276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Silent Sister

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You really feel for Lizzy as a character as her fear turns into paranoia. This is a tautly plotted tense read with a lot of secrets throughout, the writing is easy to read and follow. There are twists aplenty and there are a number of possible suspects making it difficult to predict who the culprit actually is. I loved the ending too. I always enjoy Ms. Chamberlain's books, and this was no exception. THE SILENT SISTER is an intriguing read with a ​perfec​t ​​title and a storyline filled with riveting ​incidents that were divulged. I loved this twisty,riveting tale of secrets,lies,manipulation and deceit,it's worth far more than five stars and highly recommended by little old me.I look forward to reading more books by this author in the future.

The Silent Sister - Diane Chamberlain

There is a double twist at the end of the book. The first twist I thought was great. And in my honest opinion, the book should have ended there. It may even have earned an extra half star had it done so. But the author went and put in a second twist that was, for me, completely over the top. But that is just my opinion and I am probably in the minority here.Another thing that the author hurried on was the relationship between Celia and Lisa. A couple of meetings and they are in a relationship? The reader never gets the sense of how their relationship develops. Living a lie while building a relationship is incredibly taxing, but there was none of that in the book. A story about secrets and the detrimental effect on a family. This is not one of my favorites of Chamberlain novels. Although at times the story was interesting I felt the plot was uneven. At times over dramatic and the dialogue forced and stilted. Usually this author does a good job writing women's fiction, aptly straddling the line between wringing excess emotion out of the reader and providing an interesting and quality plot. This plot and especially the ending seemed implausible. I found this one started out a bit slow but the tension did build up in the second part and true to form there are a few twists and turns I didn’t quite see coming. Even though, I thought I knew who the stalker was, I couldn’t at all figure out their connection to Lizzy, nor why they had it in for her as much as they did.

Sisters of Silence - Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum Sisters of Silence - Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum

I was totally immersed in the story, and am glad I took a time out from my review schedule to fit this one in. There are a few things I found wrong with this book which makes it impossible for me to give it more than 2-stars. And sadly, it's not because of the writing which is not bad at all. It's simply so darn predictable this novel. From beginning to end it is predictable. The characters, even Riley, are paper thin, and I almost felt like one storyline (with the crazy RV park couple) was too neatly tossed away and sewn up. I mean... it can't be that easy to get out of a contract is it?Incredibly gripping and emotionally powerful, The Silent Sister is perfect for fans of Jodi Picoult and Liane Moriarty. The story was well paced, had Lizzy in a tizzy sometimes very dizzy, always busy with fear. The feeling of being watched kept a hold on the story. I liked how every character behaved suspiciously after the onset of these letters. The doubting facet of a scared human nature was well written. The Silent Sister by Shalini Boland is a psychological thriller about a woman who finds herself with a stalker and doesn't know who to trust. Having read several of Shalini Boland's books already I knew I would be in for a good read before going into this one. A violent surfacing of adolescence (which has little in common with Tarkington's earlier, broadly comic, Seventeen) has a compulsive impact.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment