276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Rules of Everything: A complete code for success and happiness in everything that matters

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

By setting money to work, it will keep growing instead of losing value via inflation. This rule made me happy – most of my money is generating more money as we speak, I have very little in my bank account. I talked about this in my passive income guide. Rule 90 – Put something aside for your old age – no, more than that! The sections in this book are - The Rules of- Work, Management, Life, Wealth, Parenting, Love, to Break, of People, Thinking, Living Well and a shorter one on Knowing When to Break the Rules.

This book made me realise that I just want ‘just enough’ kind of wealth. I want my life to be comfortable and I want to have enough to support people I love and donate to whomever I want. Beyond that, money has no use for me, it’s not like I want a private yacht collection or whatever. I refuse to be shamed for wanting money to get this life. I covered this feeling in full in my [Personal] How it feels like to constantly obsess over money article. ElisaRiva / Pixabay Rule 14 – Don’t make money by being bad So spend it for life experiences. As long as you’re still generating profits from investments AND have multiple sources of incomes, you’ll be good. The book is laid out well, each section has an intro and then goes through the Top 10 tips with examples and at the end of each tip there is a summary, it is almost like a mantra. If you’re anything like us”— I AM NOTHING LIKE YOU —“you’ve named the children before he says hello.” This is bad, the book tells us, because men can smell your unfulfilled longing. And daydreaming can lead you to blurt out “silly things” like the dreaded M-word (marriage). “All you really have to do on the first three dates is show up, relax, and pretend you’re an actress making a cameo appearance in a movie.” Move in only if you’ve set a wedding date.” Otherwise, the man will see you do things like floss, and he might realize you are human.When a man wants to marry you, he usually gives you jewelry, not sporty or practical gifts like a toaster oven.” Truth: If my date gifted me a toaster oven, I would be forced to conclude that he didn’t know me at all, had never seen the size of my (nonexistent) apartment kitchen, and had a strange affinity for toasted foods. But! To someone, a toaster oven might be a dream gift. Let us remember that only one of the five love languages is “receiving gifts.” There are far more important things in this world than whether someone gives you jewelry.

While I did find a lot of things in this book to be useful and also a lot is common sense, there were also certain things that really jarred with me. I could see what the author was getting at but some of the things didn't feel right. But this is advice and it is up to an individual as to whether they want to take it or leave it. For me the work and life balance are important, I have a balance between the two that I am happy with, maybe it is because I am older and have had the experience of working, having children, running a house and balancing all sorts of things that at I have naturally prioritised things. Continuously make money passively in any way you can with what you have, whether through your assets (cars, houses) or plain cash This is hilarious! However, in defense of this book, I want to say that there are women for whom this book (and the more “modernized” version) is particularly useful. I am 39 and just read it this year along with a good friend of mine. We are both single and both grew up with extremely critical fathers. I will speak for myself, but I have tended to be with men who are incapable of loving me. Though, I have been aware of this for years, it is hard to do things differently when it has become so ingrained in who I am. Do what you want with your money. Give it all away. Burn it. Whatever. I’m going to try and be Switzerland about this and be super neutral. ConclusionPair this with Rule 104 – Spend your own money because no one can spend it as wisely as you. Another mental explosion. Of course I deserve to spend my own money, duh Suraya. New Rule 3 under The Rules of other people’s wealth (available in 2015 edition) – Other people’s money belongs to them The rich’s leisure time was paid for well in advance when they worked hard in the beginning. It’s not that they don’t work hard. It’s because they did. Gamechanger. Boom. Mental explosion. sheadquarters / Pixabay Rule 58 – By all means, use the investment professionals (but don’t be used by them) This is a book that is not something I would normally read, so I come to it with no expectations and previous knowledge of the author or his books. This book is a collection of the Top 10 Rules from several books that the author has written. The books cover many aspects of a person's life and how they can live it better. Here are some of the rules that made me think. Think of it as a sneak peek into the book before you buy it yourself 🙂 Rule 7 – Understand your money beliefs and where they come from Hark! A red flag. “Some therapists will think that The Rules are dishonest and manipulative,” the book warns. “They will encourage you to be open and vulnerable in your relationships, to talk things out, not to keep your feelings of love or hurt inside.” I mean, yeah. Your therapist would encourage such things because THAT IS CALLED BEING A HEALTHY PERSON. And for what it’s worth, so would I.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment