276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Valiant FIR551 Portable Folding Picnic and Camping BBQ - Black

£24.995£49.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For safe and effective cooking, the charcoal burner is heavy duty and long lasting. This compact BBQ is also low maintenance and designed to stand the test of time, as it is rust free and easy to keep clean throughout plenty of al fresco grilling. Features and Benefits The BBQ-Torro is a heavy duty, cast iron barbecue grill that feels so solid, it’d probably survive world war 3, let alone a few hard summer’s worth of grilling. The makers have kindly put it through a treatment process prior to selling too, so you can use this to cook on as soon as it’s set up. The best thing about many of these portable BBQs is that they’re incredibly easy to assemble. Most only take around five to ten minutes to set up, though that doesn’t include getting the charcoal going. The Valiant Portable Folding BBQ is a portable charcoal barbeque. Perfect for a romantic picnic in the park or an alfresco afternoon with friends. Enjoy an authentic BBQ experience wherever you are and barbeque comfortably for 4-6 people. If you are looking for the perfect gift for an aspiring BBQ chef or grill master, you found it!

Portable charcoal barbecues tend to be cheaper than gas ones, and charcoal produces a higher heat too. Although you don’t get variable heat control at the twist if a knob like with portable gas barbecues, with a little bit of practice you can develop the skills to have different parts of the grill with different heats, allowing you to sear your steaks on one part and then leave them to cook slowly through on the cooler parts. Controlling the heat like this also gives me a better sense of achievement, but that might not be for everyone. Types of compact portable charcoal bbq So after spending a couple of minutes watching this video, here’s my hands on take of this. The big deal is the handle having a decent guard from the heat. All too often have I stung myself with these kettle handles, I even have a pair of bbq gloves partly because of this problem – just as you’d expect from a Weber bqq, the heat is massively reduced by this guard. One thing to consider is the same problem with all cast iron products, and that is that they are prone to rusting if left out in the rain too often, but with this being portable, and having a good sized handle to get a grip off, you should have no problems whisking it to a dry spot until the rain subsides. Yes, it is a little bit heavy at 12kg but any able-bodied adult can easily lift it. Not many budget bbq’s will put up with this much use, not when you compare the pricing anyway, it’s just robust steel plate, that’s all there is to it and the griddle holds up pretty well as you can see.

The best portable BBQs to buy

Personally, I like to go for the long lasting option but there are merits to a disposable bbq – you simply don’t need to lug it around with you. Just finish your bbq, pour on water, and then dispose once its completely. Always pay super attention to safety when disposing of a bbq. Follow the gov.uk guidelines at all times for bbq in public areas such as parks.

The legs have rubber feet on the ends to give you a little more traction and there is a support bar halfway up the leg to aid in stabilising the unit. This is a good thing because, while I wouldn’t say the legs are flimsy, they do seem a little thin when you think about the size of the grill they support so I’d recommend only using this on a flat surface or maybe doing something to add more support to the legs if not. This Hibachi style grill looks wonderful and somehow seems to look traditional, rustic, and slightly modern all at the same time. The curved sides and oval shaped grill giving it a nice overall aesthetic that is pleasing to the eye. Convenient– The generous cooking area allows you to easily cater for up to six people, so you are always ready to feast. Ideal for BBQs , campfires and outdoor adventures, this tool combines tongs, knife, spatula, fork and most importantly, a wine and beer bottle opener in one. In addition, you can stow it away in a convenient carry pouch provided. A great thing about this portable charcoal barbecue I found is that it can be easily cleaned in a dishwasher or sink once you’ve emptied out the coal – given the size it slots into the lower compartment of my dishwasher no problems at all. It’s a very convenient feature.

Latest articles

Best portable charcoal bbq overall: Weber 1321004 Compact Charcoal BBQ or the smaller version of this if you need wheels or the Weber 1121004 Smokey Joe Premium if you don’t. The Valiant Portable Folding BBQ makes the perfect addition to beach days, camping trips, and impromptu outdoor get togethers. Compact in design, with a lightweight structure, folding capability and carry handle, this portable barbecue is easy to carry with you whilst you are on the move. The generous cooking area offers plenty of room to cook up a tasty feast for you and your friends to enjoy, whilst the robust grill withstands high temperatures. There is a solution to this problem though, and that is a portable charcoal barbecue or a portable gas barbecue, but for the sake of simplicity, we’ll just talk about the charcoal variants here today. Automatic Air Vents (AAVs) are used to vent trapped air from the boiler, the buffer tank or pipework. Over time, the valve seal inside can start to leak due to mineral deposits, and the valve will start to leak a small amount of water. If this is the case our engineer will advise replacement. Door Seals

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment