantly, because it’s from an award winning hot sauce maker then you know it’s going to be good. The one I have here is the Scotch Bonnet version which is a deconstructed version of the Great Taste Award winning Spice of Fife “The Fifer’s Bonnet Hot Sauce”. The kit is also available in other degrees of heat, you can get Naga (Bhut Jolokia / Ghost), Moruga Scorpion or the infamous Carolina Reaper versions as well. I reached out to some of the hot sauce makers I know and asked them what advice they would give to would-be sauce makers looking to break into the market. Here is what they had to say.

Here is a very simple hot sauce recipe that you can use a base. It is a non-fermented recipe made Louisiana style with only chili peppers, vinegar and salt. Actually, that being said. If I had to think of a name for the sauce myself I’d probably have still been thinking about it now. It’s not as easy as you’d think.) Now that I’ve made this one I’ll definitely think about trying the other sauces at some point anyways, there is a certain satisfaction about making them! From the mild and delicious luxury of Smokey Chipotle to the fruity and fiery Mango Habanero it’s time to get Happy and Hot! Not to brag, but kits are seriously good. Each contains an obsessively tested recipe, top quality ingredients and everything is handmade by ourselves in the United Kingdom. All of our kits come with a lifetime of support from us here at Sandy Leaf Farm and your success is guaranteed. We also love designing great looking products that make perfect gifts for birthdays or Christmas.

Site Customisation

Good. Even more good is the fact that the instructions are pretty much fool proof. They don’t assume any prior knowledge of making sauces and are in plain English, something I’m a big fan of.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment