276°
Posted 20 hours ago

62cc Petrol Chainsaw - 20” Bar & 2 x Chains + More

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s lightweight, ergonomically designed and comes with a three-year warranty – making it a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable chainsaw. It costs a bit more than other petrol chainsaws in this list but it comes with a 3 year warranty and is made to last, so the investment would be worth it if you want power and reliability – I actually really like the petrol lawn mowers I’ve tested in their range too. For my money the Worx 40cm electric chainsaw is without a doubt the worth it’s place in the best chainsaw review and especially the electric chainsaw market, as far as using in the home garden is concerned. It’s absolutely ideal for a part-time users and requires absolutely no maintenance at all as well as being very safe for DIY’ers. Please note though, always read the safety instructions before use. They also have a lovely bit of kit called the Worx Cordless Pressure Washer which may be of use to you too. First, let’s talk about power and performance. Despite having a smaller engine (55.5cc) than the 62cc Parker brand chainsaw, the quality of the Husqvarna motor is far superior and thus produces the same kind of horsepower at around 3.5HP.

These features are designed to help you and make it easier to use a chainsaw but don’t completely rely on them. You still have to be sensible, have a bit of common knowledge and use a chainsaw safely and correctly. Protective WearIs there any other chainsaw that you consider worthy of our list? Any specific product you want us to review?

Price is a difficult one – you can get a cheap petrol chainsaw like the Petrol Chainsaw Chain for the same money as the OREGON Electric Chainsaw. Obviously petrol is higher quality but is it more useable? I would personally rather be making the cut with the Oregon – it can take an absolute beating and therefore in my mind the cheaper of the two. Oregon really can work hard for the money: Oregon electric chainsaws can really work hard for the money I started by using the chainsaw on some smaller branches and it whizzed through them in no time, so I then moved on to the larger trunks. Its 20” bar gives it the capability to cut through trunks that are roughly 40” in diameter if you do a cut on each side, so I was able to slice through even the largest of the mature trees that had toppled during Storm Arwen. This powerful chainsaw is perfect for both amateur and professional use and comes with a range of features that will make your woodcutting experience easier and safer. While we invest a great deal of time designing tools that are robust and made to a high standard, like all machines, at times they do fail and we like to make things straight forward and easy for you to understand. If you asked me to name some negatives I’d really be struggling. The biggest issue for me of course is always carrying around the power lead with me. Carrying the cable extension lead becomes cumbersome and difficult. Especially if there’s prolonged use. But then, as we’ve already discussed, if you’ve got a lot of work to do then you are probably going to be better off with a petrol chainsaw. The electric chainsaw isn’t designed to be used all day. It’s designed for a little bit of cutting here and there.It doesn’t matter what you need a chainsaw for, it’s one of the most unique and diverse items that will save huge amounts of time in the garden. There’s nothing like trying to chop through a log that takes at least 5 minutes with a hand saw, but just 10 seconds flat with a sharp chainsaw! A chainsaw should be strong, reliable, easy to use, and most of all safe. It doesn’t really matter if you’re looking for an electric chainsaw, petrol chainsaw, or cordless chainsaw, we are certain to have reviewed them to save you time and effort based on the criteria that makes the best chainsaws. Noise levels are about what you’d expect with a low-cost petrol chainsaw- loud, but certainly no louder than most of its competitors, and you should always be wearing ear protectors when using these tools anyway. Vibration isn’t bothersome either and I think the heavy-duty plastics used on the body have something to do with this. In our final spot is a slightly more compact cordless chainsaw, which costs lower end and is by a relatively unknown brand, is still a powerful enough saw and has a blade length of 30cm! I was fairly surprised by this and so I had to try it out, and whilst it doesn’t have the power capability of the Ryobi, its still good quality and performs well enough to cut wood efficiently and with power.

It only costs sub one hundred which may not be miles cheaper than other petrol chainsaws, but it’s still very good for what you get. You get a 52cc, 20-inch blade chainsaw which includes spare chains, a cover tool kit and other free supplements included in that price which make it even more of a bargain. Don’t be fooled by its cheaper nature too, as the quality is still there and it really did perform well (Not as powerful as the previous two options, but still impressive for 52cc!).

Let’s get cutting!

It features an efficient 2 stroke, air cooled engine housed in an ergonomic, comfortable and lightweight construction. Made to be easy to work with assemble and maintain our Parker 62cc 20” Petrol Chainsaw comes complete with a comprehensive user guide and film resources as you would expect, as well as the genuine support of our aftercare team based in Louth, Lincolnshire. This chainsaw only weighs 3kg, and also has special ergonomic features such as a double handle and handle covers to make using it easier. The blade is 25cm, which whilst relatively small, provides a lot of balanced power into the wood being cut. Lots of battery powered chainsaws tend to have smaller blades anyway (20-30cm as opposed to 40cm in petrol and corded chainsaws), so this isn’t actually too bad. The 18v included battery really does deliver the power you need, and I found that this chainsaw performed fantastically and was really efficient with its cutting and operation. For the mid-range petrol chainsaw I’m going to look at the best value for money. To me, it makes sense that we find the best value somewhere in the middle almost always. The best value petrol chainsaw doesn’t have to be cheap either, but in the interest of trying to keep this balance with a low, medium, and high end petrol chainsaw, I’m going to try and find one that’s pretty sensibly priced down the middle. Here at ParkerBrand we listen to our customers – amazing how many places don’t isn’t it? So, when plenty of people started asking for a chainsaw that had more power and scope than the nippy top handled PCS-2600 but didn’t want the larger ParkerBrand PCS-6200 that is capable of some seriously heavy work we put the design bods to task with your needs as the brief. Ta da! The ParkerBrand PCS-4500 came out of the workshop - after a lot of tea and the boss’s biscuits went in!

First things first, this corded chainsaw is cheaper primarily because its only 2000w compared to the higher power chainsaws of 2400w. It’s only 400w but it makes a difference in terms of power, and whilst this chainsaw performed excellently, it’s not for you if you’re after the utmost power there is, which is expected really (if its power you want, look at options above).

SHIPPING SUMMARY

No matter how well-designed or powerful a chainsaw may be, this doesn’t mean anything unless that chainsaw is also easy and convenient to use. Fortunately, this ParkerBrand chainsaw couldn’t have been more comfortable to handle, even for long periods of time. First up in our battery powered chainsaw list is what I consider to be the best battery powered option, and whilst I favour corded or petrol options, it doesn’t mean there aren’t some great battery powered chainsaws out there. So, I had a good look and tried a few myself, and its clear that this is the best option there is. So, why’s that? Overall I couldn’t really fault it, it’s a great, lightweight saw which puts itself in the top spot for battery powered chainsaws just nicely. The price is justified alongside this, which gives it that good value aspect as well as good performance which reassures me that this is the best overall option. A powerful, reliable engine, easy to manoeuvre despite its larger size, and some nice safety features. So, why isn’t BU-KO’s product top of our list? Well, there are few things that I had to score it down for. Firstly Parker and Hyundai petrol chainsaws have been around longer, it’s direct competitors. If this keeps performing and on my next tests, if this chainsaw is still a thing, I will rank it higher for sure. My biggest gripe is getting the thing going, you need to be careful it doesn’t flood and being a bigger engine, it makes more noise than the Hyundai in practical use terms when you put them side by side.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment