276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cuts Both Ways

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

but i’d say in a sense i’m also hurt about her brother, despite being involved in all that, and him being well off - no one deserves what he went through. i never thought he’d be involved in such activities, but it’s why Candice put that in there, it could be anyone and happen to anyone. there was so much life ahead of him :(

Cuts Both Ways By Candice Brathwaite | Used | 9781786541833 Cuts Both Ways By Candice Brathwaite | Used | 9781786541833

Cuts Both Ways is a riveting mixture of contemporary, romance and mystery that completely captures your mind. There she is met with microagressions straight away—from teachers who do not bother learning to pronounce her name, to students gossiping about 'gangs killing each other in London' and desribing her natural afro hair as 'unkempt'. These serve as a stark reminder of the casual prejudices that still linger among today's society. Anyways…..I feel like my thoughts are legit all over the place. All in all, I LOVED this book. I rate it HIGHLY and I would recommend this book to ANYONE and EVERYONE.

About this book

Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments

Cuts Both Ways by Candice Brathwaite | Goodreads Cuts Both Ways by Candice Brathwaite | Goodreads

Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - Another moment that made me cringe is when Thomas the white upper class foster brother of Isacc is interested in a date with Cyn and so asks her dad if he can take her out on a date - WHILST SHE IS STOOD RIGHT THERE - boy bye this is not the 1850s. Through ‘Cuts Both Ways’, Candice has captured the reality of many young people in London and other cities marred by gun and knife crime. I was drawn into a world I could only imagine before reading this story. The plot wasn't believable and felt rushed. A pondering question I have upon finishing this novel... What was the message? What can people gain from reading this? Cuts Both Ways was a really powerful read and its ending – whilst not ambiguous – certainly allows for more of the story to be told and I really home that Candice Braithwaite turns it into a series.

Summary

Ongoing Covid restrictions, reduced air and freight capacity, high volumes and winter weather conditions are all impacting transportation and local delivery across the globe. There were some parts of the book that really made me cringe although this was a good thing as that is exactly what the author was going for in my opinion. The first was when Cyn is at a party hosted by the Goddards and another guest is rude to her for being on her mobile phone because she automatically assumes that she is there to work and so goes to call out "the help".

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment