276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garden Of Arts Ganpati Modak Mould/Modak Maker/Modak Sancha of Plastic Set of 2

£6.75£13.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Remove this to a large bowl and let it cool a bit. You want this mixture to be still warm while you make a dough from it. Make sure the water has come to a rolling boil before adding the rice flour. Let the flour sit for 5-7 minutes. Or adapt a easier way such as using a mould. Mould makes the process of shaping hassle free as well as look pretty and uniform size. You can buy modak mould online shops or vessels shop. Ganesh Chaturthi festival I would recommend gratin g the jaggery or break into very small pieces. There should be no lumps of jaggery in the filling. Mix crushed saffron into the warm milk. This way saffron will infuse its flavor and color in the milk to the max. Keep it aside.

This is the popular kesar modak that you’ll find in all the sweet shops during Ganesh Mahotsav. But why not make at home with love for Lord Ganesha. Brass Enchanting Apsara Devi Holding Oil Lamps (Diyas) - Made in Varanasi, India - Only at Dharma | Home & Temple Oil LampsModak is Lord Ganesh’s favorite sweet and it is offered to him during Ganesh Mahotsav. I am sure he must be tired by the traditional modak offerings. This fusion will sure to impress him. You are not signed in. To post a private recipe note requires you to Sign In to your Gold or Silver account This Modak recipe needs just a handful of ingredients most of which are available at Indian grocery stores:

Steamer - You can use idli pot with greased idli plate or a steamer you have. I used my clip on pressure cooker with glass lid and IKEA steamer insert basket. Chocolate Cinnamon Modak – To get sweet cinnamon-scented modak, add a dash of ground cinnamon to the mixture along with the cocoa powder. Hi, I'm Kanan Patel. I share easy, delicious vegetarian recipes (mostly Indian) and Eggless baking recipes that you can sure count on! Wrap the dough with a damp cloth. It is important to keep the dough damp and soft. Now make 12-14 lemon-sized balls. Note: The size of the balls will also depend on the size of the modak mold you have. Also, keep the balls covered with a damp cloth.

Table of contents

In a pot where the steamer basket fits, bring water to a rolling boil. Set the boiling water on medium heat. Place the steamer basket and steam the modak covered for 8-10 minutes. You should see a shine appear on the modak. Ukadiche modak is a traditional Indian sweet that is said to be Lord Ganesha's favorite dish, and it's easy to see why. With a soft and chewy rice flour exterior and a sweet coconut and jaggery filling, modaks are a perfect combination of flavors and textures. Step 5: While the flour is still warm, transfer it to a wide plate and being kneading the dough. Continue kneading for 5-6 minutes until it is soft and pliable (images 9 and 10). Knead therice dough using 1 teaspoon of gheeand 1-2 tablespoons of warmwater for 5 to 10 mins or until the dough is really soft and moist. Or make instant mawa which is made from full-fat milk powder (khoya powder) that also available in Indian stores.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment