276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sky's End (Above the Black)

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I did not think I would like this novel based on how much I cannot stand YA drivel. "Gee I am 10-16 yo and know everything about anything and even adults follow me as a leader blah blah". Purest bullshjt genre ever invented by greedy publishers. As a result, vets "face the prospect of being asked to put to sleep healthy dogs whose behaviour poses no risk", the RSPCA said. EDIT (10/20/23): Guess what?! You can read the first 8 chapters of Sky's End. For FREE! https://issuu.com/holidayhousebks/doc... Everything about this book put me off as a reader. Everything. There is so much wrong with the writing here, not the actual words, but the construction of the plot, pacing, and characterization. The company is fighting to retain its roughly 9 million UK customers in the face of competition from streaming services such as Netflix and Disney+, which offer the premium dramas that the satellite broadcaster used to have to itself. Sky currently has an exclusive deal to show HBO shows, such as Game of Thrones, in the UK, bu this deal runs out in 2025 – at which point HBO is expected to fold them into its own streaming products.

One of the problems that has affected internet delivery of live television channels is the lag, or delay, on broadcasts. Although this does not matter for entertainment shows, this is a problem for sports content if viewers hear their neighbours celebrating a goal before it appears on their screen. Sky said the current lag is about 30 seconds but its technology teams are working to reduce this. If this came out when I was younger, it definitely would've been up there with my other YA favorites—like Collins' "The Hunger Games" or Marie Lu's "Legend"—in middle school. I would definitely recommend this book to all fantasy lovers, especially if you love a good underdog story. Conrad is a great protagonist to follow, and this first book promises an epic continuation of this series. I'm super excited for the next book, and I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for it. The Thell ‘eon horde is an interesting dynamic. Where things may make perfect sense to them, that isn’t always the case for someone not familiar. Additionally, we see them all making some adjustments to help Cassiel fit in. I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with these guys…mostly because of the way they treated Cassiel at times. I liked seeing the change in Or’ic just after the Candidacy and definitely appreciate what he did at the end of the book for Cassiel. I will be interested to see what happens next for the horde as well as between Cassiel and Or’ic considering how the rest of the story progressed.

New in Series

This story was well paced but I did feel it lost some of its momentum towards the end. It did end on a high note though and I cannot wait to see where this story will go. I only hope it involves more Or’ic. I was a little hesitant to read this book because it did remind me of that one Science-Fiction-Novel-About-Aliens-But-Not-Really-About-Aliens-That-I-Enjoy-So-Much but I liked the fact that Young didn’t make it exactly the same as the SFNAABNRAATIESM, since there were some difference that didn’t end up grinding my gears as much.

First comment: I hate the title. This book is much too bad-ass for such a lame-ass title. Seriously. "Sky's End" sounds too sappy. Sky’s End is the first book in the Cassiel Winters series and takes you on a ride that includes, intergalactic warfare, good looking aliens, and a bit of mystery.Plummet into a kill-or-be-killed competition where a scrappy underdog hell-bent on revenge must claw his way to the top in this thrilling YA fantasy debut There was a lot of… different vocabulary in this story. Everything was original, but it also made it difficult to keep up with. That's one reason why I've found it so hard to fall in love with science-fiction and fantasy novels--not because they are bad, but because they are so detailed and literally out of this world. I could've used a glossary, and an explanation of the characters. Besides that, some grammatical issues, and sloppy sentence structure I found within the text, I really enjoyed this story. I will most definitely be reading the next book. I look forward to seeing what comes next in Cassiel's life. There is so much that could be done with this story, I cannot wait to read where the author takes it! This book really surprised me because I hated the beginning. It didn't catch me off the bat, the writing felt weird, and the naming structure for the world... high, medium, low? It felt like everything was a place holder.

There was almost always a lot going on. But, even if there wasn't, Cassiel's voice, her narration, was so provocative, it was beyond entertaining. I loved her take-no-bullshit attitude about everything. She was a very, very well-written, believable, and personable character.I'm sorry, I suppose this was meant as romantic? It just made me start laughing uncontrollably. As did: Private renters are younger than those in other tenures. In 2020 to 2021, those aged 16 to 34 accounted for 43.5% of private renters in England, with 25 to 34-year-olds the most common age group of private renters at 31%. I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review and opinion. Thank you NetGalley and author Marc Gregson for the opportunity to read this debut novel. Some die during the gauntlet to win the chance to have their own skyship and crew. Not only is the competition dangerous, but his peers are blood thirsty to become Captain of the ship and rise in title and wealth. Some will do most anything to get there. Especially one particular person who is from a family that has bad blood between them and Conrad's for centuries.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment