276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kodak Ektachrome E100G Colour Slide Film ISO 100 35 mm 36 Exposures Transparent

£17.66£35.32Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

On the “positive” side (see what I did there?) it has a notable magenta cast and soft colors which can nicely render certain landscapes. My favorite use case for Velvia 100 is when the sun is either right on or below the horizon since it really draws out the naturally purple tones in these situations.

All film is getting increasingly expensive, and seemingly the pandemic only made the pre-existing conditions worse. Kodak, in particular, however, seems to have raised prices more rapidly and to higher overall levels than its competitors; it’s been the subject of blog posts, forum conversations and podcasts throughout the film photography community for awhile now, so no need to rehash that here. To shoot Ektachrome, you really have to want to. For me, it’ll remain a choice that I’ll continue to justify, but it’s getting harder and harder to do so.

The second was that I preferred my results from higher-quality more modern glass. Taken with the Zeiss 35mm 2.8 ZM C-Biogon Incident experiments Note by the daylight, overcast line it says 7000k and by the cloudy day line it shows that the colour temperature can be as high as 8300 Kelvin. With Kodak E100 being daylight (5600k) balanced, no wonder I was getting such a blue shift from the parts of the day that were cloudy… In my second post, I talked about shooting Ektachrome E100 in cameras that I’m comfortable with when it comes to metering. I got some great results out of both Konica Hexar RF and my Olympus XA4. Both cameras have light meters that I’m familiar with and so both gave me mostly well-exposed images without me having to tweak my usual techniques for obtaining good exposure. Using the light meter in my Hexar I was able to read this higher contrast scene and get a result I was happy with I suppose that’s fitting – by all rights, Ektachrome shouldn’t even be here. Up until a few months ago it was all but certain that we’d be saying goodbye to E-6 slide film. Kodachrome fell in 2010. Fujifilm, though producing some of the best film in the game, keeps cutting film from their catalog like a bitter ex deleting every photo of you off of their phone. And even though film is experiencing a resurgence, it never looked like the difficult, strange pleasures of slide film would ever be attractive to new shooters, not to mention film manufacturers. Williams, Tom (November 26, 2021). "Rina Yang on shooting Taylor Swift's All Too Well: The Short Film". British Cinematographer . Retrieved June 11, 2023.

I'm probably not Googling this correctly, but I'm confused about Kodachrome and Ektachrome. I love slide film myself and like to use it when I can afford to buy it! So the return of Ektachrome has peaked my interest. But I am a little muddled. The 70+ year era of Kodak slide film was over. And while I wasn’t paying attention at the time, I imagine most people thought it was over forever. The aforementioned movies, Three Kings and Inside Man, both used Ektachrome in their production purely because they wanted the stylised effects you get from cross-processing it.Although the names sound similar, there are three different types of slide films that make up the current offering from Fujifilm, and each are distinct with their own specific strengths and weaknesses. Fujichrome Velvia 50 As a slide film, Ektachrome is designed to be developed using the E-6 process, which has evolved from the original E-1 process of 1946 via the E-2, E-3, E-4, and E-5 versions. I think it’s time wrap this up with some more condensed statements. Kodak Ektachrome E100 is a high risk, high reward film. I had more duds exposure-wise from this one roll than I’ve ever had before. Perhaps across every negative film I shot added together.

Elite Chrome EBX: Properly called Kodak EliteChrome Ext

In a word, there’s just a lot more depth than I’ve gotten before from even the best colour negative films I’ve shot like Portra 400 or Ektar 100. Elite Chrome: There are actually several in this family, but I was never able to find a definitive date when it was introduced, and with no inception date had to leave it off the timeline. For a long time, even with some of them being rebranded as Elite Chrome, everything was going great for the Ektachrome family of films. Until, like Uncle Kodachrome before it, a new technology started to affect its sales and usage. And this time it was digital. The people behind those have done what they can with the resources available to them. Producing film is a massive operation and it’s nigh on impossible for an individual or small business to make a genuine brand new one from scratch. It needs someone like Kodak to do it. Or Ilford with their Ortho Plus. Or Fuji with their Acros II (kinda made by Ilford).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment