276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Systematic Theology: An Introduction To Biblical Doctrine

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In fact, the book is organized well to be used in adult Sunday School curriculum, as my church is doing. Grudem does not have the authority to grant permission to reprint material from any of his published books. But it certainly lacks no arrogance as it strides forward to grasp the Scripture and put it to the author's own use. He says that his work as an apostle is “to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth which accords with godliness” (Titus 1:1).

Systematic Theology I: Chapter Summaries - Pasadena Bible College Systematic Theology I: Chapter Summaries - Pasadena Bible College

Praise be to God, and deep thanks to Wayne Grudem, for extending the life of this work and making it even better for another generation of theological students of God's Word. He co-founded the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood and served as the general editor of the ESV Study Bible. Grudem’s meticulous organization of the chapters and his effort to discuss the essential themes thoroughly is remarkable. The Christian church has a long tradition of systematic theology, that is, of studying biblical teaching on centrally important doctrines such as the Word of God, redemption, and Jesus Christ.Updated, fuller analysis of several recent controversies within evangelicalism, including the eternal relationship between the Father and the Son in the Trinity, the question of God's atemporal eternity, the role of women in the church, "seeker-sensitive" churches, miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit, and contemporary worship music. This helps us connect our topical exploration of Scripture to evangelism, and overcome the specific barriers that an unorganized understanding of Scripture can create. Completely revised, stronger chapter on creation and evolution, including a longer critique of theistic evolution and an extensive discussion on the age of the earth. Some scholars criticize systematic theology for its internal consistency, suggesting that it conforms Scripture to fit our own ideas about the topic.

Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem | Waterstones

I appreciate how Grudem points out why a particular doctrine is important and how one’s doctrinal position has ramifications for his life and ministry. First, there is discussion of the doctrine being considered, such as justification or the Trinity or the deity of Christ. So far, I haven't come across any conclusions that I disagree with, but there have been more than a couple proof texts that the author uses (particularly in prayer, and miracles) that I believe are clearly used incorrectly and thus serve to devalue his conclusions. If you think theology is hard to understand or boring, then this new edition of Systematic Theology will change your mind. Despite my intermittent reading approach to this book, I enjoyed the simplicity of the author’s presentation.He doesn't spend time on fluff, he gets right down to the point, which I appreciate in a book this length. There are a number of factors to consider, especially when approaching a work the size and scope of Grudem’s.

Systematic Theology, Second Edition: An Introduction to

I've gladly used it as my main text in teaching theology to thousands of students whom I've had the privilege to teach at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and Southern Seminary. seeks your spiritual no less than your intellectual formation, rejoice: Wayne Grudem has written exactly what you wanted, and he has done so very competently indeed. Even if readers disagree here or there, they understand why Grudem argues as he does since he makes his case from the Scriptures. It is obvious from his index that the thinkers he is interacting with are in a small circle of modern Anglo-American evangelicals (aside from well wishes to Calvin and a few other continental reformed types from before the 18th c.

The most widely used resource of the last 25 years in its area, Systematic Theology has been thoroughly revised and expanded for the first time while retaining the features that have made it the standard in its field: clear explanations, an emphasis on each doctrine's scriptural basis, and practical applications to daily life. But formal systematic theology has several main differences from the way people usually approach these questions. If the way we answer these questions doesn’t start with a holistic approach to what the Bible has to say, we’re putting our own words in God’s mouth. Grudem doesn't just leave you hanging with his opinion, he shows you other texts where you can explore other opinions.

Systematic Theology, Second Edition - Google Books

Since this book is written by a Particular Baptist-Charismatic, it is not a Reformed systematic theology. If you largely disagree with Grudem, his arguments are sufficiently feeble that you will likely not change your mind. The Christian church has a long tradition of systematic theology, that is, studying theology and doctrine organized around fairly standard categories such as the Word of God, redemption, and Jesus Christ.

Evangelicals who see Scripture as the product of human and divine authorship must reject this kind of skepticism. It would make a good text-book for theology students, though it would need to be supplemented with more overtly Reformed reading material.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment