276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SHORT MONOLOGUES FOR ACTING CLASSES

£8.125£16.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Monologue: It’s kind of awesome, the fog I mean, it looks like the ocean. The waves, California, I miss it but, no, that’s not it, my Dad’s still there. You see, there’s this legal term called divorce when two married people don’t love each other anymore, yeah. My mom and my stepdad, they wanted a fresh start away from him. As if, as if he was the problem, which is total bull, and things are just worse now. My stepbrother’s always been a jerk, but now he’s just, angry all the time and he can’t take it out on my mom so he takes it out on me. I don’t even know why I’m telling you this. And I say this at our meetings, and they are all very supportive, but the fire only goes down a little bit. Every day, all day. Keep It Short: In audition settings, time is often limited, and you’ll often be asked to keep it perform a one or two-minute piece. Keeping it short ensures that you can effectively convey that character and engage the people behind the desks from beginning to end. I wore it on Sundays for my gentlemen callers ! I had it on the day I met your father. I had malaria fever all that spring. The change of climate from East Tennessee to the Delta – weakened resistance I had a little temperature all the time – not enough to be serious – just enough to make me restless and giddy. Invitations poured in – parties all over the Delta! – ‘Stay in bed,’ said mother, ‘you have fever!’ – but I just wouldn’t. – I took quinine but kept on going, going ! Evenings, dances ! – Afternoons, long, long rides! Picnics. – lovely! – So lovely, that country in May. – All lacy with dogwood, literally flooded with jonquils! – That was the spring I had the craze for jonquils. Jonquils became an absolute obsession. Mother said, ‘Honey, there’s no more room for jonquils.’ And still I kept on bringing in more jonquils. Whenever, wherever I saw them, I’d say, “Stop ! Stop! I see jonquils ! I made the young men help me gather the jonquils ! It was a joke, Amanda and her jonquils ! Finally there were no more vases to hold them, every available space was filled with jonquils. No vases to hold them? All right, I’ll hold them myself – And then I – (She stops in front of the picture.) met your father ! Malaria fever and jonquils and then – this – boy…. (She switches on the rose-coloured lamp.) I hope they get here before it starts to rain.”

Because you’d be helpless, wouldn’t you? Stuffed in a box like that, I mean you’d be in there for ever. Even taking into account the fact that you’re dead, really… ask yourself, if I asked you straight off – I’m going to stuff you in this box now, would you rather be alive or dead? Naturally, you’d prefer to be alive. Life in a box is better than no life at all. I expect. You’d have a chance at least. You could lie there thinking – well, at least I’m not dead! In a minute someone’s going to bang on the lid and tell me to come out. (Banging on the floor with his fists.) The language in [this monologue] can be challenging, so it may require a dictionary nearby for the first read-through. But if you’re a headstrong, independent actor and looking for a character to showcase that, you may be the perfect witch to play her.” 5. “Romeo and Juliet”: Romeo

What makes a good one-minute monologue?

then, pitiful) Just look what it’s done to you. ( Dolores touches his face, almost affectionate). One day you will perish. I can't bear it. They're so young and beautiful. Why did they ever have to get old? Mama, I'm here. I'm grown up. I love you all, everything. - I cant look at everything hard enough. (pause, talking to her mother who does not hear her. She speaks with mounting urgency) Oh, Mama, just look at me one minute as though you really saw me. Mama, fourteen years have gone by. I'm dead. You're a grandmother, Mama. I married George Gibbs, Mama. Wally's dead, too. Mama, his appendix burst on a camping trip to North Conway.

To know it, you must walk. Bleed until it’s dark. Drown in its rivers. Then its name becomes clear. It is Hell. The SOUND OF BREATHING grows louder. It sounds… like the breathing of a child. Joyce pales. Tears rush to her eyes. Tiffany is a complex character, and this monologue from Silver Linings is an excellent testament to that and great for a dramatic audition. In this monologue, she tells Pat how her husband died. It’s emotional and exceptional when performed correctly. They hook me up to a machine and take turns running electrical currents through my stumps. Just to see which fingers twitch a little and which ones remain lifeless.

The Exam

Ah, you say that isn’t true. You say you love me, but doesn’t love mean being available to a person? Most of my life I haven’t even been able to call you, and forget visiting. A person needs shots and a state department visa just to get to you. Elizabeth: And I might as well enquire why, with so evident a design at insulting me, you chose to tell me you like me against your better judgement?! If I was uncivil then that is some excuse, but I have other reasons you know I have. Do you think anything might tempt me to accept the man who has ruined, perhaps forever, the happiness of a most beloved sister? My mother had had the same exact bathrobe – in blue. Electric blue. What are the chances of that really?

You will never find the perfect monologue, so stop trying. As you are reading through lots of monologues see which ones resonate with you. Which ones give you that little excited feeling like you want to get up on stage or in front of a camera and play that role. Here, she starts out talking to Guy, an addict in the group, but expands her confessional to include everyone, finishing up with Guy, who might be the only person who can redeem her. If you fail to beat the current, you will drown; if you get too close, you will be bitten. If you are too weak, you will be eaten. Lady Macbeth’s depravity, murderous desires, and desire to become “unsexed” drive this powerful scene. (This is often categorized as a soliloquy, but we’re counting it as a monologue since Lady Macbeth is speaking to “spirits of evil.” Who’s to say they’re any less real than the other characters?)

Search Arts On The Move:

We would lunch someplace while shopping. It would be at a café where we would have salad and like it. Nina doesn’t go to school because she moves from motel to motel with her father who happens to be a criminal.

This monologue will test you. Your focus should be on the person you’re speaking to, but as you wrestle with these thoughts, we’d like to see the inner struggle you’re experiencing, as you speak to yourself.” 2. “Those Days are Over”: Marsha I don’t think it matters. Eventually, it becomes you —that part of you that gives you a reason to wake up and breathe every day. Wait a minute, Noah. We’re not really breaking up forever, right? This is just a thing we’re having, a difference of opinion, and tomorrow it’ll be like it never happened, right? Because it still was kind of a special night for me… Each finger, my palms, my thumbs. Watching for any kind of reaction. “Did I feel that?” No. “Can I move this?” Vicious.) “Time to let the healing begin. Let’s talk about what you’re feeling. What you’re afraid of.” I don’t need to hear this sh*t from you! (Beat.)Alina’s dream is to be an actress but she is finding it difficult to gain acceptance into drama school. She won’t go speechless! Show your power in this mini monologue where Jasmine stands up to Hakim. She shows that tears can be a sign of strength.” 2. “Stargirl” (2020): Stargirl The confusion of this character is both hilarious and endearing as he tries to convince Charlotte, a girl who doesn’t know him particularly well, that they should ‘be like boyfriend and girlfriend or something.’” 6. “From Up Here” by Liz Flahive Every part of me I could find to give you. And upstairs in that room . . . with the darkness falling in on me . . . I gave everything I had to try and erase the doubt that you wasn’t the finest man in the world, and wherever you was going . . . I wanted to be there with you. ’Cause you was my husband. ’Cause that’s the only way I was gonna survive as your wife. You always talking about what you give . . . and what you don’t have to give. But you take too. You take . . . and don’t even know nobody’s giving!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment