276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO 76909 Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance & Mercedes-AMG Project One

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Born and raised in the States - never heard it before. The expression caught my eye and I was wondering if it was something I wasn’t familiar with, is a bit out of date, or maybe was written by someone not from here originally! is almost absurdly cheap. I guess they didn’t expect it to sell as well in the USA sincw F1 is traditionally less popular here, but that’s changing rapidly. The fact that this set sold out on the first day of its US sale says a lot.

LEGO 76909 Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance - Brickset

Kids and race fans can now collect and explore 2 vehicles at the forefront of race car design with this LEGO® Speed Champions Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance & Mercedes-AMG Project One (76909) building set. A collector's dream, these collectible toy cars are fun to build, great for display and perfect for exciting racing action. Easy to carry and store – The Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance model measures over 1.5 in. (4cm) high, 7.5 in. (19cm) long and 2.5 in. (7cm) wide I was wondering what you would think, Lluís, given your selection of minifigure-scale F1 cars! I agree regarding the tyres, but the minifigure is already sitting on the base of the chassis, so changing that would entail adapting the bodywork, rather than lowering the seat further. Putting innovation in pole position – LEGO® Speed Champions sets give kids and car fans the chance to explore some of the world's most innovative vehicles

Details

There are a number of changes in F1 this year including a new spec for all teams to follow when crafting their cars, as well as some driver moves – Valtteri is leaving Mercedes for Alfa Romeo, with George Russell taking his place. LEGO Speed Champions sets deliver authentic replicas of the world's most innovative and best-known vehicles. Perfect for display, the collectible models are also great for thrilling race action against other vehicles from the Speed Champions range. The building set (officially numbered LEGO 76909) has got 564 pieces, and includes interchangeable driver numbers for both Lewis (44) and Valtteri (77). BTW You used the same part I was thinking to use for the Halo central support. It is the part that is more close in shape to the real thing" Interestingly after watching me build LEGO for over a decade, my wife decided to give it a try and her preference is Speed Champions! She’s never been overly interested in cars, but has really enjoyed the builds. The complexity and size are just right for an evening. Her being a MotoGP fan may help as well!

LEGO SET 76909-1 - Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance LEGO SET 76909-1 - Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance

Interactive digital building guide – Zoom, rotate and view each model from all angles as you build with the LEGO® Building Instructions app, available for smartphones and tabletsQuality in focus – LEGO® components meet strict industry standards to ensure they’re consistent, compatible and fun to build with Additionally, the blue colour denotes full wet tyres, loosely reflecting their rough tread pattern. Completely new tyres would have been welcome though and could have proven useful in the future. The structure beneath the rear wing seems fairly bulky, but provides ample support for the apparently fragile wing, which is actually deceptively sturdy! Quality in focus – LEGO® components meet strict industry standards to ensure they're consistent, compatible and fun to build with LEGO has announced a buildable model of Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas' Mercedes Formula 1 car, which will be available to buy a few weeks before the new season starts in mid-March. LEGO® recreations of the Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance and Mercedes-AMG Project One – 2 replica models for kids and car fans with a passion for vehicles that push the limits of race car innovation

Lego Speed Champions Mercedes AMG F1 W12 E Performance Lego Speed Champions Mercedes AMG F1 W12 E Performance

Surely the practical answer (but not one Lego would do) is to take off the driver's legs and mount the torso on a 1x2 plate or 2. Tyres have presented consistent issues when developing LEGO Formula 1 cars, particularly for smaller models. This car therefore includes the standard wheels introduced during 2020, albeit with printed wheel caps originating from 75891 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Race Car. These widen the tyres somewhat and feature Pirelli branding, which looks superb. I have been looking forward to another Formula 1 car since Speed Champions' traditional scale was updated two years ago. 76909 Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance & Mercedes-AMG Project One does not disappoint, as Lewis Hamilton's car includes tremendous detail and has undoubtedly benefitted from the enlarged size, relative to previous Formula 1 cars from Speed Champions.

TOP CATEGORIES

I’m a new Formula 1 fan, so I’m stoked to see Lego return to the sport. The F1 car looks marvelous, and I’m sure is the reason most will buy this set, but the other car is no slouch either. Driver position. Don't agree that it couldn't be done better at this scale. I already did a first approach of a new design and it works. I will be getting these, as I really like Speed Champions sets, it just seems rather strange to release the 2021 car days before the 2022 cars start racing. And of course they are completely different and Bottas isn't driving for them.....Maybe they were planned to release much earlier but didnt?"

LEGO announces Mercedes F1 car set | LEGO 76909 Speed Champions

I had to do some some "internal" changes, but they don't affect the exterior, except the vertical support of the halo. I had to use another part for it, but I'm thinking right now how to improve. I already have some ideas... :D" No batteries required – The cars in this playset are powered by kids' imaginations, so there's no need for a pit stop! LEGO Speed Champions Mercedes is a theme of LEGO sets featuring Mercedes cars. These sets allow you to build models of iconic Mercedes vehicles, such as the Mercedes-AMG GT3, the Mercedes-AMG GT, and the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team. What's in the box? – All you need to build a LEGO® recreation of the Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance and AMG Project One, plus 2 driver minifigures, each with a racing helmet, wig and wrench

Our servers are getting hit pretty hard right now. To continue shopping, enter the characters as they are shown it just seems rather strange to release the 2021 car days before the 2022 cars start racing. And of course they are completely different and Bottas isn't driving for them.....Maybe they were planned to release much earlier but didnt?"

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment