276°
Posted 20 hours ago

When the Adults Change, Everything Changes: Seismic shifts in school behaviour

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But why crush behaviours with punishment when you can grow them with love? Visible consistency with visible kindness allows exceptional behaviour to flourish.” Your students might claim that they prefer to lead lives of wild and crazy chaos. In reality, it is your routines, and your relentless repetition of them, that makes the students feel safe enough to learn.” His book When The Adults Change, Everything Changes published in 2017 by Crown House has sold more than 150,000 copies. The follow-up After the Adults Change was released last year..

Suitable for all head teachers, school leaders, teachers, NQTs and classroom assistants - in any phase or context, including SEND and alternative provision settings - who are looking to upgrade their own classroom management or school behaviour plan.

When the adults change, everything changes: Seismic shifts in school behaviour by Paul Dix

developing a whole school ethos built on kindness, empathy and understanding. Suitable for all head teachers, school leaders, teachers, NQTs and classroom assistants in any phase or context, including SEND and alternative provision settings who are looking to upgrade their own classroom management or school behaviour plan. When the Adults Change Everything Changes was a silver winner 2017 Foreword INDIES Awards in the Education category. Training with our Behaviour Change course will allow you to develop the skills you need for relational practice. Do you remember yesterday/ last week when you helped me tidy up/led the group/gave me that excellent homework? Remember mum’s face when she got the note? That is the person I know, that is the Chelsea I need to see today.’ This is the key to the scripted response.”

scripted interventions and approaches which have been tried and tested in a range of contexts, from the most challenging urban comprehensives to the most privileged international schools, behaviour training expert and When the Adults Change director Paul Dix advocates an inclusive approach that is practical, transformative and rippling with respect for staff and learners. An approach in which behavioural expectations and boundaries are exemplified by people, not by a thousand rules that nobody can recall.

TESTIMONIALS

what are the visible consistencies in your setting? What could they be? Are they embedded with love or punishment?” arrived at the school expecting to be greeted by the head, or perhaps his PA or maybe a deputy, but on signing in I was presented with two learners, aged 12 and 15. They explained that they would be conducting the tour and proceeded to lead the best tour of a school I have ever had.” Positive postcards for when children go beyond expectations and coins to celebrate children’s behaviour and learning. Let me suggest five pillars of practice that should underpin every behaviour policy in every school: Consistent, calm, adult behaviour. First attention for best conduct. Relentless routines. Scripting difficult interventions. Restorative follow-up.”

The advertising of poor behaviour doesn’t help, but routinely advertising the behaviour that you do want does.” This book is a must-read for every school leader. If you want to create an inclusive school where children s behaviour is not only managed, but is changed as well, you should not miss out on reading this book. --Sue Cowley, teacher and education author In addition to working directly with schools, Paul has advised the Department for Education on the teachers standards, given evidence to the Education Select Committee and done extensive work with the Ministry of Justice on behaviour and restraint in youth custody. He has published five books on behaviour and assessment, in addition to over 250 articles on behaviour. Paul won a national training award in 2009 for his work in helping a school transform from failing to good in just nine months. He also chairs the board of directors of a multi-academy trust which comprises 11 special schools a role he undertakes voluntarily and leads the #BanTheBooths campaign (www.banthebooths.co.uk). I found myself nodding so much in agreement at Paul Dix’s notion of “deliberate botheredness” that I almost gave myself whiplash. It is not enough for you to know that you care; you have to show it. Even when faced by silence, blank faces, or eye-rolls, we need to go out of our way to show our young people that we care about them and their success and wellbeing. Reminding children of their good behaviour in the middle of dealing with their poor behaviour takes practice”

WELCOME TO THE

Whilst great observation gives us the detail we need, being intuitively insightful allows us to connect the dots in the most efficient and effective fashion. Intuitive insightfulness comes, not just from being a teacher and leader but from years of experience in shifting policy to irresistible practice. Our coaches understand the nuances of school policy. They shift mindsets but also do the systems thinking that sustain change. I’ve been a teacher for 22 years and I never have any problems with any students. By being kind, calm, patient, caring and understanding I always win over even the most hard to reach students.

Narrated by Paul Dix himself, this audiobook is suitable for teachers and school leaders - in any setting - who are looking to upgrade their approach to school behaviour. In this abridged audiobook version of his best-selling title, Paul Dix talks you through the book’s hugely influential behavior management approach - an approach whereby expectations and boundaries are exemplified by people, not by a thousand rules that nobody can recall. The testing, watch out for and nuggets sections have been removed for this audiobook, but the indispensable advice on how to involve all staff in developing a whole school ethos built on kindness, empathy, and understanding remains. Suitable for teachers and school leaders - in any setting - who are looking to upgrade their approach to school behavior. This 29 slide presentation introduces staff to restorative practice and highlights the impact it can have on behaviour and culture. The presentations takes core themes from ‘When Adults Change Everything Changes’ by Paul Dix and ‘Getting the Buggers to Behave’ by Sue Cowley. The focus of the presentation is to ensure staff understand how restorative practice can improve relationships and empower them to deal with behaviour more effectively.

Subscribe

The course focuses on the core components of change management from strategic planning through to practical implementation, system upgrades and internal communications. Remind and refresh all adults on the agreement on visible consistencies regularly at staff briefings or in discussion with support staff. Keep the main thing as the main thing.” Please also visit my TES Assembly Store where over 100 assemblies are available on a huge range of topics. We thought we would highlight the wonderful rainbow recognition system from St John Plessington Catholic College. We love this

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment