276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lying About Last Summer

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book was a really quick read which got more intriguing and gripping as the story went on as the beginning was difficult to understand but then as i got more into the story i couldn't stop reading it. You may think that this piece has all the ingredients of your typical young adult thriller novel, however I personally feel that it is more a story of courage.

Danielle who was the other room mate i just found snobby along with Joe who was annoying and a horrible character who i felt was up t something all the time! Sometimes you need a story that's nothing stressfull or complicated or demanding; something light, relaxing and interesting and engrossing. Não achei que fosse bem um thriller mas sim um livro que nos mostra como a dor de uma morte pode ser ultrapassada e os caminhos que são percorridos para que esta seja ultrapassada. The tension and the emotion are balanced superbly throughout the novel, particularly through Skye's strained relationships with her group at the bereavement camp.Straight from the offset the writing draws you into the setting and you can quite easily imagine a hot summers days lounging by a glistening blue pool. Young Adult book was set in a mental ward that the main character's dad owned, and she lived there with her parents.

Skye emerges as a good heroine, it is full of teenage characters who all have their own personal stories to tell. With a bit more refinement and a stronger setting, it would have been better, but still an enjoyable read. Overall, I'm left feeling a bit let down, the basis of the book sounded so good, but yeah, it's kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. This makes me sad because I really did get into it and enjoyed the first portion, I wanted more from it and it unfortunately didn't deliver. It wasn't as twisty as I was expecting, as I had guessed a few of the things that came out towards the end, but it was still a stellar, enjoyable read.All of the kids at the summer camp have lost someone close, but the last thing Sky wants to do is think about the past. Paralysed by shock and crippled with fear, Skye hears her sister’s final moments but has kept this detail to herself and is tormented by guilt about failing to protect her sister. Guilt stemming from her belief that she did not do anything when she could have saved her sister Luisa, if only she had not remained frozen on the spot and unable to move watching the events unfolding in front of her. I liked the choice of setting too, a bereavement camp for grieving teens allowing to put several teens in one place making each one a possible suspect.

Quando cometemos um erro temos de aprender com ele e quando somos confrontados com uma situação similar temos a oportunidade de não o repetir. Shame that the ending wasn’t as great but it sounds like the author did a really good job of exploring these themes and adapting them to a younger audience. Sue Wallman is a former magazine journalist who now combines writing with being a secondary school librarian. Every aspect of daily life is monitored for optimal health, and there are strict rules for everyone.Her parents think sending Skye to a holiday camp for beggared teens will help her move on with her life. This impressive characterisation coupled with the powerful writing (that is reminiscent in many ways of a John Green novel) might lead you to assume this is a story that focuses on internal character development.

Having read and enjoyed Sue Wallman's other two YA novels earlier in the year, I always expected to like this one. Sue Wallman z delikatnością porusza temat żałoby, a jednocześnie całość zgłębia w taki sposób, by nie odstraszyć młodego czytelnika. The mystery isn't very complicated but it was enough to make my heart skip just a little bit in fear. And as someone who has gone through grief/is going through grief (depending on how you look at me/it), it's refreshing to see a book that looks at grief and shows that every person goes through this very differently.One year later she is sent to a week-long 'bereavement camp' for teens who have lost someone close to them. Skye has plenty of attitude but also an emotional depth and maturity beyond the much more familiar teenage angst. When Skye starts receiving text messages from someone pretending to be her dead sister, she knows it's time to confront the past. Clued-up Skye tells herself that messages via the internet are simply generated by a real-life person typing a message and someone is playing a nasty game, yet part of her also wants to believe in the miracle that these messages could really be from Luisa. Skye’s sister died last year in a tragic accident, so this summer Skye’s parents think that a camp for troubled teenagers might help her process her grief.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment