276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dangerous Lady: A gritty thriller about the toughest woman in London's criminal underworld

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If a refund or reimbursement is payable to you, we will transfer the money using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. Despite this being predominantly a crime novel, I loved the way that the family saga was wound and weaved into the story.

This special **25th anniversary hardback edition** is a must for fans old and new, and readers of Patricia Cornwell and Karin Slaughter.We mainly use Royal Mail Tracked 48 Service for goods which weight less then 2kg, all other goods will be delivered by a Courier. Wrote very well and kept my interest from start to finish, luckily had Maura’s Game ready and waiting for when I finished Dangerous Lady. This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations.

She begs her brother to let her get involved in 'The Business' and does a fine job and earns respect. The saga spans 30 years and contains all the elements of a typical mobster family: Protection rackets, sleazy Soho nightclubs, gold bullion heists, violent criminals and bloody and brutal exterminations. Once you’re hooked on Maura Ryan, be sure to read MAURA’S GAME , the second book from ‘the undisputed queen of crime writing’ ( Guardian).The police are determined to put Maura away once and for all and not everyone in the family thinks that's such a bad idea.

We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Diana Davis has been head of the family business since the death of her husband, an infamous bank robber. This was the first vehicle in which I remember seeing Jason Isaacs and his treatment of his character left a lasting impression on me. Three of Cole's novels have been adapted for the stage by the Theatre Royal, Stratford East, London: Two Women in 2010; The Graft in 2011, and Cole's first novel, Dangerous Lady in 2012. It's a tale of protection rackets, grubby London clubs, gold bullion robberies, violent characters, brutal killings and a most determined and ruthless woman who might never have turned to crime had it not been for sad chance.Just yeah, not entirely 17 anymore and although this books smells like teen spirit, it smells as well like once upon a time gorgeous mister Harold Robbins and once upon a time irresistible mister Sidney Sheldon. Anyway I have been reading the first novel by Martina Cole, 1992’s Dangerous Lady though I have previously read The Business and Betrayal but I do want to share a little story about this book. Although initially shielded from the going ons of the Ryan brothers, she enters into the family business as they attempt to rule the East End. With Maura masterminding it, they pull off an audicious gold bullion robbery and have much of the Establishment in their pockets. Maura (Maws) and Michael (Mickey) are fabulous characters along with all the other Brothers, Mum and Dad etc.

Maura, the Ryan clan's youngest and only daughter, is the last person anyone expects to take on gangland London. bestseller Martina Cole which catapulted her to fame and made her the 'undisputed queen of crime writing' ( Guardian ). A stage version of Dangerous Lady opened at the Theatre Royal Stratford East, London, [2] her third to be presented at the Royal Stratford, to positive reviews. He knew nothing of 'his' baby she was carrying and then had a horrific abortion which lead to her being hospitalized and no longer being able to have kids.

I managed to read it all the way through but gradually becoming more and more amazed at it's popularity - characters ok, story aspects ranging from poor to ok, dialogue barely ok, For me two things make a book good - do I want to read to the end and does it make me think.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment