276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NIKE Women's Downshifter 11 Gymnastics Shoe

£32.45£64.90Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Although this foam isn’t one of Nike’s premium materials, e.g. React or ZoomX, it did a great job of cushioning the foot strike over short and long runs.

If you need a breathable, lightweight daily shoe for all types of light training this could be a great choice. Overall, there’s not much exciting to say about the upper, its low on features to keep costs and weight down. Nike Downshifter 11 Conclusion The Downshifter is much more cushioned and responsive and feels more like a premium line running shoe.After 50 miles it’s still in great condition and I’m sure has many more miles left in it, with as much spring in the foam now as when it first came out the box. The upper is a single layer, lightweight breathable mesh, with an almost shiny finish. This upper is constructed in a seamless design with synthetic overlays and ventilated TPU midfoot cage.

OUR VERDICT The Nike Downshifter 10 stands out from Nike’s running shoe line up due to it’s low cost list price and premium design.The Downshifter 11 is comfortable on the roads, at the gym, and even just as an around-town sneaker. But if you are planning to take the shoe out in the cold, be prepared that it is going to stiffen up. In our freezer test, the Downshifter 12 got 30.8% firmer compared to its room temperature state. The only downside of these was they gathered lots of mud and grass on a run and were quite difficult to get clean. The midsole is an unbranded foam, with side cutaways to keep weight down and feels supportive enough, with cushioning throughout the length of the foot, so no issues if you favor a heel or toe strike, and also mirrors the exact pattern, structure and feel of the Downshifter 10. I took the shoe out for a run mid-Dutch heatwave and it was super breathable. Of course the following day there was a downpour, on a wet run, my feet were soaked immediately. The shoe took over 24 hours to dry.

The new outer sole footwrap was one of my favorite parts of the shoe, adding to the structure of the TPU cage to keep the foot secure. Flex grooves keep the weight of the shoe down and flexibility of the sole up.

Nike Downshifter 10 Price Comparison

Key specs – Terrain: Road; Arch support: Neutral; Best Used for: Training; Weight: 310g (UK 9); Heel-to-toe offset: 10mm If you’re the kind of person who looks at runners’ feet as they line up for a race, you’d once have seen a broad range of shoes in use – but not any more. Now, it’s a sea of green and pink, with Nike Vaporfly NEXT% emerging as the go-to option for pros and serious amateurs alike.

There are no reflective elements on the Downshifter 11 so be sure to be careful after dark in these if you are out running on busy roads. The upper measures 97.8mm on the forefoot and 74.8 in the heel which is right around the average shoe (98.4/75.4mm). Size-wise, I had gone half a size up in the Downshifter vs the Revolution 5 and I felt the fit on the Downshifter 10 was the same as the pair of Revolution 5’s I have, thus making the Downshifter 10 on the smaller side in both length and especially the width.

Nike Downshifter 10 Upper Unit

If you’re a regular runner, looking to log tons of miles, and run distances of 10km+, I’d look to invest a little more in a running shoe and get something with slightly more support and durability, such as the Nike React Miler. Given that you’re getting the same high level of performance from the shoe, that’s fantastic news. The Vaporfly pairs Nike’s soft and springy ZoomX foam with a carbon plate to produce a remarkably fast and efficient ride that’s helped runners of all levels set PBs at races of all distances in recent years. There’s no better option for 5Ks and 10Ks, and there’s only one shoe we rate as better than the Vaporfly for long distance races, and that’s Nike’s other carbon racer, below.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment