276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Daily Reflections: A Book of Reflections by A.A. Members for A.A. Members

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We trust that we already know what our several freedoms truly are; that no future generation of AAs will ever feel compelled to limit them. Our AA freedoms create the soil in which genuine love can grow. . . . AA Thought for the Day(courtesy AA-Alive.net)August 27, 2023~ Scroll Down for Share ~AcceptanceAcceptance is the key to my relationship with God today. I never just sit and do nothing while waiting for Him to tell me what to do. Rather, I do whatever is in front of me to be done, and I leave the results up to Him; however it turns out, that’s God’s will for me. I must keep my magic magnifying mind on my acceptance and off my expectations, for my serenity is directly proportional to my level of acceptance.- Alcoholics An Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point. We asked His protection and care with complete abandon. Like all the reflections, the passage is intended to trigger members to meditate on the passages’ meaning to them and their lives. The response to the selection is meant to be an exercise in introspection. A person explores how alcohol has negatively affected their lives while also exploring how they can move past their mistakes to become a better person. How Are AA Daily Reflections Used in Recovery?

Daily Reflections | Alcoholics Anonymous Daily Reflections | Alcoholics Anonymous

AA Thought for the Day(courtesy aa-alive.net)October 31, 2023"Justifiable" AngerIt is a spiritual axiom that every time we are disturbed, no matter what the cause, there is something wrong with us. If somebody hurts us and we are sore, we are in the wrong also. But are there no exceptions to this rule? What about "justifiable" anger? . . . We have found that justified anger ought to be left to those better qualified to handle it.- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, (Step Ten) p. 90Thought to Ponder Faith is the messenger that bears your prayers to God. Prayer can be like incense, rising ever higher and higher. The prayer of faith is the prayer of trust that feels the presence of God which it rises to meet. It can be sure of some response from God. We can say a prayer of thanks to God every day for His grace, which has kept us on the right way and allowed us to start living the good life. So we should pray to God with faith and trust and gratitude. AA Thought for the Day(courtesy AA-Alive.net)October 8, 2023~ Scroll Down for Share ~FaithIt works—it really does. We alcoholics are undisciplined. So we let God discipline us in the simple way we have just outlined. But this is not all. There is action and more action. "Faith without works is dead."- Alcoholics Anonymous, (Into Action) p. 88Thought to PonderIf faith without works is dead; then willingness without action is fantasy.AA-related 'Alconym'F A I T H = For All I Trust Him.A Member Shares The AA daily reflections quotes are meant to act as a companion to those in recovery. AA thoughts for the day can provide daily affirmations to avoid negative feelings that can trigger self-destructive behavior. AA reflections are essential because they can offer support outside of the regular structure of AA meetings.AA Thought for the Day(courtesy aa-alive.net)September 2, 2023Avoiding an InventoryWe also clutch at another wonderful excuse for avoiding an inventory. Our present anxieties and troubles, we cry, are caused by the behavior of other people—people who really need a moral inventory. We firmly believe that if only they’d treat us better, we’d be all right. Therefore we think our indignation is justified and reasonable—that our resentments are the “right kind.” We aren’t the guilty ones. They are!- Twelve Steps and Twelve T

Just for Today Meditation Just for Today Meditation

But these precious friends did far more than supply me with their professional skills. I learned that I could go to them with any problem whatever. Their wisdom and their integrity were mine for the asking.AA Thought for the Day(courtesy aa-alive.net)August 12, 2023Dear Readers, I put the wrong reference in yesterday's Daily Thought. Itshould have read that it was from Alcoholics Anonymous, (Into Action, p. 85). I'll be more vigilant in making sure thereference is correct in the future. Keenly RealizedBy this time, at Step Ten, we had begun to get a basis for daily living, and we keenly realized that we would need to continue taking personal inventory, and that when we were in the wrong we ou

A.A. Daily Reflection • May 1 — ODAATW | One Day At A Time World A.A. Daily Reflection • May 1 — ODAATW | One Day At A Time World

AA Thought for the Day(courtesy aa-alive.net)September 1, 2023The First DrinkOnce more: The alcoholic at certain times has no effective mental defense against the first drink. Except in a few rare cases, neither he nor any other human being can provide such a defense. His defense must come from a Higher Power.- Alcoholics Anonymous, (More About Alcoholism) p. 43Thought to Ponder . . .The ultimate defense against the first drink is a spiritual one.AA-related 'Alconym'F A I T H = Found Always In Trusting Him. AA Thought for the Day(courtesy aa-alive.net)September 19, 2023A Way Of LifeA.A. is not a plan for recovery that can be finished and done with. It is a way of life, and the challenge contained in its principles is great enough to keep any human being striving for as long as he lives. We do not, cannot, outgrow this plan.- Alcoholics Anonymous, (The Keys Of The Kingdom) p. 275Thought to Ponder . . .AA is not for people who need it, it's not even for people who want it; it's for people who will work it.AA-related 'AlconymAA Thought for the Day(courtesy aa-alive.net)August 1, 2023The ParadoxSuch is the paradox of AA regeneration: strength arising out of complete defeat and weakness, the loss of one's old life as a condition for finding a new one. But we of AA do not have to understand this paradox, we have only to be grateful for it.- Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, p. 46Thought to Ponder . . .Paradox: We surrender to win; we give away to keep; we suffer to get well; we die to live.AA-related 'Alconym'T H I N K = Thank He AA Thought for the Day(courtesy aa-alive.net)October 11, 2023A Continuous LookBut when we approach Step Ten we commence to put our A.A. way of living to practical use, day by day, in fair weather or foul. Then comes the acid test: can we stay sober, keep in emotional balance, and live to good purpose under all conditions? A continuous look at our assets and liabilities, and a real desire to learn and grow by this means, are necessities for us.- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, (Step Ten) p. 88Thought to Ponder . . .I Addiction Resource does not offer medical diagnosis, treatment, or advice. Only trained and licensed medical professionals can provide such services. If you or anyone you know is undergoing a severe health crisis, call a doctor or 911 immediately. I have hope. That magic thing that I had lost or misplaced. The future looks dark no more. I do not even look at it, except when necessary to make plans. I try to let the future take care of itself. The future will be made up of todays and todays, stretching out as short as now and as long as eternity. Hope is justified by many right nows, by the rightness of the present. Nothing can happen to me that God does not will for me. I can hope for the best, as long as I have what I have and it is good. Have I hope?

Daily Thought Daily Thought

AA Thought for the Day(courtesy aa-alive.net)August 5, 2023Willing to BelieveCircumstances made him willing to believe. He humbly offered himself to his Maker—then he knew. Even so has God restored us all to our right minds. To this man, the revelation was sudden. Some of us grow into it more slowly. But He has come to all who have honestly sought Him. When we drew near to Him He disclosed Himself to us!- Alcoholics Anonymous, (We Agnostics) p. 57Thought to Ponder . . .Hold your face up to the Light, even though for the The AA-Alive Daily Thought is sent by request at no cost to those in recovery from alcoholism, and highlights AA Conference-approved literature along with shares and thoughts from actual AA members similar to life shares in the AA Grapevine.The central fact of our lives today is the absolute certainty that our Creator has entered into our hearts and lives in a way which is indeed miraculous. He has commenced to accomplish those things for us which we could never do by ourselves. AA Thought for the Day(courtesy aa-alive.net)September 5, 2023Quality or QuantityTo clergymen, doctors, friends, and families, the alcoholic who means well and tries hard is a heartbreaking riddle. To most A.A.'s, he is not. There are too many of us who have been just like him, and have found the riddle's answer. This answer has to do with the quality of faith rather than its quantity. This has been our blind spot.- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, (Step Two) p. 32Thought to Ponder . . .Faith is mighty. Action with f

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment