276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Guinness Draught│Nitrosurge│Stout Beer│Perfect Pub Pour At Home│Ready for Rugby│Cans Sold Separately│Device Only

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Domage: Unfair test due to insufficient glass. Did not pass peer review. Guinness Nitrosurge verdict Designed by our Guinness innovators, designers, and taste experts, NitroSurge brings the iconic two-part pour to everyone, everywhere, every time. Yep, that’s Guinness alright. The bubbles flow from the bottom of the glass and rise upwards like a creamy cloud. It settles beautifully, taking just over a minute to complete its first phase. It’s a little bubbly, but that might be down to my pouring. Would it stand up in an average pub? So far, I think so. Pour two The vital question here is: Does the Nitrosurge make canned Guinness easier to pour and of better quality? We are happy to continue testing, but after several pints, it’s a resounding yes from us. Guinness is a pint best served with love, care and patience, and while it only costs a few quid, the Nitrosurge harnesses the classic pouring technique and micro-vibrations to shuffle out all the gas for a result that’s incredibly moreish. Do you really need one to enjoy a tinny on your own sofa? Probably not, but this is one of those nerdy gadgets catering to beer enthusiasts looking to squeeze every ounce of quality from their beer at home. We’re sure it will be a prime candidate for Father’s Day gifting over the years to come.

The Nitrosurge is not the first Guinness-based innovation for home supping. It was Guinness, after all, who patented the widget, a ping pong ball-like device that still comes in cans of Guinness today. We’ve also seen the ‘Surger’, a beer mat-style contraption that used ultrasound waves to activate the foam head. In the box, you get a device, a USB cable, a nozzle and a small brush for deep cleaning, and the lifespan of a device really depends on how well you look after it. Simple to use, Guinness NitroSurge cans and the NitroSurge Device puts the craft of Draught in your hands Take control of the iconic Guinnness surge and settle and craft yourself a perfectly doomed pint from the comfort of you own home - or wherever you enjoy GuinnessThe 0.0 pours smooth, with a milky colour before settling into a very dark ruby tone. It fully settles in just a few seconds, but the foam is noticeably more honeycombed than the Guinness Original. Rather than a smooth crust there are large bubbles in the foam, but the Nitrosurge does give it an extra pep compared to a standard pour. Pour two

Designed by our Guinness innovators, designers, and taste experts, NitroSurge brings the iconic two-part pour to everyone, everywhere, every time. Take control of the iconic Guinnness surge and settle and craft yourself a perfectly doomed pint from the comfort of you own home – or wherever you enjoy Guinness NitroSurge is a complete, portable pouring experience that uses innovative ultrasonic technology so you can enjoy a beautifully smooth Guinness wherever you are Little changes to the 0.0 on the second pour. The 0.0 only comes in 440ml, and thus scuppers my once airtight Guinness rating system. It looks a little sad and lonely in my glass, like a child dressed in an oversized suit at a family wedding. There is no wind beneath its wings. It is incomplete. Still, it tastes good so I’m happy. The second pour is arguably the make or break point for a pint of Guinness. Pour one leaves some room for human error, but an overzealous pour can result in a gigantic head and a wet, beer soaked hand. Naturally, though, I nail it. My talents are wasted here. I should be in Dublin. But I’m not. I’m in my kitchen analysing beer foam with a tape measure. NitroSurge is a complete, portable pouring experience that uses innovative ultrasonic technology so you can enjoy a beautifully smooth Guinness wherever you are Domage: Very impressive. Few people would turn this away if handed it in a regular pub, I think. At first, I thought the Nitrosurge may be something of a fad gadget for anoraks, but I’m happy to be proven wrong. 0.0

Perfection isn’t cheap

Guinness are very clear that Nitrosurge cans and Nitrosurge cans only must be used to achieve the desired result. With that in mind, it’s fair to take this test with a pinch of salt. Still, in the name of science, let’s press ahead. Pour one The NITROSURGE™ Device is your complete pouring experience, using innovative technology to put you in control of the iconic Guinness™ two-part pour. Working exclusively with Guinness™ NITROSURGE™ cans, it delivers the satisfyingly smooth Guinness you enjoy, at home. It’s decorated with the golden Guinness harp at the top, and is marked with branding around the circumference. It feels sturdy, and is weighty enough to reassure it’s well made. To prepare it for the pour, the instructions tell me, I must attach a nozzle, rinse the device through before use and clip it to the top of the can. It’s so easy even an 18 year old baby could do it.

Guinness have married technology and innovation to create something special. Guinness NitroSurge is your complete pouring experience. Delivers the satisfyingly smooth Guinness you enjoy, at home.

Guinness Nitrosurge Verdict

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment