276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season One 4K UHD [Blu-ray] [Region A & B & C]

£16.66£33.32Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

screen appearances that literally span decades of Star Trek content, but the ten-episode first season plays tightly and smoothly like Star While I completely agree kmart with your view stated elsewhere that great moments and performances can’t save a plot that doesn’t land, I also feel that tentpole movies should offer something fresh. But for those of us who had seen TOS episodes many, many times, it was the rehash of the Nomad story that really bit. After so long with no new Star Trek, we were waiting to be wowed with a new story and not just with spectacle. World Building– Led by Production Designer Jonathan Lee and his team, the season’s production design utilized cutting-edge technology to create worlds prior to shoots, allowing the actors to fully immerse themselves into scenes rather than imagine the worlds around them in a green room. Through interviews with producers, cast and crew, fans will learn about the expertise involved in the development process and how the powerful technology was seamlessly integrated into the show.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season 2 | 4K Ultra HD Blu Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season 2 | 4K Ultra HD Blu

That all jives with my understanding. At a minimum, 35 mm film should give you a great conversion to 4K UHD. satisfying accuracy and realism. The various Starfleet red, yellow, and blue tops are amongst the most obvious points for color excellence, each offering Enterprise and her crew were first seen throughout the second season of Star Trek: Discovery. It sounds like a convoluted web of influence and

October 29, 2023 | Ensign Ro And Dr. Gillian Taylor To Return In ‘Deep Space Nine’ Prequel And TOS Movie Era Novels

4K Review | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season One 4K Review | Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season One

On 4k Blu-ray Disc, episodes of ‘Strange New Worlds’ are presented in 2160p with Dolby Vision HDR. The audio is offered in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 as well as French in Dolby Digital 5.1. ( What is 5.1 audio?) Subtitles are provided in English SDH and French. Both 4k Blu-ray editions follow the Blu-ray and DVD releases of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds – Season One on March 21, 2023. Where Strange New Worlds 4K UHD presentation really shines is in its visuals. The Blu-ray version of the series was stunning. The 4K UHD is quite simply perfect. Fine detail is incredible and razor sharp. The costume design, the set design and practical makeup effects all look their absolute best in ultra-HD. There’s a reason Star Trek looks so good in this format and it’s because of the care and attention the production team puts in to making the world(s) feel real and it really shows. As you’d expect from ‘Star Trek’, the series features a variety of gripping missions and plenty of development for the characters. It feels a lot closer to the original series and ‘The Next Generation’ than it does any of the other ‘Star Trek’ shows that have come along since. For those who loved the original series, you get to dig into the history of the universe and see what the Enterprise crew got up to prior to Kirk (William Shatner) taking the reins. You do get to see a younger version of Kirk played by ‘The Vampire Diaries’ star Paul Wesley during this first season too. Star Trek: The Original Series Episode "Balance of Terror" (1080p, 50:24): An episode tied to the Strange New WorldsStar Trek: Discovery was a bit of an oddity ever since premiering in 2017 in that the flagship Paramount+ series offered Dolby Vision but only in HD (1080p) resolution.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ 4K UHD review ‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ 4K UHD review

Star Trek: The Original SeriesEpisode “Balance of Terror”(1080p, 50:24): An episode tied to the Strange New Worldsepisode “A Quality of Mercy.” integrated so as to be both fan service and plot integral, and the final episode offers some fantastic twists that both recall and rewrite Star However, there is one minor irritation: whenever reviewers mention that something is, "the best new "Trek" show in years", they nearly always forget to mention that we've already had a show like that since 2017 - "The Orville." I understand a degree of these struggles. I spent a lot of time permalancing for ad agencies because it was cushy and let me get by in New York. Having to hustle for the next job is brutal when you just want to write/make things and exist without worrying too much about Life Sh*t. And then something unexpected inevitably takes you on a tangent and you never know what’s next. It’s rough and it’s interesting and it’s sometimes rewarding all at once. I and some friends organized an entire group to go. We intentionally went to the theatre in our major city that was reputed to have the best production and sound.

Cultural impact is not the same as popularity in terms of viewers. I mean, The White Lotus is currently listed as one of the most watched shows on streaming, but who will remember that in 5 years? Hemmer. It's an interesting amalgamation of new and familiar, prominent and secondary, characters who come together, here, with a striking Really looking forward to getting my hands on this disc set. The series is really good and I am optimistic that future series will go well.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (4K HDR) Rumor - Reddit Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (4K HDR) Rumor - Reddit

will literally turn heads, something that feels rare rather than commonplace today. General surround immersion is well done, too, especially in action As usual Denny C, I agree with you. Again, I think Star Trek is doing well on P+, but I don’t think any of the shows are doing massive business either. Enough to keep making more but sadly I don’t think any of them would survive on a network more than a season or two, not for what they cost anyway. As I recall, kmart part of a significant cinematic magazine, that like many, didn’t survive impact of the internet on advertising and subscriptions. the 5.1 mix offer serious aggression and plenty of discrete effects and general surround usage. Several of the discrete effects are so realistic that theyI’m going to go out on a limb and say that during my lifetime, it’s likely there’ll be some sort of Star Trek and/or Star Wars movie or television series. That’s a bold statement, but given that Star Trek is now 50+ years old, I think the odds are good that it might happen. Nevertheless, it’s “now” and we’ve got Star Trek: Strange New Worlds– a spinoff of Star Trek: Discovery and also serving as a prequel to Star Trek: The Original Series. Given that my favorite Star Trek show was The Next Generation, it’s also been a sour spot for me as no Star Trek series has come even close to comparing with that. That’s just me, of course. There have been no shortage of choices…we’ve had Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: Discovery and Picard. Suffice it to say, if you’re a Trekkie – there’s got to be a show for you. Bill Hunt of The Digital Bits has also shared a first look at the box art for the (yet to be officially announced) four TNG movies on 4K Ultra HD. Discovery is one of the most watched shows on Paramount+ this is a proven fact(and it was one of the most watched shows on Netflix when it was available on that platform) it has millions of viewers worldwide. EXPLORING NEW WORLDS — Fans will explore the storylines and characters that bring Star Trek: Strange New Worlds to life with writers, cast and crew. Also, it features many ex-"Trek" alumini, like Jonathan Frakes and Robert Duncan McNeill on directing duties, Marina Sirtis, Penny Johnson Jerald and Robert Picardo acting, and Brannon Braga producing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment