276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Close To Me: Now a major TV series

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

British single certifications – The Police – Don't Stand So Close to Me". British Phonographic Industry. Close To Me by Monica Murphy is an enemies to lovers, standalone new adult, high school romance full of emotion, drama, angst, amazing chemistry, and fabulous banter! This story is about Drew and Fable Callahan’s daughter from the One Week Girlfriend series all grown up. This book takes you along for the journey of Ash and Autumn’s turbulent, love/hate relationship through four years of high school. I really loved this story, and getting more of Drew and Fable as well. I adore the Callahan’s and hope we get more books for the other siblings too!

Autumn Callahan (h) is your typical h from a NA book (she's a virgin) and she's a goody-two shoes, while Asher Davis (H) is your typical bad boy, popular football player (QB of course). throughout the years, they have been playing this cat and mouse, push and pull game since the beginning of high school. and during their senior year, Asher is forced to live with Autumn and her family (love this trope). And the best part from the entire scene is Autumn getting angry at HIM because he told her about it and then proceeds to leave. I did kind of guess where this was going but it didn't detract from my overall enjoyment reading this.

When Jo finds herself at the bottom of the stairs, after a violent fall, the paramedics asking her endless questions, her only thought is that she doesn't want her husband near her. But why? He's trying to help? Isn't he? A tasty, if not always tasteful, tale of supernatural mayhem that fans of King and Crichton alike will enjoy. Close to Me was filmed in 2020 when coronavirus restrictions were in place in England. Cast and crew adhered to strict safety protocols. And as such no positive case arose within the 80 member shoot. Close to Me: Cast Now, Drew and Fable were having a big part in here and i loved how they were between them and with their family...

She can't remember what she did - or what happened the night she fell. But she's beginning to realise she might not be as good a wife and mother as she thought." Oh the angst in this story! I cannot express how much I loved this book. Asher and Autumn were everything I could have wanted and more. He is such a damaged soul that is looking for acceptance and love but does not know how to show his own feelings. He is dealing with so much and the only thing that gets him through are his feelings for Autumn. He believes that there is no way that she could want him so he admires her from a distance. Autumn comes from a loving family and has everything going for her. She is drawn to bad boy Asher. He annoys her and makes her feel things that she has never felt. Most of the time she thinks that he doesn’t like her as he is always making fun of her. Then there are the times that he says things that she likes. When a situation arises, it pushes them closer together but to them it feels like everything and everyone is pulling them apart. Both of these characters are great individually but together it is pure beauty. It was great to see Drew and Fable as parents. As one of my favorite couples, they are raising wonderful children. I’m looking forward to seeing the other kids in their own stories. Then comes junior year and they end up being chemistry partners. She still hates him, because you know being a good guy and warning the new girl about being part of a bet is a bad thing right? 🙄 Autumn and Ash have some kind of history... Since their first year of high school, they are sniffing around each other... even though they're trying their best to avoid each other mostly...JR Huffman, JL Huffman (1987), "Sexism and cultural lag: The rise of the jailbait song, 1955–1985", The Journal of Popular Culture, 21 (2): 65–83, doi: 10.1111/j.0022-3840.1987.2102_65.x

Close to me is told in two parts, real-time and snippets of the past year, though it has a slow build this is not a bad thing as you get to understand Jo's life and how she is the person she is. Close to me delves into the dynamics of family and the resulting aftermath when things ultimately implode. Okay so when I started this book I thought I ll give it 5 stars because it was so damn interesting, Autum is the daughter of a famous football player and Ash is a poor guy whose mother is a drug addict. He liked the heroine from the beginning but Autum had a crush on another guy, their story started when they were 15 and took many turns. I thought it ll be something heartbreaking or forbidden, I really liked Ash at the beginning but towards the end I literally started hating him and Autum is just so naive. whatever he tells her, first she protests but eventually listens to him. What would you do if you woke up and couldn't remember anything from the last year of your life? CLOSE TO ME by Amanda Reynolds follows Jo Harding as she struggles to find out what happened to her the night she fell as well has the year of memories she has lost.This engrossing story of lies,families,secrets and betrayals is voiced entirely by Jo in the third person pov.It unfolds in chapters that alternate between before and after the fall,the chapters are clearly headed and the story flows along nicely.The characters are well developed and realistic but mostly unlikable apart from Jo`s son Fin and Rose who works in the drop out centre where Jo volunteers.It must be absolutely terrifying to lose a whole chunk of your life and the authors portrayal of Jo`s fear,frustration and confusion was believable and realistic but I found it hard to feel any sympathy for her because of some of her thoughts and actions as the story unfolded. In the finale there is a late twist - a completion of the story - and giving something of a sense of relief; a satisfaction, uncomfortable though it is, that the most appropriate outcome for all might have been achieved, though several characters are not the happiest, understandably, in the circumstances! As the Police had already disbanded by the time the 1986 single was released, this, aside from the then-unreleased " De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da '86," was the last recording before the band's reunion and the most recent studio recording the band has released.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment