276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Altra Torin 4.5 Plush Running Shoes - SS21

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have to begin by saying that the Torin 5 was so comfortable that I sometimes forgot that I was wearing a running shoe. The supple sidewall construction really needs no adaptation period. The wonderful aeration of the upper material and the great cushion of the sole only adds to that comfort. The wide toe box is noticeable from the first time you slip your feet into the shoes. Altra says its FootShape design lets your toes stay in a natural position, as if you weren’t wearing shoes at all. When your big toe is allowed to remain straight, it creates a more powerful toe-off, Altra says.

Altra Torin 5 Review | 2021 | Run Moore Altra Torin 5 Review | 2021 | Run Moore

There was an overlay around the toe box in the previous version that annoyingly creased. Altra softened that up and made it less pronounced around the pinky toe so there are no issues anymore. Altra achieved that soft feel with its Quantic midsole. The foam midsole is squishy beneath your feet, and it delivers a consistent softness from heel to toe, which makes transitions smooth and easy. Alright, I have to be honest. I have a soft spot for a little extra cushion in my running shoes. Don´t get me wrong, I love my slimmed down, 7oz, no-nonsense racing flats, but when it comes to pounding the pavement to get my daily miles in, I really enjoy the cushion. The Torin 5 strikes a nice balance between soft and responsive in their Altra EGO MAX sole. The latest Torin 4.5 Plush is the latest in a line of shoes designed as Altra’s everyday training shoe. A shoe designed to offer a good level of cushioning so you can put in the higher miles. The previous Torin 4 was actually available in two versions. The Torin 4 has a firmer more responsive feel and the Torin 4 Plush has a much softer, more pillow like ride to it. The Torin 4.5 Plush is an updated version of the softer variant. The upper of the Altra Torin 4.0 is predominately mesh, which allows for good breathability and comfort.

Altra Torin 4 First Impressions

Designers enhanced the comfort of the toe box with a knit upper. The knit is lightweight and pliable, so it flexes naturally with your foot as you transition from landing to takeoff. The tongue has been toned down and is a good middle ground between being overly padded or a thin nothing. The heel collar is smooth and padded perfectly. Les Altra Torin 4.5 s’adaptent vraiment bien sur des sentiers peu techniques ce qui la rend plutôt polyvalente. Personnellement mes sorties sont souvent sur chemins communaux entrecoupés de petites routes goudronnés, le juste milieu pour ce modèle très souple avec une semelle bien rembourrée. L’empeigne de la Altra Torin 4.5 Plush affiche de la maille technique douce. Cette configuration enveloppe le pied confortablement tout en offrant une ventilation appropriée au sein de la chaussure, notamment quand il fait chaud en été.

Shoe Review: Altra Torin 4.5 Plush | Fleet Feet Shoe Review: Altra Torin 4.5 Plush | Fleet Feet

I have zero complaint about the sole unit of the Altra Torin 4.0. The sole unit is comprised of a Altra’s new Quantic midsole and their FootPod outsole. The Torin 4.5 Plush really lets your foot do its thing,” one tester says. “I can wiggle my toes and don’t feel like they’re getting smushed together by the shoe. It was a little snug at the ball of my foot, but it doesn’t cause any problems when I run.” Since this is a .5 update, the midsole and outsole are the same. In this case, that’s not a bad thing. With the Torin 4 Plush, I liked the Quantic midsole. It’s super cushioned and rebounds well. The outsole (which Altra calls Footpod Technology), is covered in full-blown rubber to grip any surface and mapped to the bones and tendons in the foot to help with flex and natural movements. Topo Magnifly 3: Like Altra Topo shoes have a broad rounded toe box. The Magnifly is zero drop like the Torin 4.5 Plush. However, the ride is much firmer and more responsive. So, if you don’t like running on pillows then the Topo Magnifly 3 would be worth considering. Here is our review:There is a small amount of cushioning around the opening of the Torin 4.0. The cushioning is the perfect amount to really help hold the heel in place while wearing this shoe. Pour commencer, on trouve la technologie FootPod au niveau de la semelle extérieure de l’Altra Torin 4.5 Plush. Il s’agit d’un caoutchouc qui recouvre les points d’impact ainsi que les encoches de flexion. Ce système est censé maximiser la liberté de mouvement des tendons et des articulations pour une sensation de course plus naturelle. De plus, ce système assure une traction impressionnante sur le bitume même lorsqu’il pleut pour éviter les glissades accidentelles. This shoe has gone through many changes and iterations over the years. We had great success with the original Torin at our shop. Altra loves to play around with this model. About 3 years ago, they introduced the Torin Knit to their lineup. There was a little bit of a price difference, and the upper was different. The tread is made with a firm rubber that provides good traction and is showing no signs of wear after almost 70 miles on the road.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment