276°
Posted 20 hours ago

StarTech.com PCI Express to PCI Adapter Card - PCIe to PCI Converter Adapter with Low Profile / Half-Height Bracket (PEX1PCI1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You also want to make sure to not suffocate the GPU that will likely be placed above an M.2 PCIe Adapter. GPUs struggling with airflow will become too hot and perform worse. Drivers This PCIe to NVMe adapter comes with 64 GBps bandwidth for consistent data transfer speed. AMPCOM uses a multi-layered PCBA to manufacture the add-on card that ensures protection from over or under voltage and current. The adapter only supports M Key NVMe cards but extends its compatibility to support a wide variety of SSDs from most reputed brands. Our Take The adapter comes with thermal pads and offers two ways of fixing the M.2 SSD to the heatsink by rubber bands and metal clamps. The partial list of compatible SSDs with this adapter includes Samsung 950 Pro/ 960 Evo/ PM951/ PM961/ SM951/ SM961/970 EVO /970 PRO and other M.2 SSDs with PCI-E (M-KEY) Interface Type and Intel Optane SSD 800P Series, Intel SSD 760p Series, Intel SSD 660p Series, Intel SSD 600p Series. The adapter provides PCI-E 3.0 X4 full-speed support, and your SSD will run at its full rated speed. So, if you are looking for a low-price M.2 PCIe Adapter that offers wider M-Key SSD support and comes with a heatsink and other mounting accessories, then grab this one. The only con about this adapter is that you won’t use it in low-profile computer cases. GLOTRENDS M.2 PCI-E Adapter Specifications They do and they work. I bought a simple slim one that adds about 1" height to the MB PCI slot (Tekit Desktop PCI-E1X TO PCI expansion card available at Newegg.com) and use it for my extremely old but necessary PCI modem that supports nextalk TTY software for the deaf. That older modem is the only one that will work with the software in windows 7 & up (not tested in Windows 10). Fortunately I have 3 of the older modems and taking care to keep them operating normally for over 15 years now. Now I can upgrade to newer motherboards that rarely have PCI ports (considering upgrading to newer GIGABYTE GA-X170-EXTREME ECC (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel C236) to that I can take advantage of NVMe M.2 ports, etc. This means you can use your NVMe 3.0 SSD on a PCIe 4.0 lane, or you can use an NVMe 4.0 SSD on a PCIe 3.0 lane (albeit with slower transfer speeds).

PCI to USB converter/adaptor [SOLVED] Possible to get a PCI to USB converter/adaptor

M.2 SSDs come in different form factors, ranging from the 2230 form factor (30 mm or 1.18” in length) to the 22110 (110 mm or 4.33”). Well after a little digging around (which I guess i should have done first) the truth of the matter is, yes, there actually are. There are little cards that you can slip into the PCI-e x1 slot to convert it to a PCI slot. Why would anyone want to do this you ask? well, many companies still make products intended for PCI slots, not PCI-e. It was the graphics card companies that lead the rush twords PCI-e (and for some very valid reasons). For those that do opt for it, do make sure that the required room in your case exists. Is Your SSD Compatible With the Adapter? Instead, it will be downgraded to only utilizing eight lanes. Will the M.2 PCIe Adapter Fit In Your Case?

Zen 2 and Zen 3 Ryzen CPUs come with an identical amount of PCIe lanes (24); though four go toward the chipset. This is useful for those who wish to add additional GPUs to their build, or to add a PCIe slot on a smaller form-factor motherboard; which typically only has one. Benefits of Using an M.2 PCIe Adapter The adapter is compatible with NVMe SSDs of varying lengths but only supports M Key cards. It works with all available operating systems and has good read and write speeds depending on the generation of the PCIe x16 bus slot you would connect to. Our Take

PCIe Adapters (For Mounting and Speeding Up Your M 5 Best M.2 PCIe Adapters (For Mounting and Speeding Up Your M

Read and write speeds of the GLOTRENDS PCIe to SSD card are pretty high, with the adapter offering a whopping 64GBbps bandwidth while data transfer on version 4.0 slots.

10 Comments

Though mostly outweighed by its merits, the M.2 PCIe adapter is not without its inherent disadvantages. Let’s take a look at the most common complaints when it comes to the application of this peripheral. It Occupies PCIe Slots & Lanes That Are Limited & might obstruct other components CERRXIAN PCIe to SSD adapter is compatible with 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280, and 22110 length cards and supports speeds up to 32 Gbps for M.2 M Key SSDs and 6 GBps for SATA cards. It does not need any driver to work and comes with a status LED. The PCIe adapter connects to x4, x8, and x16 slots. Our Take Firstly, you want to make sure that there is enough room between the second PCIe slot and the GPU to allow for the M.2 PCIe adapter. This is especially the case if you plan to have heatsinks for the SSDs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment