276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18 mm F4.0-5.6 Lens, Wide Angle Zoom, Suitable for All MFT Cameras (Olympus OM-D & PEN Models, Panasonic G-Series), Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This single lens is reason enough to get into m4/3! It makes the EPL1 really shine in IQ, AF and portability. On the epl/2 it shines equally. Buy this lens! Waiting for the OMD5 to try this gem. Downrated the construction quality by one point. Only for the wobbly feeling, no IQ effects. Waiting for the mkII, because I really like what Olympus did with the 14-150 mkII ! Vignetting can only be seen at the fastest aperture on the Leica (f/2.8) whereas the Olympus doesn’t display any visible falloff. Just like distortion and chromatic aberration, vignetting is easily fixable in post production. Flare The biggest selling point of the M.Zuiko 9-18mm over its main competitor, the Lumix G 7-14mm, is probably the size and weight advantage the former has over the latter. Thanks to its clever collapsing mechanism that Olympus introduced with the first M.Zuiko 14-42mm kit lens, the M.Zuiko 9-18mm has a length of only 5 cm (2 in) when not in use, compared to the 7-14mm’s 8.3 cm (3.3 in). The M.Zuiko also weighs only half as much as the Lumix G. This makes it a pleasure to use, as it’s small and light and doesn’t get in the way. In its extended state, however, the size advantage is lost altogether. There are a few too many M.Zuiko lenses to cram into a single guide, and they cater for a multitude of purposes and user types, so we've split our guide into four sections: This is the third M.Zuiko series lens we have tested, the first being Olympus' diminutive 17mm prime. The M.Zuiko lens series is designed specifically for Olympus' PEN series of digital interchangeable lens bodies.

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f4-5.6 Lens - Wex Photo Video

https://olympus-summer-special.sales-promotions.com/customer-apply-for-promotion/?country_promotion=2&lng=enDo you use the lens often in 5 years? Such as use the lens for 50K shots? and zoom in and out a lot, etc. after a few days, my olympus 9-18 gave me this error message trying to focus on the longer focal range. It started by giving me this error on 15-18 range, then after a week also for 14mm and now it gives it to me right away... This is the final part in the series reviewing the Olympus 7-14 and the 9-18. In Part 1 we reviewed the 9-18mm. In Part 2 we reviewed the 7-14. Now we look at these two lenses compared to each other. Is the (relatively) larger, faster, more expensive lens the better choice to the small, lightweight, lens? Let’s see. 7-14 vs 9-18

Olympus Wide Angle Zooms 9-18 vs 7-14 Review Part 3 Olympus Wide Angle Zooms 9-18 vs 7-14 Review Part 3

Thanks to a collapsible barrel similar to that of the 14-42mm kit lens, the Olympus M.ZUIKO 9-18mm is extremely small for an ultra-wideangle zoom. Cons: Collapsing design is annoying, build quality is just okay, relatively slow on the long end, the 7-14mm lenses are noticeablywider. London, 13 May 2008 – In yet another expansion to the rapidly growing E-System lens line-up, Olympus unveils the ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 (18-36mm) * extreme wide angle lens. This affordable complement to the ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 18-180mm 1:3.5-6.3 (36-360mm) * enables stunningly original perspectives with an extra-wide field of view. And at just 280g, it weighs in at significantly less than those of the competition. The Four Thirds-based ZUIKO DIGITALFocusing through filters is a little easier with f/2.8 aperture vs f/4. With a 10 stop ND it is sometimes difficult to frame/reframe the shot and focus with a filter in place. Yes, I can unscrew or slide the filters out of the way each time but that is another chance to drop or scratch a filter or twist the lens/camera out of position.

Olympus 9-18, Good or bad? - Digital Photography Review Olympus 9-18, Good or bad? - Digital Photography Review

Get the latest photography news straight to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter. Newsletter Signup This mirrors how I usually set my wide angle scenes. I typically use hyperfocal distance, or focus on something midway through the scene, set to F/7.1 and use a self timer. Note close corner focus would be different if I focused closer, or if I used a deeper F-stop. Again, I shot these how I typically work, so that’s what we see.Multi shot takes several images to get hi res. Not one. Do a lens doesn’t need to resolve anything . It's not surprising to see a fairly high level of distortion in this wide angle lens, though the distortion is consistently barrel-shaped and easily correctable in post-processing software. At the widest setting (9mm) the lens shows a full 1% distortion in the corners. However, the lens is optimized nicely, and by 18mm there is very little distortion to speak of at all. The Olympus 9-18mm M.Zuiko doesn't offer much for macro work: just 0.1x magnification, and a minimum close-focusing range of 25cm (around 9 inches). At 9mm, this lens is capable of producing images with excellent resolution at moderate apertures. Wide open, the lens performs acceptably, but stopping down to f/8 produces images with excellent centre sharpness. Unfortunately the resolution towards the edge of the frame never exceeds good on our scale, and it just reaches this level at f/8. We test lenses using a mix of both real world sample images and lab tests. Our lab tests are carried out scientifically in controlled conditions using the Imatest testing suite, which consists of custom charts and analysis software that measures resolution in line widths/picture height, a measurement widely used in lens and camera testing. We find the combination of lab and real-word testing works best, as each reveals different qualities and characteristics.

The best Olympus lenses (OM System) in 2023 | Digital Camera The best Olympus lenses (OM System) in 2023 | Digital Camera

However, while you can fit Panasonic lenses on OM System bodies without any obvious issues, Panasonic's lens stabilization doesn't always play nicely with OM's in-body stabilization, and you get better results from switching off the lens O.I.S. The lens barrel is almost entirely constructed from lightweight plastic, with the only metal part being the mount. Despite the lightweight construction, the build is more than acceptable, striking a good balance between keeping the weight down and durability. The fit and finish is good, although this is certainly not a professional grade optic. The 9-18mm's only direct competitor in the Four Thirds system is the Sigma 10-20mm 1:4-5.6 EX DC HSM, which at the time of writing is rather cheaper and features ultrasonic-type focusing, but loses at the wide end where every millimetre of focal length counts (9mm offers an extra 5 degrees angle of view over 10mm). The Sigma will be subject of a future review; for now let's see how the 9-18mm fares in our tests. Use of the Panasonic L10 as Four Thirds test body An excellent little lens with a useful range for many interests. No doubt it could replace the 7-14 PRO for many but I may not be one of them - choosing instead to use both a bit differently. Het beeld van die golvende, dichte mist staat nog op mijn netvlies. Twee foto’s in een van onze fotoboeken getuigen […]

Your flexible credit options available

Its sharp enough, don't compare with Panny at pixel level specially at corners and you are fine. Little PhotoShop RAW adjustment and there you go. I found it shapest at f5.6 and 9mm.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment