276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Born of the Desert: With the S.A.S. in North Africa (Greenhill Military Paperback)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Desert Death Song: A wanted man has a posse of 200 men after him, but he has holed up in a deadly maze of canyons. Death Song of the Sombrero - Stretch Magoon 6'5" reckons if rustler "ain't dead, he'll be some sore when he wakes up an' finds all that dirt in his face" p236, sees how Sombrero brand superimposes on Lucky S cattle he guards. Even though the place is forlorn and dangerous, his beautiful description makes me want to walk in it.

There were at least two cliff dwellings in the area and a ghost mining town of some dozen ramshackle structures, tumbled in and wind worried.

He is experienced enough to know that removing the gold at the base will almost certainly eventually cause the tower to collapse, crushing him.

Readers are in for a real treat—with an amazing level of detail and ambience that breathes new life into Louis L’Amour’s already stunning story.Today, as I reflect on the anticipation of our savior’s birth, I can’t help but remember the sacredness of sitting in the desert, holding a small child underneath the light of the stars and moon. Poor Thomas Yeates’ name is last on the list developers for this book, but as illustrator, I dare say it should be second. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Named for acclaimed comics creator the Will Eisner, the awards are celebrating their 26th year of highlighting the best publications and creators in comics and graphic novels. Marone seems to always be one step ahead, but Lopez is a good tracker and has history with Marone, which is told in flashbacks.

After reading quite a few of L'Amour's books I have an appreciation that he insisted on accuracy in his historic tales; I know that he worked hard through both book study and personal travel all over the west to make that happen. Born of the Desert was written soon after the events depicted and has an immediacy and impact which places it above other World War II memoirs. So Dan invites him to help pretty Mary Belton by tearing down big cattleman fence starving her cattle.It was interesting to read about the evolution of the SAS, desert travel, the raids on Axis airfields and railways and the day to day camp life in the conflict zone.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment