276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wolf Wilder

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

General Rakov made my blood boil and the way Katherine Rundell written him as a character (to make me despise him that much) was incredible. For this there are the Wolf Wilders who help these wolves to ease back into a new life while getting used to the wild and learning to be wary of humans. I was glad to find out there was no romance or relationships between Feodora and the boys (Ilya and Alexei) as I thought if the ending might've been different it would've been clichè. I really like how the author, Kathrerine Rundell, ended the story, it made me so happy for the characters, however It was quite sad but I liked that. Quite possibly one of the darker middle grades I have read, with gorgeous atmosphere and a beautiful relationship between humans and animals at its core, this is such a great read.

I could empathise with all of the characters which helped to compensate for the fact that I couldn't relate to the landscape-having only experienced snow that doesn't cover a shoe. Because of this, Feo is considered by many to be half-wild herself, with her mother and three half-domesticated wolves as her constant and only companions.for those of you with feelings - parts of this book might require kleenex, but it's not a bleak story overall. you will keep your hands off my daughter if you value their current position at the ends of your arms. Age 9-11 Set just before the Russian revolution, The Wolf Wilder tells the story of Feo a young girl living with her mother in the countryside. liked this book a lot because I could understand the words said in Russian because I can speak it and it was very interesting.

When he takes Feo’s mama, it’s up to her, her wolves, and a few new friends made along the way to stop him. Following the sudden arrest of her mother and destruction of her home, Feo travels to St Petersburg to rescue her. In her spare time, she enjoys walking on tightropes and trespassing on the rooftops of Oxford colleges!And, at the tender age of twelve, this girl and her half-tame friends would go on to lead a revolution.

In the first pages it is explained to us how some people want at all costs to have a pet as a wolf and this being, as well as wrong, very difficult, the owners decide to put them back in the wild. A good thing about The Wolf Wilder is that it gives you enough description to see the character or surroundings in a silhouette outline but it leaves it for you to imagine the rest, granted, there are a small selection books that dwell on describing things and get away with it like To Kill A Mockingbird but a lot can bore you out of your wits.The pictures accompanying the book were beautifully drawn and were not too overbearing and didn't give away too much of the book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment