Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Bundle product with option

A forum for Magento users to discuss tips, issues etc with regards to actually using the Magento front and back end systems.

Bundle product with option

Postby bombicri » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:26 pm

I need next functionality:
I have a bundle product named “fiber optic pigtail”.
This product is a bundle of two simple products
1) optical connector
2) optical cable
Of course during configuration of the bundle product is possible to chose, for both simple products, the one you need.
The price of the bundle product is dynamic.

My problem is next:
The optical connectors can be manufactured in three quality levels; standard, super and ultra.
Every optical connector has to have three prices, corresponding to the three quality levels.
I should like to have an option of the bundle product, named “quality level” with three values, “ standard”, “super” and “ultra”.
When one of the three quality level is selected, the price of the connector, used to build the bundle price, to be that one corresponding to the selected quality level.

Example:
1) connector SC
- standard quality - 1,00 EUR
- super quality - 2,00 EUR
- ultra quality - 3,00 EUR
2) optical cable - 0,50 EUR
Let’s say that we select “super quality”. In this case the price of the bundle product must be 2,00+0,50=2,5 EUR
Let’s say that we select “standard quality”. In this case the price of the bundle product must be 1,00+0,5=1,50 EUR

You can see this product, without the needed option, here:
http://ingenium.2hh.org/passive/passive ... de-sm.html
In this product I did not add yet the second simple product named “optical cable”, it will be added after solving this problem.
A simple approach would be to have instead of:

LC/UPC Connector, Single Mode (SM), Simplex (SX), pigtail

next:

LC/UPC Connector, Single Mode (SM), Simplex (SX), pigtail - standard quality
LC/UPC Connector, Single Mode (SM), Simplex (SX), pigtail - super quality
LC/UPC Connector, Single Mode (SM), Simplex (SX), pigtail - ultra quality

but in this situation instead of 8 types of connectors (see my link from above) will be 24, difficult to chose, difficult to follow, easy to make mistakes in selection.

Did anybody has any idea how can I achieve the above functionality?

PS
I am on CE 1.7.0.1

Thanks,
bombicri
bombicri

Re: Bundle product with option

Postby edmondscommerce » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi bombicri,

I think the solution is to create a bundled option that has the label "Connector quality:" then have the three different products in that one option. The price should come through correctly after that.
edmondscommerce

Postby bombicri » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:59 pm

I tried to make a bundle product with dynamic price and with custom option. This is not permitted as long as I need dynamic price.
If I just create a new option named "Quality" do not help me, the list of available connectors will not be updated (I mean that the customer will see the same list of connectors whatever quality level would select) after selection of quality level.
To better understand my need look to:

http://ingenium.2hh.org/passive/passive ... sm-sx.html

The product named "optical patchcord" is built from a piece of optical cable with two connectors, one at each end.
Every connector you see in the above link must have three quality levels.
I should like to have something like dependent options. The visitor would have to select in first step the quality level. The selection of quality level would update the connectors list with connectors with selected quality level.
The nest steps would be to select the first connector, the second connector, the optical cable.

So my problem remain unsolved for the moment.
bombicri

Postby Alexmorco » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 am

I was having same issue while creating bundle products in my Magento 2 store, https://www.cloudways.com/blog/magento- ... -products/ , This guide will help you to fix all the issues.
Alexmorco

Return to Magento Users