276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Upgraded AIYIMA T9 Bluetooth 5.0 6K4 Vacuum Tube Amplifier 2.0 Channel TPA3221 USB DAC 100Wx2 Stereo Receiver Amp COAX/OPT HiFi Home Audio Digital Amplifiers with VU Meter

£59.995£119.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I am encountering issues when I hook two different examples of a T9 pro up to a Sony CDP-CX355 carousel CD player via the Optical connector. When I got this AIYIMA T9 PRO 200W Bluetooth Amplifier, and saw how small it is, I thought, "No Way." However, "way". I am using it to drive Fluance Reference High Performance 2-Way Bookshelf and Surround Sound Speakers, and this seems to be an excellent match. The system has to be loud enough for me to hear the music when I practice jazz drums. I have been playing for many years, and, like many jazz drummers, I pride myself on not having to play loud. Nevertheless, the system has to be pretty darn loud. It seems that the amp delivers enough power even when the input is not excessively high. If i set my music playing software so that the amp's vu meter gets into the red a lot, The system delivers more than enough decibels for me to practice, and without much distortion. No need to drive the vu into the red for ordinary listening, and then the music sounds great with no noticeable distortion. So far, the only time I have ran into an issue with the Aiyima T9pro handling the Optical input is on the Sony Carosels. If they removed the internal DAC they would lose Coax and Bluetooth options.

Editor's Note 2/2/23:Readers may be interested in this Video of the Making of Aiyima T9 Pro. It shows in detail how an Aiyima product is made. The medium-grey matte finish is flawless, and the manufacturing quality excellent considering the modest asking price.Because the BT antenna is mounted at a right angle and cannot be swung out, it's imperative that you mount the antenna first, before plugging in any other connections. Please read my reply to the other reader above. Set your crossover around 100 Hz and maybe go downwards slowly to see what you like. It changes what you perceive even if your main loudspeakers haven't changed at all. The Gain Structure Most devices don't give out spec's on the sound output, or at least I have no idea what they are on my 2 laptops. Add to this that the Apps have their own Volumes (and EQ), and it's kind of complicated. You should always experiment with the Device Volume, App Volume and the Volume Control(s) of your equipment. This is why in Round 2 I'd not entirely attribute what I heard to the difference between the Revox and Aiyima. There are too many Gain Controls that one should be cautious. This is akin to some older preamps or integrated amps that have separate Gain and Volume Controls (ARC and MFA come to mind), and many experienced audiophile swear by using both. I assure you, for any final volume, the sonic difference between 1) maxing out the source and attenuating the amp; and 2) maxing out the amp and attenuating the source; is HUGE and beyond pale! Sonic advantages can be had by paying attention to these parameters. In Part I, I am not doing that.

Here's the list of TOS optical outputs I have so far. Xbox 360, ASUS z690 Apex Maximus, TCL Roku Television 2 Sony CD carosels, Android TV with HDMI and Optical output.Convenient and works fine, iPhone sees it as "BT HIFI AUDIO". I tried 6-8 meters connection, worked fine. HiFi clear sound with tone control: resonable circuit and concise wiring, adopts vacuum tubes to soften the sound and filter out the digital feelings, sounds warm and sweet without noise. Also with treble and bass knobs to adjust one's own preferable sound styles, presents HiFi music with rousing highs and deep lows. Finally, I used all of the original features provided by the T9, meaning I used the internal Bluetooth connection and did not bother running the T9 through any external DACs, etc. The only external connection was using my Vincent PHO-8 phono preamp which was required given the T9 does not have an internal phono stage available. Strong output power and low frequency output: each channel can output 160W(4Ω), match perfectly and easily to drive all 3-8Ω passive speakers, adds a low frequency output easy to connect active speakers and build 2.1 channel system, the bass effects is greatly enhanced.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment